ON Semiconductor

www.onsemi.com

ON Semiconductor Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014
ON Semiconductor – “On Semiconductor”

ON Semiconductor President, CEO, and Director Keith D. Jackson

Keith D. Jackson

Pros
  • Depending on role work/life balance is pretty good (few people put in more work than they have to)(in 8 reviews)

• Some very good people work at ON Semi(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • politics, intimidation, humiliation as motivation, old boy network(in 4 reviews)

• very low opportunity for career advancement (your current position is likely yours for 10 years)(in 3 reviews)

Good Company, Great People

Product Quality Engineer (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsGood Company, Great People, Pay is great for interns

ConsVery limited benefits for interns

Good to start

Intern (Current Employee) American Fork, UT

ProsConsiderable people around the workplace.

ConsHeavy workload. I think it is true for many other places.

Advice to Senior ManagementNothing to mention

Psychotic, top down, militaristic managers

Engineer (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsThey pay well. ON has grown through acquisition of stand alone technology companies and has a broad product portfolio, older technology, but broad.

ConsTraining regarding ON semi's systems is virtually non existent. The organizational structure is the same as the CEO's alma mater, National Semiconductor. BU's compete for factory capacity. National Semiconductor was bought by Texas Instruments.

Only consider wokring for ON if you have no other options.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire managers who have good people skills. Promoting engineers via the 'good 'ol by' system leads to tyrannical, dictatorial managers who only care about their P&L and view subordinates as an impact to it.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

FIP Intern

Design Engineer (Current Employee) Pocatello, ID

ProsGood place to work, very professional work environment, constant training sessions to keep one updated.

Consi did'nt find any yet

Victim of retaliation

ProsThe company has excellent code of conduct. Being a technology company, the processes and way of work is fast and efficient. There is so much learning in this company.

ConsImportant aspect of the code of conduct is not lived up with as how it was being professed. "Old boys club" ruled the senior management circle. Retaliation is prevalent especially if you did not sing in chorus with favored supplier of the senior manager. Very few or no internal opportunities. Your position today will be yours until maybe next 10 years.

Advice to Senior ManagementRetire your senior managers and infuse fresh blood until its not too late.

Algorithm Developer

Algorithm Developer (Former Employee) Waterloo, ON (Canada)

ProsFriendly team working on interesting, challenging projects

ConsVery desk oriented, but what engineering job isn't?

Advice to Senior Managementkeep up the good work.

OK to work

Senior Design Engineer (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsLarge company, ok business, Large company, ok business,

Consthis company is kind of cheap on spending. bad health insurance

Good place to work

Applications Engineer (Former Employee) Seremban (Malaysia)

ProsGood compensation package. People are friendly to work with

ConsA bit lay back in term of working culture.

If you want to work with narrow-minded managers in an old boys club culture, this place is for you.

Engineering (Former Employee) Gresham, OR

ProsNothing really positive to mention.

ConsCulture does not promote new ideas, innovation, or cross functional teamwork. Abusive management behavior went unchecked even when brought to the attention of HR department.
    They still use pagers and employees are responsible for emptying their own trash as "cost savings" methods.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement approach needs a complete overhaul from the top down. The dead wood is in middle-management. Clean house here and bring in some new blood to reset priorities and create a positive culture.

Mutlinational company...

Prosworking hours are flexibel, we get a company car without fuel car which is good for the envirenement, etc.

ConsInternal spec are very hard to understand, huge paper work needed for any simple action, priority is given to quarterly revenue rather than to quality, etc... A bit demotivationg sometimes..

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease give us the room to make a qualitative work...

Worked for ON Semiconductor? Contribute to the Community!