O'Reilly Auto Parts Reviews in Chicago, IL
Nice co-workers/team members, no age, race, gender discrimination etc(in 15 reviews)
Good employee discounts and good health insurance(in 12 reviews)
Team members who have bad attitudes and are apathetic about their job / lives(in 22 reviews)
Part time team members can only work a total of 28hrs a week(in 14 reviews)
1 person found this helpful
Pros – Great to be involved in day to day and customer services.
Cons – Big Box company to a T. Limited resources for payroll. Expect amazing results with far underpaid TMs
Advice to Senior Management – Invest in the counterman. They are the front line. At a tick above minimum wage you get what you pay for.
Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend
Pros – You can work and meet a diverse group of people working for the company.
Cons – Hours change constantly due to it being retail. You can never do enough for the company they want more on top or more.
No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company
2 people found this helpful
Pros – Decent parts discount for employees
Cons – 1. 70-80 hrs./week (salary with no overtime)
2. No breaks (not even a lunch)
3. Work 6:00am - 10:30pm day after day after day
4. Do the math.... about $10.25/hr straight time.... salary is $40,000
5. Cancelled MANY full-time employee's health insurance without warning
6. Virtually no chance for a raise (outstanding reviews my first 3 years working at O'Reilly and no raise...now on my 2nd employment at O'Reilly's & took a $750k/yr store to $1.2M/yr and still no raise)
7. Will work you illegally long hours without breaks & fire you if you complain.
8. VERY understaffed
9. Main computer system (Legacy) developed in 1980 (no joke!) - still uses green/white bar paper with the little holes on the side & jams about 50% of the time.
10. Don't maintain their work vehicles (brakes went COMPLETELY out on me today in one of our delivery trucks & I've been warning my District Manager about the problem for a week)
11. Repeatedly "short change" your paycheck & say "Oops...sorry"
12. VERY prejudice company
Advice to Senior Management – Stop praying to Satan & pick up a bible (or Tora/Koran/etc.)
Pros – The culture values are excellent.
Cons – There is absolutely no help! District managers are on massive ego trips they do nothing to help you.
Advice to Senior Management – Run chicago like the rest of the company
Pros – The job so far is great and there are quite a few benefits and great discounts.
Cons – There are some frustrating times and the pay isnt that great but you do make commission.
Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company
Pros – Being able to sell auto parts
Cons – The company is cheap and buys up smaller autoparts companies and then slashes all the store managers and district managers that have been at that company and puts in place low paid workers to fill the spots.
Advice to Senior Management – They wont pay you any kind of a good salary...your low base pay is only increased by store sales... good luck in a down economy... I met some of their store managers that were only bringing in 25 grand a year
No, I would not recommend this company to a friend