NutriSystem

Dawn M. Zier

31 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Results Driven Culture

Marketing (Current Employee) Fort Washington, PA

ProsHere at Nutrisystem, it is easy to feel positive, challenged, and acknowledged - things I think any employee would be looking for. Part of this depends on the team and managers with whom you work but I have found everyone I have worked with to be professional and friendly. I have been challenged, but have been able to maintain a great work-life balance.

There are always different activities going on - actives related to sporting events, meet & greets with other departments and our customers, requests for employee ideas for the company, etc. I think this makes the employees feel valued and helps each employee balance fun and the overall objectives of the company with their individual role within the organization.

ConsAs with any company, there are inter-company politics and cliques. The pros completely outweigh the cons.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is more approachable and more involved with all levels of the company than I have seen at any other company I've worked for. Management continually challenges their employees which creates a fast-paced, results driven environment. So far, I have no complaints and like the way things are run.

A wonderful place to come to work

Senior Weight Loss Counselor & Social Media Liaison At Nutrisystem (Current Employee) Fort Washington, PA

ProsI really enjoy the folks that I work with. The atmosphere around the work place is fun, committed, and supportive. If you work hard for the company, they work hard for you. The benefits are amazing; you really cannot beat them. We receive a ton of paid time off which is great. I believe our salary is assessed based on fair and appropriate means. My departments really challenge me to be better and I like that aspect of where I work and what I do. They lead by example.

ConsSome have to work on holidays such as Memorial Day, Labor Day, etc, which is not that big of a deal and it actually is a chance to make more money but it would be nice to have off.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy experience with management has been mostly positive and constructive. I am at my current position because I received proper mentoring. I think they do a good job at identifying talent and trying to bring it out so that it can be put to good use. Again, they work hard for you if you work hard for them.

Jul 14, 2014

We appreciate your detailed feedback! Thank you for taking the time to respond.

Fun place to work, with a friendly team atmosphere

Visual Designer (Current Employee) Fort Washington, PA

ProsFlexible schedule, plenty of PTO (20 days). Very genuine CMO with no fear of change.

ConsLimited advancement opportunity for individual contributors.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate a plan to advance employees who are committed and willing to do more for more pay.

Jul 14, 2014

Thank you for the information! Just FYI, we've recently launched a Development Training for July that's target to all position levels- Including Individual Contributors. If you are interested ... More
  1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Former sales

Sales Representative (Former Employee) Fort Washington, PA

ProsVery easy position to learn and be good at right away.

ConsNo career path, supervisors make less than top salespeople. And salespeople don't make a lot anymore. Have to work weekends and holidays. Too much work for too little money. Product is outdated. Money was ok when I started, but steadily went down each year. Have to work 6-7 days a week during diet season to make enough for the yr. introduced software designed to turn off your phone if you didn't get enough sales each hr. Became obvious that the company doesn't want salespeople at all and just wants customers to order online, which is understandable from a management/profitability standpoint, but miserable if you are a salesperson. People are fired for anything and everything. Bogus calls/hang ups are counted against your numbers and can result in your phone being turned off.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of salespeople entirely, it is obvious that they are not wanted. Find new sales channels.

Used to be wonderful. Hopefully making a comeback.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Fort Washington, PA

ProsGreat amount of vacation time. Has potential to get back to being a great environment since cleaning out some of the over-abundance of managers.

ConsLittle to no room for growth. Still too many cooks in the kitchen. Only certain managers truly provide the training needed or the time for direction. Salaries also are not great for the work put out by employees.

Jun 16, 2014

Thank you for providing feedback. We are working hard to offer various skills & leadership trainings to all employees, as it's very important! We hope that this will continuously improve!

Former Weightloss Counselor

Weight Loss Counselor (Former Employee) Fort Washington, PA

ProsOrganized and successful company. Pay and commission was great AND overtime was offered, frequently. Friendly, laid back environment with casual dress. The company was always bringing perks to the floor: gifts, giftcards, lunch, snacks. The amount of weighloss of the clients was so much more successful than I had anticipated prior to working at Nutrisystem. This made the job so exciting!!

ConsI have no cons to share

Advice to Senior ManagementLoved the available overtime, commission and perks!

Great place, even for a contractor

Ecommerce (Current Employee) Fort Washington, PA

ProsCasual atmosphere. Many people wear jeans. The new Wii and table games (foosball) in third floor common space give people a place to unwind.
    Very friendly people.
    I have been able to make my own schedule and come and go as fits my life. This is incredibly valuable.
    I have a great manager and team. My manager consistently has my back and my fellow team members go out of their way to help me with new work.

ConsTensions definitely rise during diet season but it's more of a "all hands on deck" mentality. At least from my perspective stress was manageable, although as a contractor I didn't have much responsibility other than to get my work done.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work. This company is definitely going places!

Good if you are an FT.... OK if you are a Contractor

Analyst (Former Employee) Fort Washington, PA

ProsWorked as a Contractor in their Business Dept not the Call Center.

Applies to both FT/Contractors:

- Freedom to work the way you want.

- Casual Dress Code

- Issues are resolved quickly

- Value proposed suggestions

Applies to Contractors:

- Dont treat you like a second grade citizen

ConsApplies to Contractors:

- FT Managers micro-manage Contractors timesheet approval.
    If you charge 10-15 mins on a project ....you have to explain .....and if you work on many teams, then you end up explaining 5 different leads.
    They are like "....the meeting ended 10 mins early why did you charge 1 hr, shouldn't you charge 50 mins only...." kind of a thing. And this is with most managers. And you end up spending half hour just documenting the hours worked per project. Now where does that half hour go??? :P

- Atleast in my department, they cared a Rats A** if you have knowledge or not. Which is a good thing if you are FT & bad if you are a contractor, coz they expect you to mentor/ coach the FT guy. And you know how it goes when it's time for the FT to give you credit ...NEVER!

- Depending on the manager, complaints on the contractor are handled differently. One manager was balanced, others were biased towards the FTs. Period.

Advice to Senior Management- Stop over spending on celebrities; instead use money for research and prove the science with data. Customers will buy.

- Stop Micro-managing contractors.

- If you expect 2 week notice from contractors before they leave, do the same when you let them go. :-)

Open environment, direct feedback, rewards through pay for performance

Administrative (Current Employee) Fort Washington, PA

ProsOpportunity to take on new challenges, automomy to make decisions, great leadership team as of 2013, improvements in accountbility, engagement and company revenues!

ConsIf you like to come to work and experience the same thing, day after day, this company is not for you. It attracts self-initiated, problem solvers, entrepreneurs, and resourceful people who enjoy new challenges and like to get positive results.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work turning Nutrisystem around. The improved results speak to the efforts of the dedicated employees and clear business direction of the new leadership. I have seen several employees leave the company thinking the grass is greener elsewhere, only to come back within a few months.

May 9, 2014

Thank you so much for the Feedback! We welcome hearing your thoughts & look forward to ongoing improvement!

Great people makes Nutrisystem a great place to work

Sales (Current Employee) Fort Washington, PA

ProsExcellent Pay for program consultants and sales reps. Easy going environment especially for a call center. Super friendly co-workers. Good opportunity for advancement. Supervisors, coaches generate an positive environment.

ConsOpen 365 days a year. Must work on holiday unless regular scheduled day off.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing the things that has made the past year successful in rebuilding Nutrisystem. Open and honest communication is vital and always appreciated. Sales and Retention Reps feel they have a voice for the first time in quite a while. It certainly has shown through in retaining excellent and dedicated employees.

Worked for NutriSystem? Contribute to the Community!