OAKLEAF Waste Management

Add Photos

Steve Preston

Great

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) East Hartford, CT

ProsGreat team of people to work with

ConsThe call board can be quite annoying

IT co-workers and local management are excellent

Software Developer (Current Employee) Windsor, CT

ProsThere are some very smart, hard working people in my department.
    Management seems to understand the necessities of software development.
    Upper management (WM corporate) has a clear vision for the future.
    The IT work environment is professional without being bogged down in unnecessary process or paperwork.
    New software projects use modern technology.
    Scrum.

ConsNew employee training is underdeveloped
    Some knowledge is concentrated in a few overworked employees.
    WM has been very conservative with merit-based raises since they bought Oakleaf.

Advice to Senior ManagementLong term vision is excellent; when management says something they have already done the research and had the discussions, so you can count on it. This is a big asset, keep it up.

Great experience, smart team

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Hartford, CT

ProsGood corporate culture. Good, smart IT division.

ConsChaotic Pace, need more process.

Advice to Senior Managementnone

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Infrastructure was poor. Poor management.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) East Hartford, CT

ProsThere may be growth and a future there if you can ride the tide of lack of communication and teamwork. Work life balance is good.

ConsLack of infrastructure and organization. Hard to know how departments interface. No org chart. No employee development. Sink or swim environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere are too many entrenched folks that lack the basic skills needed to move the company ahead. Lots of CYA in the management ranks. Managers need to take ownership for mistakes. Culture seems to be form over substance.

Never Work or do business with this company. If you do make sure you audit them. They add a lot of false extra pick ups

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) East Hartford, CT

ProsBefore Jim Barns let his greed get to him, it was a fantastic company.

ConsDont ever work here. The management treats the employees like slaves, no raises, they make the bonus program almost impossible unless you are senior management. My department of close to 50 people, not one person recieved a bonus or did well enough on their score cards. If you can even get it its only an extra $100 every few months. They threaten to fire you constantly saying your replaceable, and say no raises becaues everyone should just be thankful to have a job.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey have no clue and are only interested in their quotas, and could care less about moral or the company unless they start losing money. Jim Barnes is a joke, he started an amazing company years ago. Oakleaf was the best job I ever had. Then Jim let his greed get to him and sold part of it off to investors. Since then, worst company you could ever work for.

Expect to stay at entry level, be surprised to go further.

ProsOakleaf is a competetive company with a great service that all of the employees I know believe in. No issues there.

ConsRules and guidelines are changes on a whim. This creates an anxious environment where only the middle to senior management know what is coming next. Advice does not ever seem to be taken seriously from an employee if they work in a cubicle.

Advice to Senior ManagementOne word: Listen. Conducting a round table with lower level employees and managers would do a great service to the company.

confusing, lack of training and communication

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPaid time off went by hours, so we don't need to take a whole day off or 1/2 day. Salary was decent.

ConsTraining was awful. They didn't have a system in place on how to train new employees. Everything seemed like a guessing game. If a co-worker was training one day, another co-worker would train the next but have opposite opinions on how the work needed to get done. Hard to classify all managers in the same catagory. Some managers only cared about the bottom line others cared about the clients and what was best for them.

Worked for OAKLEAF Waste Management? Contribute to the Community!