NutriSystem
www.nutrisystem.com Fort Washington, PA 150 to 499 Employees

NutriSystem Reviews

Updated Jul 10, 2014

Dawn M. Zier

A wonderful place to come to work

Senior Weight Loss Counselor & Social Media Liaison At Nutrisystem (Current Employee)
    Fort Washington, PA

ProsI really enjoy the folks that I work with. The atmosphere around the work place is fun, committed, and supportive. If you work hard for the company, they work hard for you. The benefits are amazing; you really cannot beat them. We receive a ton of paid time off which is great. I believe our salary is assessed based on fair and appropriate means. My departments really challenge me to be better and I like that aspect of where I work and what I do. They lead by example.

ConsSome have to work on holidays such as Memorial Day, Labor Day, etc, which is not that big of a deal and it actually is a chance to make more money but it would be nice to have off.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy experience with management has been mostly positive and constructive. I am at my current position because I received proper mentoring. I think they do a good job at identifying talent and trying to bring it out so that it can be put to good use. Again, they work hard for you if you work hard for them.

Fun place to work, with a friendly team atmosphere

Visual Designer (Current Employee)
    Fort Washington, PA

ProsFlexible schedule, plenty of PTO (20 days). Very genuine CMO with no fear of change.

ConsLimited advancement opportunity for individual contributors.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate a plan to advance employees who are committed and willing to do more for more pay.

Positively Changing

ProsCultural, people, product, work life balance for certain groups

ConsCareer path is different depending on the team

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to integrate the call center and non-call center

NutriSystem Senior Recruiter responded to this review Jul 2, 2014 EditDelete
    Thank you for the feedback. We continue to review career pathing & will soon be offering Career Development Training to our employees. This is an important focus for the leadership team. We wish ... More
  • We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Used to be wonderful. Hopefully making a comeback.

Fort Washington, PA

ProsGreat amount of vacation time. Has potential to get back to being a great environment since cleaning out some of the over-abundance of managers.

ConsLittle to no room for growth. Still too many cooks in the kitchen. Only certain managers truly provide the training needed or the time for direction. Salaries also are not great for the work put out by employees.

NutriSystem Senior Recruiter responded to this review Jun 16, 2014 EditDelete
    Thank you for providing feedback. We are working hard to offer various skills & leadership trainings to all employees, as it's very important! We hope that this will continuously improve!

Manager

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFine company. I liked it.

ConsCompany needs to find new markets for growth.

NutriSystem Senior Recruiter responded to this review May 9, 2014 EditDelete
    Thank you so much for the Feedback! We welcome hearing your thoughts & look forward to ongoing improvement!

Sinking ship!!!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe money can be ok if you work hard.

ConsEverything else! Are you ignorant and uneducated? Then this is the place for you! Otherwise, run for the hills!
    Training--what training? You are given one week of basic sales training and then thrown to the sharks. You get a sales manual that you have to teach yourself and that does not even cover the job properly.
    Supervisors and management? Really? So you ask your supervisor for help, and they tell you to find it in the book--ugh, its not there thats why Im asking? Every supervisor is miserable--they dont even look you in the face when you ask a question. In fact, you are told by employees not to speak to managers bc they will be of no help to you. Wow, imagine Nutrisystem clients knowing that the person they are speaking to is not trained properly nor do supervisors care or want to help. I have had many clients complain about the people they had spoken to on the phone before me and that it was near impossible to get a supervisor on the phone to help. This is a place that puts their clients first? No way. There is no way to instant chat with anyone when you have a question, so you have to put the client on hold, get off the phone, run around the football field call center looking for help---and most times, no one is even there to help you!!! So, you have to wait and wait....and then you dont even get the help you need bc the supervisor just does not know. Lazy is an understatement.
    I emailed my supervisor many times with questions, never to hear back ever. I asked how to do something twice--was told, next time it happens, come get me and ill help--guess what? next time you werent there again!
    Supervisors and management set you up for failure. They could care less, unless it directly affects their job. Thats why the company is constantly bringing in large groups of people, and firing, laying off months later--they weed out the staff constantly. Its a revolving door and this is joked about by the people that are left.
    If Nutrisystem wants to be a company that will be around in the next few years, then they have to fire all managers and supervisors stat. Clean house. Just because someone has been there since 2000, this does not make them a good manager. Good managers have educations and are motivating and uplifting to employees! They are not holding to guidelines and codes of conduct that worked last in 2005. Get with the times! Stop being a prison and start caring about your employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementClean house! There is a new CEO--now get new management. You are slowly sinking---its evident in the corporate environment and the fact that 1/3 of the call center is even used. There are more empty seats than filled seats.

NutriSystem HR Director responded to this review May 16, 2014 EditDelete
    Nutrisystem’s Contact Center sales employees are supported through a rigorous three week training program led by a dedicated trainer to onboard them to our Contact Center and organization. They are ... More

Former Weightloss Counselor

Weight Loss Counselor (Former Employee)
    Fort Washington, PA

ProsOrganized and successful company. Pay and commission was great AND overtime was offered, frequently. Friendly, laid back environment with casual dress. The company was always bringing perks to the floor: gifts, giftcards, lunch, snacks. The amount of weighloss of the clients was so much more successful than I had anticipated prior to working at Nutrisystem. This made the job so exciting!!

ConsI have no cons to share

Advice to Senior ManagementLoved the available overtime, commission and perks!

Great place, even for a contractor

Ecommerce (Current Employee)
    Fort Washington, PA

ProsCasual atmosphere. Many people wear jeans. The new Wii and table games (foosball) in third floor common space give people a place to unwind.
    Very friendly people.
    I have been able to make my own schedule and come and go as fits my life. This is incredibly valuable.
    I have a great manager and team. My manager consistently has my back and my fellow team members go out of their way to help me with new work.

ConsTensions definitely rise during diet season but it's more of a "all hands on deck" mentality. At least from my perspective stress was manageable, although as a contractor I didn't have much responsibility other than to get my work done.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work. This company is definitely going places!

Good if you are an FT.... OK if you are a Contractor

Analyst (Former Employee)
    Fort Washington, PA

ProsWorked as a Contractor in their Business Dept not the Call Center.

Applies to both FT/Contractors:

- Freedom to work the way you want.

- Casual Dress Code

- Issues are resolved quickly

- Value proposed suggestions

Applies to Contractors:

- Dont treat you like a second grade citizen

ConsApplies to Contractors:

- FT Managers micro-manage Contractors timesheet approval.
    If you charge 10-15 mins on a project ....you have to explain .....and if you work on many teams, then you end up explaining 5 different leads.
    They are like "....the meeting ended 10 mins early why did you charge 1 hr, shouldn't you charge 50 mins only...." kind of a thing. And this is with most managers. And you end up spending half hour just documenting the hours worked per project. Now where does that half hour go??? :P

- Atleast in my department, they cared a Rats A** if you have knowledge or not. Which is a good thing if you are FT & bad if you are a contractor, coz they expect you to mentor/ coach the FT guy. And you know how it goes when it's time for the FT to give you credit ...NEVER!

- Depending on the manager, complaints on the contractor are handled differently. One manager was balanced, others were biased towards the FTs. Period.

Advice to Senior Management- Stop over spending on celebrities; instead use money for research and prove the science with data. Customers will buy.

- Stop Micro-managing contractors.

- If you expect 2 week notice from contractors before they leave, do the same when you let them go. :-)

Everything is based on politics and who you know

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosdepending on department, could be a great group of people

ConsIt's not about your skills or experience, it's about who you know and politics.

Worked for NutriSystem? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at NutriSystem reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for NutriSystem CEO Dawn M. Zier. All 46 reviews posted anonymously by NutriSystem employees.