O'Currance Teleservices

Add Photos

Sean Estes

I have worked at Ocurrance for 8 years and it has been good

Phone Sales (Current Employee) Draper, UT

ProsYou can work at home

ConsSome of the projects don't pay as much as others

Advice to Senior ManagementI'm in no position to give advice here

Looks Better From A Distance.

Sales Agent (Current Employee) Draper, UT

ProsThe pros would have to be the opportunity to work from home, the pleasant co-workers, and the company events they do.

ConsInconsistent management, very rarely able to follow through on what is promised. During the interview and training you are told that there is an abundance of overtime... And during part of the year you can manage it even with the shifts being between 25-30 hours a week. What they don't tell you is that there is a slow season where you don't get to work your complete shifts, your checks are cut in half, and they couldn't care less that it's happening. There are mandatory weekends which you sign a contract saying you agree to work these extra hours on top of your shifts. That's perfectly fine... Aside from when you're going to sign it they say it is typically only on Saturdays and that it isn't that intensive. There have been plenty of weekends where I have had to work 10+ hours on both Saturday and Sunday on top of my normally scheduled shift. During the busy season this definitely puts you into overtime... If you're lucky, during the slow season it puts you where you should have been with your schedule shift. The goals for conversion and AOV aren't completely ridiculous, though they can be difficult to reach even following the sales process that they teach to you.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would try and get your act together. Be upfront and honest with employees about the reality of the company... You would lose far less employees if they weren't blind-sided by a lot of the things I've mentioned. Show a little consistency in management as well please, if you're going to promise things actually stick to them, and don't contradict yourselves so much. If the process isn't working, don't blame your employees, rather take a look at the process again. Maybe there is something that can be changed or altered to make more of your employees more successful at their job. Also... To the owner's in India... Please let your employees at least work their scheduled shift... Calling the time their kicked off the phones "Voluntary time off" when they aren't given a choice is pretty much spitting in your employee's eye. The sad thing is, if you ask for actual volunteers, there are usually a few people willing to take the time.

If you're unemployable this is the best you can do!

Sales Agent (Current Employee) Draper, UT

ProsMany employees are able to work from home. Generally there are only about two on-site meetings per month. If you are a felon (non-violent) you are still eligible for employment and poor appearance is not a factor.

ConsIt is very hard to get more than about 25 hours per week, you will be logged out by the management group that resides in India (as does tech support). The training is at best weak, with the conversion expectation very high.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember that your agents are people! The turn-over rate of several hundred percent per year is a direct reflection of the poor management staff.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A good job for non-primary earners

Sales Agent (Current Employee) Draper, UT

ProsBenefits are decent, including some paid time off
    HR friendly and U.S. side, mostly
    Work from home, awesome
    Base pay+commission
    Multiple products and one product teams, 24-hours, with a variety of scheduling options

ConsThey have sliding scale commission which they pass as a better way to give more money, when it is designed with months of metrics to save them money.
    A lot of office politics, drama.
    Owned and managed in India, excluding some middle management, so changes India side are quick and confusing (like commission changes) and U.S. side are slow and sometimes never happen (like promised schedules). Also meaning career path basically not applicable.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt is terrible to watch ones paycheck dwindling with a sliding scale and with a business that varies its demotivating. Please get rid of it.
    Give some options to U.S. management, they have no power to help their teams and yet deal directly with employees and clients. They influence everything from product retention to basic office environment, and need to have support.

Worst Interviewer

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsAbility to work from home.

ConsJust had an interview here and I must say that this was perhaps the most unprofessional and rudest interviewer I have ever come across, the supervisor sat through the entire interview pretending to write down what I was saying, but I think was doodling instead, at the end of the interview, escorted me toward the front entrance and rudely pointed out the door as if to say get out of here and don't come back. That being said, I will say, the recruiter who first interviewed me was polite and totally professional.

Not what I signed up for.

Sales Agent (Former Employee) Draper, UT

ProsFriendly people, good training, lots of food.

ConsI took a job at O'Currance with the agreement that I would only be working 30 hours a week because of my situation. I was misinformed about the training schedule and when I finally got on the call floor I was told I would be required to work 45 hours a week. Now, I am not objecting to working that many hours, my last job (of 4 years) I worked 60+ hours a week, but left because of school and watching my kid. I was told I would have to work a schedule I couldn't work, even though I had arranged just the 30 hours when I was hired.

It has been 2 months since I've worked there and I still have not received my final paycheck. No one will return my calls, no one will pick up the phone.

It's your typical call center environment: everyone is expendable.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a receptionist that actually returns messages.

It's a good job with flexibility.

Sales Agent (Current Employee) Draper, UT

ProsFlexible hours, but most desks work weekends. There's always a way to make more money.

ConsAlways working weekends and bad call volume can be frustrating.

Advice to Senior Managementoffer better insentives and give the option to trade schedules and have every other weekend off.

HORRID HORRID HORRID

Sales Representative (Current Employee) Draper, UT

ProsThey will work with your schedule.

ConsIts all about politics.
    Its highschool drama
    Horrid pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your employees more. Nobody can live off 800 a month. Also the weekend "Mandatory hours" are a JOKE! You cant force someone to work 12-14 hours a day. Stop promoting crazy people who cause drama and make you feel uncomfortable.

Good Place to Work

ProsBenefits and PTO available 90 days after start. Good sales and product training. Ability to work from home.

ConsHigh turnover rates. Positions and commissions will change regularly due to clients and upper management, career path is somewhat vague.

Advice to Senior ManagementCOMMUNICATE

Worked for O'Currance Teleservices? Contribute to the Community!