O'Currance Teleservices

2.9

Sean Estes

I like my job

Current Employee - Sales Agent in Draper, UT

I have been working at O'Currance Teleservices part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Most of the people are very nice. I like the project I'm on. They have a good policy for moving up in the company. There is an opportunity to make a lot of money on most projects as long as you actually try. Best part, you can work from home.

Cons

If you have a rough pay period, your check will be very small. I have also had an issue with them shorting my check from time to time. I keep track of my own sales and if I catch it, they will fix it. Also if you work on site, a lot of the computers don't work and it can take a while to find one that works. It would also be nice if they blew the dust out of the keyboards and gave them a wipe down. But you don't have to worry about that as a home agent.

The IT guys that are there do a lot, and they do the best they can. But they need to hire someone to focus on fixing the computers around the office, maybe cleaning them. Otherwise I love working here.

Horribly managed company, but will do in a pinch

I worked at O'Currance Teleservices full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Will higher anyone and open to scheduling around your schedule, work from home is possible.

Cons

Top managers are not competent, company tries to cheat employees out of its commissions,

Fire John Brown and higher a more competent manager. Change the culture to be more professional.

Eh

I worked at O'Currance Teleservices full-time

Pros

There were a lot of great people I worked with.

Cons

The company really deteriorated the last year there. Nobody I worked with is still there.

Looks Better From A Distance.

Current Employee - Sales Agent in Draper, UT

I have been working at O'Currance Teleservices full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The pros would have to be the opportunity to work from home, the pleasant co-workers, and the company events they do.

Cons

Inconsistent management, very rarely able to follow through on what is promised. During the interview and training you are told that there is an abundance of overtime... And during part of the year you can manage it even with the shifts being between 25-30 hours a week. What they don't tell you is that there is a slow season where you don't get to work your complete shifts, your checks are cut in half, and they couldn't care less that it's happening. There are mandatory weekends which you sign a contract saying you agree to work these extra hours on top of your shifts. That's perfectly fine... Aside from when you're going to sign it they say it is typically only on Saturdays and that it isn't that intensive. There have been plenty of weekends where I have had to work 10+ hours on both Saturday and Sunday on top of my normally scheduled shift. During the busy season this definitely puts you into overtime... If you're lucky, during the slow season it puts you where you should have been with your schedule shift. The goals for conversion and AOV aren't completely ridiculous, though they can be difficult to reach even following the sales process that they teach to you.

I would try and get your act together. Be upfront and honest with employees about the reality of the company... You would lose far less employees if they weren't blind-sided by a lot of the things I've mentioned. Show a little consistency in management as well please, if you're going to promise things actually stick to them, and don't contradict yourselves so much. If the process isn't working, don't blame your employees, rather take a look at the process again. Maybe there is something that can be changed or altered to make more of your employees more successful at their job. Also... To the owner's in India... Please let your employees at least work their scheduled shift... Calling the time their kicked off the phones "Voluntary time off" when they aren't given a choice is pretty much spitting in your employee's eye. The sad thing is, if you ask for actual volunteers, there are usually a few people willing to take the time.

If you're unemployable this is the best you can do!

Current Employee - Sales Agent in Draper, UT

I have been working at O'Currance Teleservices full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Many employees are able to work from home. Generally there are only about two on-site meetings per month. If you are a felon (non-violent) you are still eligible for employment and poor appearance is not a factor.

Cons

It is very hard to get more than about 25 hours per week, you will be logged out by the management group that resides in India (as does tech support). The training is at best weak, with the conversion expectation very high.

Remember that your agents are people! The turn-over rate of several hundred percent per year is a direct reflection of the poor management staff.

I have worked at Ocurrance for 8 years and it has been good

Current Employee - Phone Sales in Draper, UT
    Current Employee - Phone Sales in Draper, UT

I have been working at O'Currance Teleservices full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

You can work at home

Cons

Some of the projects don't pay as much as others

I'm in no position to give advice here

A good job for non-primary earners

Current Employee - Sales Agent in Draper, UT

I have been working at O'Currance Teleservices full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Benefits are decent, including some paid time off
    HR friendly and U.S. side, mostly
    Work from home, awesome
    Base pay+commission
    Multiple products and one product teams, 24-hours, with a variety of scheduling options

Cons

They have sliding scale commission which they pass as a better way to give more money, when it is designed with months of metrics to save them money.
    A lot of office politics, drama.
    Owned and managed in India, excluding some middle management, so changes India side are quick and confusing (like commission changes) and U.S. side are slow and sometimes never happen (like promised schedules). Also meaning career path basically not applicable.

It is terrible to watch ones paycheck dwindling with a sliding scale and with a business that varies its demotivating. Please get rid of it.
    Give some options to U.S. management, they have no power to help their teams and yet deal directly with employees and clients. They influence everything from product retention to basic office environment, and need to have support.

Worst Interviewer

I worked at O'Currance Teleservices

Pros

Ability to work from home.

Cons

Just had an interview here and I must say that this was perhaps the most unprofessional and rudest interviewer I have ever come across, the supervisor sat through the entire interview pretending to write down what I was saying, but I think was doodling instead, at the end of the interview, escorted me toward the front entrance and rudely pointed out the door as if to say get out of here and don't come back. That being said, I will say, the recruiter who first interviewed me was polite and totally professional.

Not what I signed up for.

Former Employee - Sales Agent in Draper, UT
    Former Employee - Sales Agent in Draper, UT

I worked at O'Currance Teleservices part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Friendly people, good training, lots of food.

Cons

I took a job at O'Currance with the agreement that I would only be working 30 hours a week because of my situation. I was misinformed about the training schedule and when I finally got on the call floor I was told I would be required to work 45 hours a week. Now, I am not objecting to working that many hours, my last job (of 4 years) I worked 60+ hours a week, but left because of school and watching my kid. I was told I would have to work a schedule I couldn't work, even though I had arranged just the 30 hours when I was hired.

It has been 2 months since I've worked there and I still have not received my final paycheck. No one will return my calls, no one will pick up the phone.

It's your typical call center environment: everyone is expendable.

Get a receptionist that actually returns messages.

It's a good job with flexibility.

I have been working at O'Currance Teleservices

Pros

Flexible hours, but most desks work weekends. There's always a way to make more money.

Cons

Always working weekends and bad call volume can be frustrating.

offer better insentives and give the option to trade schedules and have every other weekend off.