Nutrisystem

www.nutrisystem.com

Disgraceful

Former Employee - Anonymous in Fort Washington, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Fort Washington, PA

I worked at Nutrisystem full-time (more than a year)

Pros

They have beautiful office space.

Cons

This company is disgraceful. They treat their employers like dirt, then have massive layoffs, but continue to allow the CEO who mishandled funds to stay.

Aug 14, 2014HR Director

Thank you for your feedback. As an organization, we are highly focused on employee engagement and continuously monitor the quality of our employee experience. In our most recent employee survey ... More

Discriminatory Human Resources.

Former Employee - Retention Representative in Fort Washington, PA
    Former Employee - Retention Representative in Fort Washington, PA

I worked at Nutrisystem full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The pay was exceptional compared to similar jobs with the same title.
    Most of the customers were friendly.
    Great benefits.

Cons

The hours are not flexible no matter the circumstances.
    I was let go because I was out with a disability and they refused to accommodate me. They fired me instead. Which is illegal.
    Their upper management is disconnected from the actual employees. There is no communication.

Don't fire someone with a disability and act like you did nothing wrong. You ruin people's lives and don't care. Everything is about the final dollar. Stop treating the employees like slaves.

Aug 13, 2014HR Director

Nutrisystem selects, places, trains, transfers and promotes the best-qualified individuals based upon relevant factors such as education, work quality, attitude and experience so as to provide equal ... More

Former sales

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Fort Washington, PA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Fort Washington, PA

I worked at Nutrisystem full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Very easy position to learn and be good at right away.

Cons

No career path, supervisors make less than top salespeople. And salespeople don't make a lot anymore. Have to work weekends and holidays. Too much work for too little money. Product is outdated. Money was ok when I started, but steadily went down each year. Have to work 6-7 days a week during diet season to make enough for the yr. introduced software designed to turn off your phone if you didn't get enough sales each hr. Became obvious that the company doesn't want salespeople at all and just wants customers to order online, which is understandable from a management/profitability standpoint, but miserable if you are a salesperson. People are fired for anything and everything. Bogus calls/hang ups are counted against your numbers and can result in your phone being turned off.

Get rid of salespeople entirely, it is obvious that they are not wanted. Find new sales channels.

Used to be wonderful. Hopefully making a comeback.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Washington, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Washington, PA

I worked at Nutrisystem full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great amount of vacation time. Has potential to get back to being a great environment since cleaning out some of the over-abundance of managers.

Cons

Little to no room for growth. Still too many cooks in the kitchen. Only certain managers truly provide the training needed or the time for direction. Salaries also are not great for the work put out by employees.

Jun 16, 2014Senior Recruiter

Thank you for providing feedback. We are working hard to offer various skills & leadership trainings to all employees, as it's very important! We hope that this will continuously improve!

Manager

I worked at Nutrisystem

Pros

Fine company. I liked it.

Cons

Company needs to find new markets for growth.

May 9, 2014Senior Recruiter

Thank you so much for the Feedback! We welcome hearing your thoughts & look forward to ongoing improvement!

Sinking ship!!!

I worked at Nutrisystem full-time

Pros

The money can be ok if you work hard.

Cons

Everything else! Are you ignorant and uneducated? Then this is the place for you! Otherwise, run for the hills!
    Training--what training? You are given one week of basic sales training and then thrown to the sharks. You get a sales manual that you have to teach yourself and that does not even cover the job properly.
    Supervisors and management? Really? So you ask your supervisor for help, and they tell you to find it in the book--ugh, its not there thats why Im asking? Every supervisor is miserable--they dont even look you in the face when you ask a question. In fact, you are told by employees not to speak to managers bc they will be of no help to you. Wow, imagine Nutrisystem clients knowing that the person they are speaking to is not trained properly nor do supervisors care or want to help. I have had many clients complain about the people they had spoken to on the phone before me and that it was near impossible to get a supervisor on the phone to help. This is a place that puts their clients first? No way. There is no way to instant chat with anyone when you have a question, so you have to put the client on hold, get off the phone, run around the football field call center looking for help---and most times, no one is even there to help you!!! So, you have to wait and wait....and then you dont even get the help you need bc the supervisor just does not know. Lazy is an understatement.
    I emailed my supervisor many times with questions, never to hear back ever. I asked how to do something twice--was told, next time it happens, come get me and ill help--guess what? next time you werent there again!
    Supervisors and management set you up for failure. They could care less, unless it directly affects their job. Thats why the company is constantly bringing in large groups of people, and firing, laying off months later--they weed out the staff constantly. Its a revolving door and this is joked about by the people that are left.
    If Nutrisystem wants to be a company that will be around in the next few years, then they have to fire all managers and supervisors stat. Clean house. Just because someone has been there since 2000, this does not make them a good manager. Good managers have educations and are motivating and uplifting to employees! They are not holding to guidelines and codes of conduct that worked last in 2005. Get with the times! Stop being a prison and start caring about your employees.

Clean house! There is a new CEO--now get new management. You are slowly sinking---its evident in the corporate environment and the fact that 1/3 of the call center is even used. There are more empty seats than filled seats.

May 16, 2014HR Director

Nutrisystem’s Contact Center sales employees are supported through a rigorous three week training program led by a dedicated trainer to onboard them to our Contact Center and organization. They are ... More

Former Weightloss Counselor

Former Employee - Weight Loss Counselor in Fort Washington, PA
    Former Employee - Weight Loss Counselor in Fort Washington, PA

I worked at Nutrisystem full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Organized and successful company. Pay and commission was great AND overtime was offered, frequently. Friendly, laid back environment with casual dress. The company was always bringing perks to the floor: gifts, giftcards, lunch, snacks. The amount of weighloss of the clients was so much more successful than I had anticipated prior to working at Nutrisystem. This made the job so exciting!!

Cons

I have no cons to share

Loved the available overtime, commission and perks!

Great place, even for a contractor

Current Contractor - Ecommerce in Fort Washington, PA
    Current Contractor - Ecommerce in Fort Washington, PA

I have been working at Nutrisystem as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Casual atmosphere. Many people wear jeans. The new Wii and table games (foosball) in third floor common space give people a place to unwind.
    Very friendly people.
    I have been able to make my own schedule and come and go as fits my life. This is incredibly valuable.
    I have a great manager and team. My manager consistently has my back and my fellow team members go out of their way to help me with new work.

Cons

Tensions definitely rise during diet season but it's more of a "all hands on deck" mentality. At least from my perspective stress was manageable, although as a contractor I didn't have much responsibility other than to get my work done.

Keep up the good work. This company is definitely going places!

Good if you are an FT.... OK if you are a Contractor

Former Contractor - Analyst in Fort Washington, PA
    Former Contractor - Analyst in Fort Washington, PA

I worked at Nutrisystem as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Worked as a Contractor in their Business Dept not the Call Center.

Applies to both FT/Contractors:

- Freedom to work the way you want.

- Casual Dress Code

- Issues are resolved quickly

- Value proposed suggestions

Applies to Contractors:

- Dont treat you like a second grade citizen

Cons

Applies to Contractors:

- FT Managers micro-manage Contractors timesheet approval.
    If you charge 10-15 mins on a project ....you have to explain .....and if you work on many teams, then you end up explaining 5 different leads.
    They are like "....the meeting ended 10 mins early why did you charge 1 hr, shouldn't you charge 50 mins only...." kind of a thing. And this is with most managers. And you end up spending half hour just documenting the hours worked per project. Now where does that half hour go??? :P

- Atleast in my department, they cared a Rats A** if you have knowledge or not. Which is a good thing if you are FT & bad if you are a contractor, coz they expect you to mentor/ coach the FT guy. And you know how it goes when it's time for the FT to give you credit ...NEVER!

- Depending on the manager, complaints on the contractor are handled differently. One manager was balanced, others were biased towards the FTs. Period.

- Stop over spending on celebrities; instead use money for research and prove the science with data. Customers will buy.

- Stop Micro-managing contractors.

- If you expect 2 week notice from contractors before they leave, do the same when you let them go. :-)

Everything is based on politics and who you know

I worked at Nutrisystem

Pros

depending on department, could be a great group of people

Cons

It's not about your skills or experience, it's about who you know and politics.