O'Reilly Auto Parts

Be The First To
Add Photos

O'Reilly Auto Parts CEO and Co-President Greg Henslee

Greg Henslee

Pros:
  • "Most people do carry their own weight as far as the workload goes and the employee discount is more than adequate"
    in 10 reviews
  • "Atmosphere, good people, good entry level experiences"
    in 9 reviews
Cons:
  • "Team members who have bad attitudes and are apathetic about their job / lives"
    in 16 reviews
  • "No Benefits for part time employees, Salaries are competitive, but not particularly high"
    in 11 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

I really enjoyed working at Oreilly's, it was a great experience

Corporate Assistant III (Former Employee)
Springfield, MO

I worked at O'Reilly Auto Parts full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGreat people to work with, most everyone there was friendly and easy to work with.
Made me want to give 110% to help everyone, from management to to team members

ConsWas a fast paced environment and never knew who or what was going to be thrown your direction

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more open to team members and transfer from within

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Payroll Technician

Payroll Technician (Former Employee)
Springfield, MO

I worked at O'Reilly Auto Parts full-time for less than a year

ProsGreat atmosphere, friendly staff, thorough process. Great recruiting team and in-depth interviews. From receptionist to department managers, everyone was professional but friendly.

ConsNone really - great experience. Would recommend to anyone. They take their time to make sure candidates are a good fit not only for the position but also for the department.

commercial manager

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at O'Reilly Auto Parts

Prosgood knowledge of car parts

ConsUpper management needs serious help. Nobody has experience in the field of management or understand what management is about.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet some training programs that will assist and have better future for the company.

Turn & Run! NEVER work for O'Reilly (I'm a store manager)

Store Manager (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL

I have been working at O'Reilly Auto Parts full-time for more than 3 years

ProsDecent parts discount for employees

Cons1. 70-80 hrs./week (salary with no overtime)
2. No breaks (not even a lunch)
3. Work 6:00am - 10:30pm day after day after day
4. Do the math.... about $10.25/hr straight time.... salary is $40,000
5. Cancelled MANY full-time employee's health insurance without warning
6. Virtually no chance for a raise (outstanding reviews my first 3 years working at O'Reilly and no raise...now on my 2nd employment at O'Reilly's & took a $750k/yr store to $1.2M/yr and still no raise)
7. Will work you illegally long hours without breaks & fire you if you complain.
8. VERY understaffed
9. Main computer system (Legacy) developed in 1980 (no joke!) - still uses green/white bar paper with the little holes on the side & jams about 50% of the time.
10. Don't maintain their work vehicles (brakes went COMPLETELY out on me today in one of our delivery trucks & I've been warning my District Manager about the problem for a week)
11. Repeatedly "short change" your paycheck & say "Oops...sorry"
12. VERY prejudice company

Advice to Senior ManagementStop praying to Satan & pick up a bible (or Tora/Koran/etc.)

Good working environment and a lot of experience on with technology and labor, but just not enough.

Parts Specialist (Current Employee)

I have been working at O'Reilly Auto Parts part-time for more than a year

ProsGreat team to work with, tests your ability to work under pressure, and gives a wide variety of knowledge skills.

ConsAlmost no opportunity, barely any incentive, and no room for improvement.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe training needs to more focused on the automotive industry and improvement towards job growth for the individual. More incentives should be given to the employees other than just good discounts, and the needs to be more room for improvement.

Experience will depend upon your manager.

Sales Specialist (Current Employee)
Kansas City, MO

I have been working at O'Reilly Auto Parts part-time for more than 3 years

ProsMeet some interesting people. Benefits are not too shabby.

ConsThey say wages are competitive but you hardly get rewarded for the time that you put toward the company. If your store manager is no good then you really get shafted.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest more time in the employees that keep the company afloat.

Salary Review

I have been working at O'Reilly Auto Parts part-time for more than a year

ProsGreat opportunities for advancement, poor commitment twards salary

Conspoor performance management system, multiple tax withholdings issues

O'Reilly wants Dum Dum's!

Parts Specialist (Former Employee)
Rosemount, MN

I worked at O'Reilly Auto Parts full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThere isn't a pro about this company! Oh wait there is discount on parts for employees which use to be really good. But changed since then.

ConsO'Reilly is like the WalMart of auto parts. They act like they care about you. They tell their managers we are a family. They have the easiest to run parts lookup program, but somehow their employees never seem to know what they are talking about. The reason being is because O'Reilly wants the cheapest labor they can get.

I was part of the O'Reilly take over of Checker Auto Parts. Not only did they take my assistant manager position away, but they also cut my pay $2 an hour. Then basically told me we have a commission program that will make up for it. Except that it was based off my previous years sales. I was the highest selling person in my store. So they set my number I had to reach extremely high. Well above my normal sales.

If you were a Checker employee, and they cut your pay. You still made to much! So don't expect to get raise's. So they didn't do a hostile take over, they just pushed Checker employees out. Unless you were one of the ones willing to accept O'Reilly as the greatest company ever.

Don't expect much from O'Reilly they don't care about you. Or what you need pay wise to survive. They only care about paying you as little as possible, and making money. If you have any actual automotive knowledge don't even consider it. Don't waste your knowledge here, your worth more somewhere else.

Advice to Senior ManagementThrow in the towel, and give up on the parts business. Customers have already started figuring you out. Get out while it's good! Don't wait until your bankrupt!

sales and management

Sales Representative (Former Employee)
Spokane, WA

I worked at O'Reilly Auto Parts full-time for more than 8 years

Prosworking at the job and people

ConsI hate working weekend and night

Advice to Senior ManagementI like working with the people

Fantastic

Store Manager (Current Employee)
Charlotte, NC

I have been working at O'Reilly Auto Parts full-time for less than a year

ProsTeam environment, great people, good pay

Consnone great experience, no real down side

Advice to Senior ManagementTeach train and maintain

Worked for O'Reilly Auto Parts? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at O'Reilly Auto Parts reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for O'Reilly Auto Parts CEO Greg Henslee. All 253 reviews posted anonymously by O'Reilly Auto Parts employees.