O'Reilly Auto Parts

www.oreillyauto.com
Profile Unclaimed

top performer gets 19 cents in raises over 4 years

I have been working at O'Reilly Auto Parts

Pros

love the environment, love helping customers, the company's core culture is right in line with my personal desires, great employee discount even though it has changed

Cons

too much rope for less then desirable employees/managers to over stay their welcome, less then acceptable respect for hourly staff in this area, motivated employees routinely expected to carry the workload for management, this area routinely advancing untrained/unmotivated employees into positions they should not be in for the sake of keeping the payroll as low as possible, local company values not in line with corporate values

local area up to the regional level needs to be flushed and replaced, pay performing employees a respectable wage, local competition is 3-4 dollars an hour more on average, a decent employee discount doesn't pay the bills......
    force managers to give reviews on time and give reasonable pay increases when due

The pay was good

Former Employee - Material Handler
    Former Employee - Material Handler

I worked at O'Reilly Auto Parts part-time (less than a year)

Pros

They gave me a starting salary of 11.50 per hour with no experience. The break room is nice and the bathroom was always clean. The workers were really nice and the job wasn't as labor intensive as I thought a warehouse job would be.

Cons

My main challenge was that I didn't receive good training and yet was expected to not make too many mistakes. Also, it was hard to feel welcomed when my trainers would frequently have conversations in Spanish right in front of me and they didn't seem too excited about having to train me.

Make sure that your trainers are actually doing their job!

To many promises to get you to work for them then pull the rug out from under you....

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at O'Reilly Auto Parts

Pros

Discount on parts for my Vehicles

Cons

They would rather hire someone with no idea about automotive parts and repair pay them nothing and feed them a line of the more you sell the more commission you make but you have to make a minimum of 8,000.00 to earn an EXTRA 1/4 OF A PERCENT that's approx. and extra $8 in your check a week They claim to believe in family values and flexible hours but HR had said several times we don't care about your personal life you work when we tell you to work..

To Greg Henslee come to Chicago land and talk to your little people infact undercover Boss!!! Look what management does to your working people.. You either know about the cover ups and don't care or you will be amazed when you see what goes on... as a retirey in the automotive field and belonging to several associations I'm ashamed to say that I worked for you how you treated employees that know the business and worshiped the employees that had no clue. Would highly recommend you do drug testing on your management that you refuse to do you wont be happy with your results

Much room for advancement!

Current Employee - Parts Specialist in Costa Mesa, CA
    Current Employee - Parts Specialist in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at O'Reilly Auto Parts

Pros

The company definitely appreciates hard workers and has moved me up quickly. I've been with the company for 5 months and started as a delivery driver. I've already received two raises and am training for a manager position. I love the recognition and appreciate the opportunity to advance.

Cons

The training program we use is mostly computer modules. Although it is very thorough and consistent I still think implementing a hands in training course with designated trainers would greatly improve the consistent manor in which ever employee operates. Full understanding of the procedures for each employee would benefit other coworkers.

Implement an additional "hands-on" training format. Move people into better positions they're more fit for. I wish there was less tolerance for employees not doing things the O'Reilly way.

Delivery Driver

I worked at O'Reilly Auto Parts

Pros

Regular hours and nice coworkers

Cons

Paid less than $9.00 hour, after a year, got an 18¢/hr raise - these are men who have been in executive jobs, retired, and are doing this job - what a joke. They sent drivers out in trucks in blizzard weather with no sand bags to weigh them down, knowingly sent a driver out with a tire problem and he got stuck with a flat tire. When absenteeism was called in due to open heart surgery, they said not to worry - they'd find someone to take his place. Not one word as to how he was doing - and never called to ask later. Only to ask why it was taking so long to get back to work. Horrible company.

Pay a decent salary, treat employees with the respect you think you deserve, and maintain the trucks so that your employees are being sent out in a safe vehicle. After all, you're supposed to be an auto service company. Put your back where your mouth is.

A company with a grim future if it doesn't start to look at it's people as an asset

Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Des Moines, IA
    Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Des Moines, IA

I worked at O'Reilly Auto Parts full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Everyday is different from the last.
    Laid back environment
    Very little hard labor if any

Cons

Low Wages,
    Narrow viewpoints from upper management.

Take a better look at the people you promote to management, and actually find people with the skills to manage your stores.

it has been a great experience working for o'reilly I get to serve and meet many people

Current Employee - Retail Service Specialist in East Bass Lake, OH
    Current Employee - Retail Service Specialist in East Bass Lake, OH

I have been working at O'Reilly Auto Parts full-time (more than a year)

Pros

the best reason for me working at o'reilly is that get to meet some good people, I get to serve them and see a smile on there face.

Cons

what could be good or bad you work 364 days a year.

need to work on scheduling get a good rotating schedule.

Great to be there.

Former Employee - Clerk in No Oaks, MN
    Former Employee - Clerk in No Oaks, MN

I worked at O'Reilly Auto Parts

Pros

Not a lot of room for improvement

Cons

cannot move up the career ladder

more opportunites

Not bad but not good either

I worked at O'Reilly Auto Parts

Pros

Discount and pay if u were successful.

Cons

Hours spent away from family. Not much time to be a manager and have a great family life if ur a manager

Treat us a people not a number.

Good company poor management

Current Employee - Customer Sales in Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Customer Sales in Charleston, SC

I have been working at O'Reilly Auto Parts

Pros

The company has great over all values but the local leadership is a ship wreck

Cons

The company made a 5 billion dollar profit last year but does not want to pay it hourly employees good money.

Better pay