NutriSystem

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Dawn M. Zier

Former Weightloss Counselor

Weight Loss Counselor (Former Employee) Fort Washington, PA

ProsOrganized and successful company. Pay and commission was great AND overtime was offered, frequently. Friendly, laid back environment with casual dress. The company was always bringing perks to the floor: gifts, giftcards, lunch, snacks. The amount of weighloss of the clients was so much more successful than I had anticipated prior to working at Nutrisystem. This made the job so exciting!!

ConsI have no cons to share

Advice to Senior ManagementLoved the available overtime, commission and perks!

Great place, even for a contractor

Ecommerce (Current Employee) Fort Washington, PA

ProsCasual atmosphere. Many people wear jeans. The new Wii and table games (foosball) in third floor common space give people a place to unwind.
    Very friendly people.
    I have been able to make my own schedule and come and go as fits my life. This is incredibly valuable.
    I have a great manager and team. My manager consistently has my back and my fellow team members go out of their way to help me with new work.

ConsTensions definitely rise during diet season but it's more of a "all hands on deck" mentality. At least from my perspective stress was manageable, although as a contractor I didn't have much responsibility other than to get my work done.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work. This company is definitely going places!

Good if you are an FT.... OK if you are a Contractor

Analyst (Former Employee) Fort Washington, PA

ProsWorked as a Contractor in their Business Dept not the Call Center.

Applies to both FT/Contractors:

- Freedom to work the way you want.

- Casual Dress Code

- Issues are resolved quickly

- Value proposed suggestions

Applies to Contractors:

- Dont treat you like a second grade citizen

ConsApplies to Contractors:

- FT Managers micro-manage Contractors timesheet approval.
    If you charge 10-15 mins on a project ....you have to explain .....and if you work on many teams, then you end up explaining 5 different leads.
    They are like "....the meeting ended 10 mins early why did you charge 1 hr, shouldn't you charge 50 mins only...." kind of a thing. And this is with most managers. And you end up spending half hour just documenting the hours worked per project. Now where does that half hour go??? :P

- Atleast in my department, they cared a Rats A** if you have knowledge or not. Which is a good thing if you are FT & bad if you are a contractor, coz they expect you to mentor/ coach the FT guy. And you know how it goes when it's time for the FT to give you credit ...NEVER!

- Depending on the manager, complaints on the contractor are handled differently. One manager was balanced, others were biased towards the FTs. Period.

Advice to Senior Management- Stop over spending on celebrities; instead use money for research and prove the science with data. Customers will buy.

- Stop Micro-managing contractors.

- If you expect 2 week notice from contractors before they leave, do the same when you let them go. :-)

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Everything is based on politics and who you know

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosdepending on department, could be a great group of people

ConsIt's not about your skills or experience, it's about who you know and politics.

Open environment, direct feedback, rewards through pay for performance

Administrative (Current Employee) Fort Washington, PA

ProsOpportunity to take on new challenges, automomy to make decisions, great leadership team as of 2013, improvements in accountbility, engagement and company revenues!

ConsIf you like to come to work and experience the same thing, day after day, this company is not for you. It attracts self-initiated, problem solvers, entrepreneurs, and resourceful people who enjoy new challenges and like to get positive results.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work turning Nutrisystem around. The improved results speak to the efforts of the dedicated employees and clear business direction of the new leadership. I have seen several employees leave the company thinking the grass is greener elsewhere, only to come back within a few months.

NutriSystem Senior Recruiter responded to this review

May 9, 2014

Thank you so much for the Feedback! We welcome hearing your thoughts & look forward to ongoing improvement!

Great people makes Nutrisystem a great place to work

Sales (Current Employee) Fort Washington, PA

ProsExcellent Pay for program consultants and sales reps. Easy going environment especially for a call center. Super friendly co-workers. Good opportunity for advancement. Supervisors, coaches generate an positive environment.

ConsOpen 365 days a year. Must work on holiday unless regular scheduled day off.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing the things that has made the past year successful in rebuilding Nutrisystem. Open and honest communication is vital and always appreciated. Sales and Retention Reps feel they have a voice for the first time in quite a while. It certainly has shown through in retaining excellent and dedicated employees.

not bad

Sales (Former Employee) Fort Washington, PA

ProsEasy job, good entry level out of college.

ConsNot much room for growth

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't micromanage

I really enjoy my time here!

ProsAbility to help people. Love the product. Great pay!

ConsLots of change- must be good with change.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the front line people.

inside sales rep

Sales Representative (Former Employee) Fort Washington, PA

Prosworked there 6 years, money was good (in the beginning) each year your commission went down, and down, anywhere between 7-10k

Conspoor management, my supervisor started as a inside rep (when I did) he was an awful sales rep. I earned more than him. One time while he was my supervisor he took a sales call to show us what to do, say, etc. he was so awful, what a joke he was, he stuttered the whole time, he mad so many mistakes, they have unqualified supervisors, so management can control them better.

Advice to Senior Managementthe company is like a sinking ship, every 2 years they change cfo. their stock keeps dropping,
    they haven't changed the product for the last 4 years, all they do is change discounts and add's. They don't even have celebrity spokes people anymore. they can't afford to pay them. I have one word to sum up company (TITANIC)

Some good, some not so good

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsMany kind, helpful co-workers who want to do great work.

ConsC-level leadership has blinders on and doesn't see how team members are really being treated.

Worked for NutriSystem? Contribute to the Community!