OGE Energy Reviews

Sean Trauschke

IT Analyst Intern

Former Employee - IT Analyst Intern in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - IT Analyst Intern in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at OGE Energy (More than a year)

Pros

Great work environment. Good work life balance. Encouraging directors and CEO. Innovation is at practice in all work places.

Cons

Nothing to mention as such.

Advice to Management

Try to engage young people at senior management level so that they will be great pillars for the future.

2. Odd Place

I have been working at OGE Energy full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good safety training, old-school culture for the work force (values, ethics, doing business right)

Cons

Few advancement opportunities. Officers (CEO, CFO, COO) are from outside the business and have begun to cash out the future of OG&E to pay for quarterly bonuses. We will see if OG&E survives the cost-cutting. Probably so as a company, but already at the cost of employees and employee benefits. A 'do things to employees rather than with employees' approach.

3. Transition

I have been working at OGE Energy full-time

Pros

Strong company with 100+ years serving the community by providing a resource vital to the communities and customers we serve.

Cons

Many potential issues loom on the horizon as the industry could be impacted by disruptive technology from outside the industry.

Advice to Management

The company has weathered many storms the past 100 years. Focus on executing core business functions while preparing for the uncertainty the future holds.

Corruption at its finest.

Former Employee - Oklahoma in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Oklahoma in Oklahoma City, OK

Pros

Pay , Education reimbursement that is really about it. Everything else is negative.

Cons

Upper management has zero regard for the lower ranks, zero effort in diversity, continually reducing staff and outsourcing with staffing up the upper ranks using the good ole boy system instead of bringing on valid senior people that can actually have a fresh outlook on things. I felt I had no choice to leave due to parts of the company ran by the good ole boy white heterosexual people who would never in a millioin years give a minority or any kind a chance. this company is racist and ran by people that only value a dollar.

Advice to Management

Learn to respect your employee's again.

Front End Web Developer / SharePoint Systems Analyst

Current Employee - IT Systems Analyst in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - IT Systems Analyst in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at OGE Energy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Conservative Fun Family Atmosphere Flexible Great Culture and Values

Cons

Heavily Regulated Too Conservative at times

7. A Nice Place To Work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at OGE Energy full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

OGE has very friendly people working there. Most people have been there 10+ years because they like it so much. While the pay and benefits may not compete with the largest employers in OKC, they do have a nice pay structure and benefits. While I was working at OGE, I had little to no overtime for the years I was there.

Cons

It can be a bit slower paced company. Also, the company has been around for 100+ years, and processes are pretty engrained. There can be an initial resistance to technological change by the older workers. Also, because of the longevity of employment at OGE, it can be hard to find promotion opportunities. Oftentimes, you are waiting for someone to retire.

Advice to Management

Overall, I was very pleased with management. I would have like to have had more training opportunities, but on the whole, management did their jobs well.

8. A great place to work

I have been working at OGE Energy full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Still has the work and family values of a traditional utility.

Cons

New non-utility members find the environment a struggle due to lack of technology adoption by the company. That is changing, but at a slow rate. Data centric decision making using technology is not the lead for company members. Gut feel and traditional experience rings through as the primary decision making criteria.

9. Better places

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at OGE Energy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people who do the work are top notch, they know what they are doing and they do it. Everyone carries their own weight.

Cons

No opportunities to advance, positions dont open up often but when they do, they are pre-filled.

Advice to Management

take a look at your managers, they do not clearly communicate expectations.

10. Wonderful people, enormous amount of red tape

I have been working at OGE Energy full-time

Pros

OGE pays well and offers great benefits. People are really nice. In general, managers are interested in improving their employees' careers. Each location and department is different, but employees are generally satisfied. Values and desired beliefs are serious business at OGE. They believe in doing the right thing.

Cons

Unfortunately, seniority sometimes counts more than talent or hard work. It is really, really hard to push through the red tape and inertia to get things done.

Advice to Management

Management knows the score. Fundamentals are fine at OGE. Customers are happy and profits are good. It's the future that's at risk because the company can't move fast enough. They are working on it and they don't need my advice.

11. Switch & Bait

Current Employee - Accountant in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Accountant in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at OGE Energy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It seemed like a laid back atmosphere.

Cons

They interviewed me for one position, then offered me a different position that I wasn't interested in.

RSS Feed </> Embed