O'Reilly Auto Parts Reviews

Reset
3.2
O'Reilly Auto Parts CEO and Co-President Greg Henslee
Greg Henslee

Pros
  • Made me want to give 110% to help everyone, from management to to team members (in 17 reviews)

• The employee discount doesn't suck (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • There are only benefits for those who are Full Time team members (in 24 reviews)

• Part time team members can only work a total of 28hrs a week (in 21 reviews)

A company with a strong future and alot of opportunity for growth

Current Employee - District Manager
    Current Employee - District Manager

I have been working at O'Reilly Auto Parts

Pros

O'Reilly Auto Parts is a great place to grow your professional and personal career. There is plenty of room for advancement opportunities and a real family attitude from all management. There is not a requirement for a college degree, so anyone with a good work ethic and a good head on their shoulders can go from driving a delivery truck to running their own parts stores in a matter of a year to two years. As far as the upper management is concerned, they have great support in the corporate headquarters willing to help anyone with anything from benefits to looking up parts.

Cons

A little on the lower scale of the pay grade

Advice to Management

Don't be afraid to pay people what their worth

2. A Great Job to Grow With

Current Employee - Auto Parts Specialist in Brighton, MI
    Current Employee - Auto Parts Specialist in Brighton, MI

I have been working at O'Reilly Auto Parts

Pros

Employees are easy to get along with, the management is wonderful, and the schedule is flexible. I work hard at my job, and I am happy where I am at.

Cons

It is a retail job, which means that you must work the weekends as well as nights, but all in all it is a great part-time job.

Advice to Management

I would wish that our hours would not get cut in the winter when it is sloooow, and I would like the Management to be easier on my Store Manager.

3. Do It

Current Employee - Part Time Sales in Belmont, NC
    Current Employee - Part Time Sales in Belmont, NC

I have been working at O'Reilly Auto Parts

Pros

Everything is fantastic. The best retail outlet ever!

Cons

Nothing I can think of. Really is the best.

Advice to Management

Keep it up.

5. RSS

Current Employee - RSS in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - RSS in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at O'Reilly Auto Parts

Pros

Good people ,good parts, great support and consumer intel

Cons

wages. number of hours allotted

Advice to Management

take care of employees..everyone else does

6. My experience has had its up and downs but overall it is a great place to work my manager is the best.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Shawnee, OK
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Shawnee, OK

I have been working at O'Reilly Auto Parts

Pros

Some of the best things about working at O'Reilly Auto Parts is the people you work with and the customers you see or talk to everyday. We sell top of the line parts and have employees that know about cars and car parts and will go the extra mile to help out a customer when able. There are lots of opportunities to learn more and to advance in the company.

Cons

On the downside and I don't know if it is like this in all districts or stores but there is alot of the who you know and who you are friends with to get anywhere.

Advice to Management

I know there is alot for the managers to take care of paperwork, customers, inventory just to name a few things but the one thing they forget about is the employees. We do our jobs and alot of us do more than we are asked or that is expected of us once in awhile it would be nice if you would give a pat on the back to those who deserve it.

7. I love my job and want to learn more.

Current Employee - Maintenance I in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Maintenance I in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at O'Reilly Auto Parts

Pros

I love the hours- I am satisfied with my pay- In general O'Reilly Auto is a great place to work.

Cons

As in pretty much any warehouse to cold in the winter and to hot in the summer,

Advice to Management

Listen to the concerns of your employees, a lot of them are genuine and need to be addressed. Maybe some kind of activity committee could be reinstated. Some people want the music back in the warehouse.

8. It is a pleasure to go to work every day.

Current Employee - Driver Specialist in Mableton, GA
    Current Employee - Driver Specialist in Mableton, GA

I have been working at O'Reilly Auto Parts

Pros

There is a good working atmosphere among employees and management. You can always feel free to talk to management about problems you might have.

Cons

The biggest downside is the weekend work. I have a sick spouse and really need the weekends off but to be fair to the rest of the team members i carry my share.

Advice to Management

I can't offer any feedback to the leadership or management because i am satisfied with the job they do. I am a driver and that is all.

9. A very good place to work.

Current Employee - Driver Specialist in Pascagoula, MS
    Current Employee - Driver Specialist in Pascagoula, MS

I have been working at O'Reilly Auto Parts

Pros

Great Benefits... Great people to work with.

Cons

Partime employees doesn't get sick or personal days off. They get vacation but not the others. Would be nice.

Advice to Management

I would offer part time employees some personal or sick days. Maybe not as many as fulltime.

10. i love my job at oreilly and the people i work with

Current Employee - COUNTER SALES in Shreveport, LA
    Current Employee - COUNTER SALES in Shreveport, LA

I have been working at O'Reilly Auto Parts

Pros

the people, my co workers and supervisors at 1404 are the greatest!!!!!! we are a family, we help each other to help our customers its a one for all store,

Cons

not enough counter help, we need at least two more people!!!

11. I love working at my store, I enjoy the customers, and admire and respect my team members.

Current Employee - Parts Specialist in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Parts Specialist in Nashville, TN

I have been working at O'Reilly Auto Parts

Pros

I have found that even upper management personel members are easy to talk to , and care about what we "underlings" have to say. I believe this is one of the most important things a large company can do. We as team members , who are in the individual stores, recognize and relay the needs of our customers, so the communication channel is always open . I believe this is why O'Reilly Auto Parts Company has grown to the point they have, and will keep growing. We as store personel have the ability, encouragement, and support of our upper management to satisfy our customers, who are the ones who pay our saleries, and theirs, and make it possible for the company to invest in more employees and more stores, helping all involved. I've been on both sides of the O'Reilly counter. For years , as an owner of a shop, I depended on the expertise of the O'Reilly team members . The way they handled my account, and me , helped me to decide where I wanted to work when my partner and I closed our shop. Now , I'm a part of that same support group for installers, that helped make my shop a success. Thank you , O'Reilly Auto Parts for being a part of my winning team, both then and now.

Cons

The only downside that I can see , is the lack of enough employees on the evening shifts. Our store only has two team members there in the evenings. We get overwhelmed frequently and this causes us to not be able to serve all our customers in the manner we would like to.

Advice to Management

I believe that the hiring of more team members per store would help the fatigue, and being overwhelming stress we feel when we are short on personel. As best we can , we answer phones, wait on customers, and stock the stores shelves. Most nights one or more of these suffer, none of them should. Morale of our store staff would be better if we were not so stressed from having to "not" comply with the O'Reilly protocol for dealing with individual customer, because of having to stop taking care of the customer in front of us, and answer the phone. More times than I would like to think about, customers are lost because of this lapse in attention they require, or they believe we have abandoned them. I love working for this team of professionals, however I'm only one person, I try to do all I can to promote our store and products. I would like to see, not so much complaining about overtime pay by the upper management, when hiring of more store personel would solve the problem. Thanks for allowing this forum.

RSS Feed </> Embed