O'Reilly Auto Parts

Be The First To
Add Photos

O'Reilly Auto Parts CEO and Co-President Greg Henslee

Greg Henslee

Pros
  • Nice co-workers/team members, no age, race, gender discrimination etc (in 14 reviews)

• Good employee discounts and good health insurance (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Team members who have bad attitudes and are apathetic about their job / lives (in 22 reviews)

• Part time team members can only work a total of 28hrs a week (in 14 reviews)

More Highlights

Assistant manager

Assistant Manager (Former Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsGet to know the customers and learn a lot about parts

ConsLong hours....
    No help....
    District manager is only in it for himself....
    Very understaffed....
    Don't expect pay raises to be great when they promote you.....
    Pay raises only come yearly and they will do everything in there power to give u the minimum...
    It's a real sales driving company, the more the store they are happy but don't expect anything from it.....
    Moment you put your 2 weeks in, they will find any reason to fire you.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your team members complaints before it get to the point of where you lose good people to your competition... And please let all team members be aware that taking catalogs that we give out to our installer customers, is a way for y'all to fire them... Cause it's considered "company property" which is bull!

Corporate culture and salary structure broken

Finance (Current Employee)

ProsFortune 500 Company, Exposure to large amounts of data

ConsThe pay, even relative to local, comparable jobs, is putrid, barely a livable wage.
    The corporate culture is broken, encourages and rewards drama-focused, selfish employees.
    Excessive salary exploitation, you will work long hours and not be adequately rewarded.
    Attitude of "everyone is replaceable"
    Company does not care if you pursue further education even if it would benefit them in the long term.
    Excessive turnover (65% in two year period) and lack of re-hiring, shoves responsibilities on existing employees.

Great Place to work

Assistant Manager (Current Employee) Savannah, TN

ProsIf you waork hard you can move up in the Company.

ConsIt seem like they take their time getting things done.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees and act quicker when a store needs answers on hiring or other problems.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Horrible company

RSS (Former Employee) Milwaukee, WI

ProsNo PROS. except that once you quit you will feel great

ConsBad pay, horrible hours, stole my vacation time, fired me for no reason.

Can't complain too much

ProsWork is enjoyable, good team, Upward potential

ConsPay could be better, not horrible. Having to answer to team members about low wages

Advice to Senior ManagementDecide if you want to be the fast food of auto parts or pay better

I expected better

ProsFriendly co-workers, and a simple enough jobs.

ConsHours are horrible, and there isn't any room to grow.

Advice to Senior ManagementHelp your employees get better hours

Retail sales Asst. Mgr.

Retail Service Specialist (Former Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsWorking in automotive can be interesting and challenging. Managers are for the most part knowledgable.A good chance for advancement if your willing to work hard for it.Flexible schedules .

ConsYou're on you feet for 8 hrs, This company has changed hands more times than I care to remember. Formly Kragen's Each time it goes down hill.I still have friends that work there W/ no raises in years. Now it's 10 an hr. plus commission. Basically you're lucky you have a job.Usually under staffed .Employees are given lip service.I'm glad I got out.

Advice to Senior ManagementYears ago they treated their employees much better and payed better.Now it's pretty much bottomed.I would only recommend this as a part time job to someone under 25 yrs old.

Fast paced, Trained well, Large workload for little pay.

Parts Specialist (Former Employee)

ProsThe things you learn about Auto parts and Automobiles as a whole is very beneficial. Store does better, your paycheck does better.

ConsLittle pay for the amount of work. Usually the guy "higher up on the ladder" will just tell the grunts who dont get paid enough to do all the work. Everyone is expected to answer the phones but its hard if everyone is helping a customer on a busy store.

Advice to Senior ManagementO'Reilly's claims they rely on teamwork but really its tell the guy lower than you to do the work. If everyone is part of a team then why is the guy getting paid the least doing all the work?

I really enjoyed working at Oreilly's, it was a great experience

Corporate Assistant III (Former Employee) Springfield, MO

ProsGreat people to work with, most everyone there was friendly and easy to work with.
    Made me want to give 110% to help everyone, from management to to team members

ConsWas a fast paced environment and never knew who or what was going to be thrown your direction

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more open to team members and transfer from within

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Payroll Technician

Payroll Technician (Former Employee) Springfield, MO

ProsGreat atmosphere, friendly staff, thorough process. Great recruiting team and in-depth interviews. From receptionist to department managers, everyone was professional but friendly.

ConsNone really - great experience. Would recommend to anyone. They take their time to make sure candidates are a good fit not only for the position but also for the department.

Worked for O'Reilly Auto Parts? Contribute to the Community!