O'Reilly Auto Parts

Be The First To
Add Photos

O'Reilly Auto Parts CEO and Co-President Greg Henslee

Greg Henslee

Pros
  • Nice co-workers/team members, no age, race, gender discrimination etc(in 15 reviews)

• Good employee discounts and good health insurance(in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Team members who have bad attitudes and are apathetic about their job / lives(in 22 reviews)

• Part time team members can only work a total of 28hrs a week(in 14 reviews)

Run away. Fast.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe paycheck. Free "gym" if you're into that kind of thing. And by gym I mean one room with a few treadmills, bikes, and weight machines.

ConsToo many to count. If you want to work for a company that pays so low it's a JOKE and people actually talk about and laugh about it as if it's funny to have great workers and pay them next to nothing, this is the job for you. If you like completing lengthy assignments only to be told to re-do them at a manager's whim, this is the place for you. If you don't want ANY personal, vacation, or sick days for your entire first YEAR of work, this is the place for you. Get sick? Too bad. Have a sick kid that needs to go to the doctor? Expect to get fussed out because you took precious company time off to take care of yourself/your family. If you have any kind of life at all outside of work, this is not the company for you. They tell you they are flexible and make the job sound amazing to get you in the door and then you realize how crappy it really is. Low pay, low morale, walking on eggshells, no proper training, no benefits (the "great" healthcare plan is a joke; you pay insane premiums and co-pays and then still owe tons out of pocket), no time off for having a life, and ridiculous expectations, you want to work for O'Reilly!

Assistant manager

Assistant Manager (Former Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsGet to know the customers and learn a lot about parts

ConsLong hours....
    No help....
    District manager is only in it for himself....
    Very understaffed....
    Don't expect pay raises to be great when they promote you.....
    Pay raises only come yearly and they will do everything in there power to give u the minimum...
    It's a real sales driving company, the more the store they are happy but don't expect anything from it.....
    Moment you put your 2 weeks in, they will find any reason to fire you.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your team members complaints before it get to the point of where you lose good people to your competition... And please let all team members be aware that taking catalogs that we give out to our installer customers, is a way for y'all to fire them... Cause it's considered "company property" which is bull!

Corporate culture and salary structure broken

Finance (Current Employee)

ProsFortune 500 Company, Exposure to large amounts of data

ConsThe pay, even relative to local, comparable jobs, is putrid, barely a livable wage.
    The corporate culture is broken, encourages and rewards drama-focused, selfish employees.
    Excessive salary exploitation, you will work long hours and not be adequately rewarded.
    Attitude of "everyone is replaceable"
    Company does not care if you pursue further education even if it would benefit them in the long term.
    Excessive turnover (65% in two year period) and lack of re-hiring, shoves responsibilities on existing employees.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Horrible company

RSS (Former Employee) Milwaukee, WI

ProsNo PROS. except that once you quit you will feel great

ConsBad pay, horrible hours, stole my vacation time, fired me for no reason.

commercial manager

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosgood knowledge of car parts

ConsUpper management needs serious help. Nobody has experience in the field of management or understand what management is about.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet some training programs that will assist and have better future for the company.

Turn & Run! NEVER work for O'Reilly (I'm a store manager)

Store Manager (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsDecent parts discount for employees

Cons1. 70-80 hrs./week (salary with no overtime)
    2. No breaks (not even a lunch)
    3. Work 6:00am - 10:30pm day after day after day
    4. Do the math.... about $10.25/hr straight time.... salary is $40,000
    5. Cancelled MANY full-time employee's health insurance without warning
    6. Virtually no chance for a raise (outstanding reviews my first 3 years working at O'Reilly and no raise...now on my 2nd employment at O'Reilly's & took a $750k/yr store to $1.2M/yr and still no raise)
    7. Will work you illegally long hours without breaks & fire you if you complain.
    8. VERY understaffed
    9. Main computer system (Legacy) developed in 1980 (no joke!) - still uses green/white bar paper with the little holes on the side & jams about 50% of the time.
    10. Don't maintain their work vehicles (brakes went COMPLETELY out on me today in one of our delivery trucks & I've been warning my District Manager about the problem for a week)
    11. Repeatedly "short change" your paycheck & say "Oops...sorry"
    12. VERY prejudice company

Advice to Senior ManagementStop praying to Satan & pick up a bible (or Tora/Koran/etc.)

O'Reilly wants Dum Dum's!

Parts Specialist (Former Employee) Rosemount, MN

ProsThere isn't a pro about this company! Oh wait there is discount on parts for employees which use to be really good. But changed since then.

ConsO'Reilly is like the WalMart of auto parts. They act like they care about you. They tell their managers we are a family. They have the easiest to run parts lookup program, but somehow their employees never seem to know what they are talking about. The reason being is because O'Reilly wants the cheapest labor they can get.

I was part of the O'Reilly take over of Checker Auto Parts. Not only did they take my assistant manager position away, but they also cut my pay $2 an hour. Then basically told me we have a commission program that will make up for it. Except that it was based off my previous years sales. I was the highest selling person in my store. So they set my number I had to reach extremely high. Well above my normal sales.

If you were a Checker employee, and they cut your pay. You still made to much! So don't expect to get raise's. So they didn't do a hostile take over, they just pushed Checker employees out. Unless you were one of the ones willing to accept O'Reilly as the greatest company ever.

Don't expect much from O'Reilly they don't care about you. Or what you need pay wise to survive. They only care about paying you as little as possible, and making money. If you have any actual automotive knowledge don't even consider it. Don't waste your knowledge here, your worth more somewhere else.

Advice to Senior ManagementThrow in the towel, and give up on the parts business. Customers have already started figuring you out. Get out while it's good! Don't wait until your bankrupt!

Underpaid

ProsIt can be fun at times

ConsVery low pay for the work.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees. When we say we need help, LISTEN

They lack the true meaning of caring for their Store Managers

Store Manager (Former Employee) Farmingdale, ME

ProsLove to work with the public

ConsTake some responsibilities away from the Store Managers so they can be effective in their job.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet more involved in your stores.

No pay raises, no promotions

Parts Specialist (Former Employee) Snellville, GA

ProsGetting employee discounts on auto parts.

ConsStuck at doing part-time, working every weekend

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to give their employees a chance at moving up in the company, more hours, and better pay.

Worked for O'Reilly Auto Parts? Contribute to the Community!