OLG

Add Photos

OLG Acting President & CEO Tom Marinelli

Tom Marinelli

Solution Developer Analyst

Solution Developer Analyst (Current Employee)
    Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsWork environment; development process, overall management.are excellent.

ConsHighly regulated development and maintenance procedures. Ongoing privatization with not clear end results.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Dont wor kherer

ProsFriendly people to work with

ConsNot alot of growth within company

Better than I have expected

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros- Excellent compensation
    - Great co-workers with similar interests
    - Fast support regarding any problems
    - Again, the compensation was over-average for the amount of labour involved

Cons- Challenging hours, interfered with my personal life a little bit more than I initially thought
    - Unable to advance far within the company

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

This Place will make you complacent and you will be labelled lazy once you leave

Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee)
    Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsGreat work life balance, salary little lower then market but benefits are good, very good co workers, very predictable job description.

ConsYour creativity will be crushed and you are only expect to do according to the commands of your manager, I had a great manager, but I have seen people suffering due to their managers, very very political, if you are in the inner circle, you will be rewarded and positions will be created for you, if you are not, then always prepare to leave (at your own will or at your manager's decision), I have seen people fired on petty issues and on drop of a hat, also they spend money like there is no tomorrow and projects are never finished even if you multiply the time line by three.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid off free loaders who are there to increase their pension and look after themselves and their own, allow some fresh blood and get rid of internal politics.

Awesome

ProsGood money, great money, awesome money

ConsTerrible Hours, could be better.

Server

Server (Former Employee)
    Sarnia, ON (Canada)

ProsLoved working for OLG. Great Salary for servers, great summer program for students, amazing management. Everyone is treated like an equal. OLG has an amazing training program(Fun and Effective!). The interview process was easy and was a simple two person panel interview. HR were very nice as well. They make sure customer service is number one in the restaurant and take health and safety seriously(unlike some companies I have worked for). This was the Best summer job I ever had.

ConsThe main con about working at OLG is the late night Shifts. It is very hard to get used to working til 2am/3am/4am. Also getting time off is very hard...but that was not a main issue for me because I was only there for the summer(so this could be an issue for work-life balance). If you have never worked at a casino before, getting your alcohol and gaming licence can be a bit of a hassle.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work! Great HR !! Hire more summer students.

Government agency in the Casino business

Department Manager (Former Employee)

ProsGreat benefits and pensions with typically good working conditions. Pay was very reasonable given that this is basically part of the government. Was a good environment to learn and develop. For some a very steady,if not exciting, regular job.

ConsCyclical budget mentality tied to the governments demands with at times a severe lack of decision making or product knowledge at senior levels. Not a place to work if you value getting things done.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone really, as this is a government agency by a different name and that brings a certain mentality and work ethic.

Great place for people who want to coast through life

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsRelaxed atmosphere where management is so busy trying to move up that they don't manage or coach their own team.

ConsNo training or opportunity to advance. Hiring practices are to bring in talent from the outside and leave employees where they are.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake off the blindfold.

In a nutshell...the OLG is pathetic

Department Manager (Former Employee)
    Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsGood money, great benefits and generous vacation time. The people I worked with were generally quite good.

ConsPolitics, politics and more politics. Also, if you play the right game you will get promoted and attain made up positions. The executive level management and some senior management (general managers) really ruined things.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake an outside look at your company and how sad it looks from a gaming perspective.

With this company you are just a number

Sales Specialist (Former Employee)

ProsHome office, on the road,

ConsThey really don't care about you as a person. Have lots of employee surveys - but never implement changes requested.

Worked for OLG? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at OLG reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for OLG CEO Tom Marinelli. All 26 reviews posted anonymously by OLG employees.