O'Reilly Auto Parts

Be The First To
Add Photos

O'Reilly Auto Parts CEO and Co-President Greg Henslee

Greg Henslee

Pros
  • Nice co-workers/team members, no age, race, gender discrimination etc(in 15 reviews)

• Good employee discounts and good health insurance(in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Team members who have bad attitudes and are apathetic about their job / lives(in 22 reviews)

• Part time team members can only work a total of 28hrs a week(in 14 reviews)

6 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Good company, Bad upper management

Store Manager (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsGreat to be involved in day to day and customer services.

ConsBig Box company to a T. Limited resources for payroll. Expect amazing results with far underpaid TMs

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in the counterman. They are the front line. At a tick above minimum wage you get what you pay for.

Work hard but the work is not appreciated.

Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsYou can work and meet a diverse group of people working for the company.

ConsHours change constantly due to it being retail. You can never do enough for the company they want more on top or more.

Turn & Run! NEVER work for O'Reilly (I'm a store manager)

Store Manager (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsDecent parts discount for employees

Cons1. 70-80 hrs./week (salary with no overtime)
    2. No breaks (not even a lunch)
    3. Work 6:00am - 10:30pm day after day after day
    4. Do the math.... about $10.25/hr straight time.... salary is $40,000
    5. Cancelled MANY full-time employee's health insurance without warning
    6. Virtually no chance for a raise (outstanding reviews my first 3 years working at O'Reilly and no raise...now on my 2nd employment at O'Reilly's & took a $750k/yr store to $1.2M/yr and still no raise)
    7. Will work you illegally long hours without breaks & fire you if you complain.
    8. VERY understaffed
    9. Main computer system (Legacy) developed in 1980 (no joke!) - still uses green/white bar paper with the little holes on the side & jams about 50% of the time.
    10. Don't maintain their work vehicles (brakes went COMPLETELY out on me today in one of our delivery trucks & I've been warning my District Manager about the problem for a week)
    11. Repeatedly "short change" your paycheck & say "Oops...sorry"
    12. VERY prejudice company

Advice to Senior ManagementStop praying to Satan & pick up a bible (or Tora/Koran/etc.)

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

An experience that ruined my life.

Store Manager (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsThe culture values are excellent.

ConsThere is absolutely no help! District managers are on massive ego trips they do nothing to help you.

Advice to Senior ManagementRun chicago like the rest of the company

Great!!!

Parts Specialist (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsThe job so far is great and there are quite a few benefits and great discounts.

ConsThere are some frustrating times and the pay isnt that great but you do make commission.

Unfair

Store Manager (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsBeing able to sell auto parts

ConsThe company is cheap and buys up smaller autoparts companies and then slashes all the store managers and district managers that have been at that company and puts in place low paid workers to fill the spots.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey wont pay you any kind of a good salary...your low base pay is only increased by store sales... good luck in a down economy... I met some of their store managers that were only bringing in 25 grand a year

Worked for O'Reilly Auto Parts? Contribute to the Community!