OMD

OMD CEO Mainardo de Nardis

Mainardo de Nardis

4 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Long Hours, Low Salary, Entitled Employees

Assistant Strategist (Former Employee)

I worked at OMD full-time for more than a year

Pros- There are some great people working there
- Some excellent teachers/Directors
- HR is great, very willing to help you in any situation
- Vendors who work with OMD are very nice
- Excellent parties/staff appreciation
- CEO is very down to earth and friendly
- Lunches, free tickets etc.

Cons- Low pay, average to mediocre benefits
- Expected to stay late even if you have finished your assigned work (and more)
- Not challenging for those with experience beyond education
- Experience at OMD is entirely dependent on which team/account you are placed on
- Ego, favoritism, catty behavior
- Lack of opportunity to move up
- Very high turnover rate

Advice to Senior Management- Recognize/reward new hires with potential instead of keeping employees who are not pulling their weight in the company

Working for OMD - Great but LONG hours and can be STRESSFUL!

Search Specialist (Former Employee)

I worked at OMD full-time for more than a year

ProsThe amount of experience you can learn is WELL worth the low pay and horrible hours! Also, the Vendors who come into OMD Toronto are amazing!

ConsDirectors expected assistants to stay after hours every day - no matter what! Just to "make" it look like we were busy!

OMD is good a good place to start your career and learn. Senior people steer away.

Director (Current Employee)

I have been working at OMD

ProsOMD is a good place to work for people who are starting their careers in advertising and want to learn rapidly as long as you are willing to put the hours. There's room for growth for the hard workers and strategic thinkers.

ConsTerrible top level senior management. Managing partners are autocratic, don't have people skills and aren't interested in communicating and developing their teams. Hence, the turnover is insane and is difficult to replace employees.

There's no clear definition of roles and responsibilities and hierarchy is not respected.

Lack of training. If you are lucky and want to pay training out of your pocket, you may get the time off to attend training; otherwise, employees rely on vendors' invitations to attend seminars and conferences.

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop your teams. Constantly firing and hiring is not management. Develop knowledge, skills and trust among your team members.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Why change it if it isn't broken?

Media Buyer (Current Employee)

I have been working at OMD

ProsOMD is a great place to work and provides a lot of opportunities for growth and advancement. They are always willing to help you move to another client or even to another position if you are not happy rather than see you leave. Everyone is very social but still maitains their professionalism. OMD's reputation is superb and clients recognize our efforts. The benefits packages are very generous as are the salaries (when comparing to other agencies in the city).

ConsThere can be long hours but cab chits are always at our disposal so we don't need to worry about getting home safely and dinners can be expensed.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen changes are happening to keep us more in the loop.

Worked for OMD? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at OMD reviews and ratings in Canada — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for OMD CEO Mainardo de Nardis. All reviews posted anonymously by OMD employees.