OC Communications

Craig Freeman

Cable, Phones, and Internet Technician

Current Employee - Communications Technician in Stockton, CA
    Current Employee - Communications Technician in Stockton, CA

I have been working at OC Communications full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Meeting new people and new places

Cons

Going into dirty houses were you cant even walk

not worth the time

Current Employee - Cable Installer in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Cable Installer in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at OC Communications as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

very few only thing i can think of is some of the bosses are cool and the other instalers are great to work with other people on your team are helpful when they can be

Cons

working for 70-80 hour's for next to no money if your lucky you make 800 a week but your checks are about 1500 or less every two weeks

pay your techs right and your turnaround would not be so high

Field Technician

Current Employee - Field Technician in Fairfield, CA
    Current Employee - Field Technician in Fairfield, CA

I have been working at OC Communications full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I enjoy what I do there. My Supervisor is very nice to me and all my colleagues and also we work well as a team.

Cons

OC Communications has exposed me to another level of technology where we use cables to connect our client services. The Technology is number one.

I am proud of OC Communications

14 hrs/day 6 days/week for almost nothing

Current Employee - Communications Technician in Petaluma, CA
    Current Employee - Communications Technician in Petaluma, CA

I have been working at OC Communications full-time (more than an year)

Pros

If you are homeless otherwise and have no other options then this is the job for you. Desperate for anything at all? Apply today. Like an abusive, childish, management team that bullies you and threatens your job every day? Apply today. Feel like your time it's worth pennies on the dollar? Apply today. Body warm? Apply today.

Cons

I am lied to constantly about pay. I'm bullied daily about numbers I don't care about. I'm treated like I'm less than human. We get paid so little for the things we do. The company has standardized how long things should take and decide to pay us literally pennies on the dollar the company charges customers $100 for something they only pay us $1. How I'm supposed to feed my kids? It's usually 14-16 hr days. None of us have the energy or time to keep up our houses or run errands or see family. When we call in sick we get bullied and harassed, asked personal questions, and threatened. Imagine mopping up human waste all day and and getting paid with a ham and cheese sandwich with no condiments. That's how I feel at the end of the day. They don't make it clear how we've been paid. They choose to not pay us for things and not tell us.

If you pay your work force well, you get quality work in a timely manner from happy employees. The management, ESPECIALLY at the Petaluma CA shop needs to be aware of their abhorrent practices. The company doesn't care about its employees at all. And makes us feel like our time is worth nothing. This was my dream job till I got it. Now it's my nightmare. That's not how to run a company. Bullying is not okay. Low pay and high hours is not okay. Six day work weeks are not okay.

ok work depending on what you're looking for

I have been working at OC Communications

Pros

You get to learn a lot about cable installation, especially technical phone installations. Lots of bro camraderie among employees.

Cons

Low pay for hard work. It is kind of hard to track the way they pay you to make sure they're paying you properly for all your piecerate work and drivetime.

Asbestos is a big, downplayed concern. Lots of buildings have asbestos and you don't know very well if you're working around asbestos. They say that you should look for signage of asbestos or ask the maintenance guy but often you won't see the signage in such a huge building or the maintenance guy won't be available.

Too many hours, too little pay

Former Employee - Cable Installer in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Cable Installer in Houston, TX

I worked at OC Communications full-time (less than an year)

Pros

You are not micro-managed.
    Honestly can't think of any other pros for this company.

Cons

One day a week off and that is Wednesdays.
    Easily work 12-15 hours a day for low pay.
    Poor training.
    I left after only 2 months of working here.

Horrible. Worst company I have ever been apart of!!!

Former Employee - Field Service Technician in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Field Service Technician in Houston, TX

I worked at OC Communications full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I cant think of one good reason!!

Cons

Management sucks, its cut-throat, ever man for himself. No help from management. They lie and mistreat their employees. Very unorganized. Facilities are terrible, and they try to cheat you out of your money!! Gas money!!

Get a clue!! Treat others as you want to be treated. Those little power trips and ego bursts that you guys have is ridiculous. Im glad I don't work there anymore.

Working for O.C.Communications is NOT worth your time

Former Employee - Cable Installer in Petaluma, CA
    Former Employee - Cable Installer in Petaluma, CA

I worked at OC Communications full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I was paid every two weeks.

Cons

They didn't tell me I would pay for fuel and be repaid later. Long hours of 14 to 16 hour days or more six days a weeks. Driving long distance. Having to supply my own equipment or work with outdated equipment like heavy ladders. Workers went from an hourly wage ($10 up to $12) to $8. an hour.

Need to be forthright and professional. Shouldn't curse or disrespect workers. Shouldn't run company as if workers are expendable or are trapped wage slaves.

Low pay for HARD work!!

Current Employee - Communications Technician
    Current Employee - Communications Technician

I have been working at OC Communications full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Its a job.... Thats all.

Cons

Too much hard work for low pay and always rushing you! And if you take too long because you were stuck you get in trouble for supplemental pay. All homes are different!! Just let the techs do job and dont rush techs because it may cause an accident. Never have positive meetings. Always negative. No raise or growth. Very high turn around rate. Not a reliable job for long term. Will burn you out! No weekends off. GO!! GO!! GO!! Hurry!! Why taking so long??

Be a tech for a week or so... Youll see.

It's not good or bad

Former Employee - Communications Technician in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Communications Technician in Houston, TX

I worked at OC Communications full-time

Pros

Get mobile, truck from company to use but return when resign.

Cons

Buy expensive equipment yourself!! You will need to pay for drilling machine, tools, etc At least you use your own money for $300+ Work long hours. Training no OT, no tip even you get but the trainer took it. Rush and Rush. Only $10 per hr.

Pay equipment fee to employee. Even scan criminal background, please pay only $6 for employee, not ask employee to pay! Pay hr to employee at least $12 per hr!!! compare to other company, OCC pay less!! More than that, one day should less order, not too much and too many hrs.