OMNOVA Solutions

Kevin M. McMullen

Another let down

Prostravel, plant staff, Customer Service

ConsManagement, New Management, Lack of Management

Oppressive work environment with every level of management turning a blind eye.

Network Engineer (Former Employee)
    Fairlawn, OH

ProsThere are some really great people that work at OMNOVA, especially at the plant level. I always had a great experience at any of the plants I visited.

ConsOld school fat cat mentality in corporate management. If you were promoted to manager or director, they would waste untold amounts of money moving walls, and infrastructure to ensure your office was larger than someone who had a lesser title. If you work in IT there is no work/life balance. You are expected to be available at a beckoning call. IT management all the way up the chain is very petty and self preserving, to the detriment of their direct reports.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo right by your direct reports and stop breeding a culture of sadism.

poorly run company with to much gread at the top with know respect for the workers that make there salarys

Multi-craft Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee)
    Columbus, MS

Prosa pay check and some benifits there are some good people to work with and it was a great company to work for when i started in 1988 .

Consthe working conditions are very hot in the summer months i have seen it a hunderd and eight degrees in the building . its a plant that uses lot of chemicals so it bad on your health !!!

Advice to Senior Managementstop thinking about yourselfs and start thinking about the people who made you millions of dollars and gave up there lives and familys to fatten your wallet so your family could live on easy street !!!

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Need some fixes, Middle management forcing out all the good people and workers. Not many left

ProsSome very good people at the lower levels, too bad they are being forced out

ConsChange for no reason but change

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the people not your managers

Should Have Been a Great Place for a Career

Columbus, MS

ProsThere were some very good people who had worked their for many years.

ConsThe Columbus Mississippi plant was in the past one of the most profitable plants that Omnova had. But rather that applying sound business decisions, it chose to close the plant that could have handled all the business of 4 others and keep the others limping along until they can get around to closing them as well. Bottom line was that the company want to get rid of the Columbus plant and done so for just that sake. It had nothing to do with business decisions at all. As we were told, "We did not understand big business". They were right, we do not understand big businees when it is doing stupid things.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou cannot shrink your self to profitablility. You have to learn to manage the business not butcher it.

OMNOVA Solutions Review

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsOMNOVA Solutions would bring in some good employees who were competent to work with. Their employee training program is average. Management watch dollars like a hawk.

ConsThe company has a "Big Brother" mentality. They believe that whatever any V.P or managing director says must be the gospel. There is no challenging of edicts coming from top management down. To do so means unemployment for the one who does.

Company is in a state of flux all the time with staffing levels. They sometimes hire when they simply need to use who they have, then are forced to do draconian cuts.

Advice to Senior ManagementToo many chiefs and not enough workers, especially in the IT and maufacturing sectors. Bring in new blood. Reliance on old employees will stalemate company. Share more bonuses with employees.

Overall ok but not great

Fairlawn, OH

ProsNice location and pay level ok

ConsStreesful, gap between senior management and staff

Advice to Senior ManagementShould have more interaction with working staff

It is great atmosphere here in omnova solutuons.

Graduate Engineer Trainee (Current Employee)
    Ankleshwar (India)

ProsIn OMNOVA solutions friendly employees and career development is beeter.

Consthere is no downsides in omniva solutions

Advice to Senior Managementkeep it up....

Customer Service Rep. in Columbus, MS

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
    Columbus, MS

ProsOmnova is no longer in Columbus, MS. It was a great place to work for the area.

ConsIt was a shame that the Columbus, MS plant was forced to close.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour customer service reps are the key to your business. They do far more than your outside sales reps/business development. You should show more value in your CSR's. They really do hold the key to repeat business. I was able to salvage a huge account-Peavey-just because I was upfront with them about product availability on custom material.

Omnova Solution was a great company to work for.

Color Matcher/Screen Printer/Supervisor (Former Employee)
    Columbus, MS

ProsGreat environment, great benefits, and also great pay.

ConsA downside is that the company close our plant.

Advice to Senior ManagementOmnova was great to work for.

Worked for OMNOVA Solutions? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at OMNOVA Solutions reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for OMNOVA Solutions CEO Kevin M. McMullen. All 11 reviews posted anonymously by OMNOVA Solutions employees.