O'Reilly Auto Parts

Be The First To
Add Photos

O'Reilly Auto Parts CEO and Co-President Greg Henslee

Greg Henslee

Pros
  • Nice co-workers/team members, no age, race, gender discrimination etc(in 15 reviews)

• Good employee discounts and good health insurance(in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Team members who have bad attitudes and are apathetic about their job / lives(in 22 reviews)

• Part time team members can only work a total of 28hrs a week(in 14 reviews)

Great place to work, learn, and grow.

Retail Service Specialist (Current Employee) Phenix City, AL

ProsYou work hard and demonstrate you interest in learning you can go far in this company. Competitive salaries the location you work at.

ConsDue to recent changes in law PT limited to 29 hours a week. Not everyone caries their own weight. Many young employees that still think they are in High School.

Advice to Senior ManagementEnforce company policies. Monitor personnel utilization closely.

great way to learn all your parts.

Parts Specialist (Current Employee) Leander, TX

Prosif you have a interest in the auto world, this is a good place to start.

Consdealing with very angry people.

I love working at O'Reillys my job is on most days great

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Oklahoma City, OK

ProsSome departments are a little harder to succeed in because of the standards they need to live up to .

ConsTurnover has increased a lot in the last year or so . Some moral is getting lower because of extra work being put on them because of this.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrain better safety should be in the very top of training as well as there job duties.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great experience, lots of learning, lots of fun.

Parts Specialist (Former Employee) Provo, UT

ProsLearn a lot about cars, work with people all day. The training they provide on cars and service are very informative-- you learn the basics of a car's inner workings. Working with people all day is very rewarding-- you get to problem solve and fix things, find solutions for customers-- it's not just stocking, selling, and restocking. And many of the fun problems you encounter are people doing custom home-brew jobs, restorations, etc.

ConsThe pay isn't amazing, and opportunities for moving up, or making more, are pretty limited. It's a pretty decent student job, or part-time gig, but if you want to go full-time, be prepared to stick with the job for several years before that even becomes a possibility.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit treating stores like underlings, and instead, more like team members. Remember the key to leadership is followship. Consult with store managers rather than just slashing their hours/payroll percentage-- especially in stores that struggle with walk-ins-- some stores get no walk-ins. Other stores get more than all the other stores combined.

Enjoy this company

ProsGood work environment, chances to move up.

ConsAverage to low pay.

Good Company

Delivery Specialist (Current Employee) Ontario, CA

ProsGreat team environment, nice benefits, great discount

ConsPolitics, Getting the shifts no one wants

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter training for employees

Great company to work for

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe hourly pay isn't the greatest but it you work your spiffs and sell a lot, you can make a decent hourly wage

ConsThe customers..... there a lot of DIY "mechanics" out there and they can be quite rude and sometimes disrespectful......

Advice to Senior ManagementFind a way to force newer employees to sit down and watch the training modules.... Too many just skip through it and do the test..... I did it at first but once i started sitting down and watching them, i learn A LOT!

Only part time delivery specialist

Delivery Specialist (Current Employee) Augusta, GA

ProsGood discount friendly co workers. If you don't know anything about auto parts great place to learn. Great store managers and other employees.

ConsDoesn't hire any full time delivery specialist. No benefits and at the store I work at you get a 24 hour work week. If you are lucky you get called in to cover someone .

Advice to Senior ManagementThe drivers are a big part of the success of the stores hiring full time drivers would boost productivity and moral. Drivers would be more willing to work harder.

Depends on the store management and region manager

Auto Parts Specialist (Current Employee) Chattanooga, TN

ProsLoved the experience earned from the training material.

ConsIncompetent management. Some managers at all levels of the chain can be corrupt, others can be the best bosses you ever had.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees. If they wanna work more hours and try to start a management career, don't cut their hours back until they can't afford to keep working and wind up quitting.

Work hard but the work is not appreciated.

Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsYou can work and meet a diverse group of people working for the company.

ConsHours change constantly due to it being retail. You can never do enough for the company they want more on top or more.

Worked for O'Reilly Auto Parts? Contribute to the Community!