O'Reilly Auto Parts

Updated December 21, 2014
3.2

O'Reilly Auto Parts CEO and Co-President Greg Henslee
Greg Henslee

Pros
  • Alot of Team Members who believe in O'Reilly and want to see themselves and the company succeed (in 17 reviews)

• The employee discount doesn't suck (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • There are only benefits for those who are Full Time team members (in 24 reviews)

• Part time team members can only work a total of 28hrs a week (in 21 reviews)

More Highlights

The people are great

Current Employee - Driver Specialist in Central Point, OR
    Current Employee - Driver Specialist in Central Point, OR

I have been working at O'Reilly Auto Parts part-time (more than an year)

Pros

The people are great. Its a team effort, and everyone lends a hand.

Cons

The money could be better.

good manager

Employee Satisfaction.

Current Employee - Driver Specialist in Gresham, OR
    Current Employee - Driver Specialist in Gresham, OR

I have been working at O'Reilly Auto Parts part-time (less than an year)

Pros

I like the people I work with.

Cons

The job that I have is only part-time.

Stop cutting our hours, then ask us to work what we were originally supposed to in the first place.

Over worked and underpaid.

Current Employee - Second Shift Inbound Stocking in Puyallup, WA
    Current Employee - Second Shift Inbound Stocking in Puyallup, WA

I have been working at O'Reilly Auto Parts full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They have a great benefits package.

Cons

They moved to an online paystub program making it harder to detect issues of correct pay etc. They take away your overtime if you have vacation scheduled the same week it occurred. The warehouse makes you wear their tshirts that they only supply every 18months. You have to walk in and out of the warehouse through a metal detector. They have a very strict attendance policy. Your raises are given based on productivity/accuracy measures that reflect your peers. Corporate controls everything we are just the underdog bottom feeders. 5 billion dollar company that can't afford to hire full time employees or fix broken/out dated equipment. This warehouse tops out at $17.50 and starts you off with a base pay of about $12. Oh and use your vacation time or loose it.

Great Place to Gain Retail Experience

Current Employee - Retail Sales Specialist
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Specialist

I have been working at O'Reilly Auto Parts full-time (more than an year)

Pros

develop customer service skills, gain sales experience, good incentives, plenty of room for opportunity if you are willing to relocate

Cons

Closed 2 days out of the year, terrible pay, customers never really satisfied, promotions really are hard to come by without relocation, "Customer is always right", Work/life balance isn't the greatest

Micromanage less, always compliment on good achievements and make sure employees know they are doing a good job instead of only focusing on the bad

Good job, low pay

Former Employee - Driver Specialist in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Driver Specialist in San Diego, CA

I worked at O'Reilly Auto Parts part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Every store is different but management seems to be OK. so it can be hit or miss when it comes to that

Cons

They really only care about sales (fine) but lack drive to properly train staff. They could do a lot better if they were willing to update their systems and take some actual time to give meaningful training otherwise it will take a long time to get up to speed.

Get better training, online multiple chioce training is a joke (easy to trick) and has almost 0 value outside of checking a box and their is no incentive to do it.

Worked way too much

Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Liberty, MO
    Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Liberty, MO

I have been working at O'Reilly Auto Parts full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Holidays off or got off early, The people i worked with were good people to work with, the system was easy to learn, learned how to do inventory, and get into shipping and recieving.

Cons

Worked most days with out a lunch, over worked while being under paid, was promised a raised and never got one.

Treat their employees with respect and dont leave them with broken promises

Store Manager

Current Employee - Store Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Store Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at O'Reilly Auto Parts full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Fast paced, sales driven, team enviroment, if nutured by managment.

Cons

Underpays quality employees, fails to adapt to changing work force in urban enviroments, part time/full time mix too lean, burns out quality employees by failing to staff adequately.

Reward strong performers, react to underperforming locations quicker.

A Decent Temporary Job

Current Employee - Retail Service Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Retail Service Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at O'Reilly Auto Parts full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Have a flexible schedule, you get amazing discounts on parts and get good pay checks if you sell beyond 10,000 worth of sales.

Cons

Hard to get a raise in the company, the amount you make does not match the work you do, for example going outside in either cold or hot temperatures installing batteries headlights or wiper blades. some of the cars have very difficult spots to get the job done.

Alright place if you love cars and absolutely need a job.

I have been working at O'Reilly Auto Parts

Pros

Some of the people I worked with are super cool like other RSS's and parts specialist. My manager was pretty cool.

Cons

Hours- more than likely if you aren't a manager you will work from 12-closing everyday or pretty much all weekend. My weekend shifts were 7:30 am - 7:30 pm or 10am - 9 pm (close).
    Pay- depending on your location your starting pay will be different but nothing to brag on. I started out at $8 an hour and after a year went up to $8.24. Then after a full time rss promotion I still only received a raise to $8.75. After pretty much hassling my manager did I only get a raise to $9.25.
    Customers- for every one cool customer you will deal with you will also deal with about 4 crappy customers. Most of the people you deal with are people who are upset that their car is messed up and pretty much think you are incompetent because your not a magician who will snap your fingers an fix their cars. Or you get those who want to cry about the fact that the part they need for their new mercedes is over $400. Also some commercial accounts think they are the most important person in the world when they only spend like $200 a month.
    Some co-workers- (maybe just my store) assistant managers think they are greater than the store manger. They feel that they can do whatever they want in the store and bully other co-workers. Pretty much everybody I work with hates this one guy. If we got rid of him it would be better, a lot better.

If you want to keep good employees, you have to pay them more than $9.25 an hour. Also figure out which employees hold the store back and get rid of them.

Company could do more for their employees

I have been working at O'Reilly Auto Parts full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Friendly co-workers and supervisors. Discounted parts

Cons

You don't know when your day will end

O'Reilly Auto Parts Photos