ON24, Inc. Reviews

Reset
3.6
ON24, Inc. CEO Sharat Sharan
Sharat Sharan

Pros
  • It was really organized and the people I worked with were great (in 5 reviews)

• A handful of good people work there but this will not be for long as they are all looking to leave (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • No work-life balance, high staff turnover (in 5 reviews)

• Lack of training and communication across the board (in 3 reviews)

1. One of the best companies to work for!

I have been working at ON24, Inc. full-time

Pros

Ethical working environment. Great teams and managers to work with and learn from. Almost everybody is outspoken.

Cons

Almost everybody is outspoken.

Senior Account Executive

I have been working at ON24, Inc. full-time

Pros

*Great product *Healthy work/life balance culture *Love the fact that I can turn to my peers and senior management for suppor as well as team collaboration * Lots of training available * Monthly and quarterly bonus perks including President’s Club * Love that ON24 invests so heavily in developing our products with new product releases every 8 weeks makes “selling” our solutions so much easier.

Cons

* Some of the directors in charge are more paper pushers than "leaders" so there should definitely be more training in this area with clearer expectations. * ON24 should match 401K * At times, more pressure for those who are successful to help make up for other teams' numbers.

3. Sales

Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at ON24, Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Been with the company a little over 30 days. Great experience so far. First time I've had an HR person that was so helpful and attentive. Managers and co-workers seem to be helpful and supportive. Looking forward to seeing more of the culture and how departments collaborate. There is money to be made here.

Cons

Culture seems to be a bit off for a tech company. The 401k has no match which is also a little off for a tech company especially in this market. CEO seems like a mystical figure, would be nice to meet him. Wasn't impressed with the All hands meeting. Perhaps I am just spoiled, coming from a "true" tech company things are different. Will wait and see. There is potential,

Advice to Management

CEO to be more visible to the organization. Give a 401k match for goodness sake, create a "Fun" environment.

Sales

Current Employee - Sales Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at ON24, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Excellent culture, professional yet laid back not a party every Tuesday Thursday if that is what you want great! - Excellent pay well above average in terms of base salary with reasonable and motivating compensation package and now that some management changes have been reorged and new manager brought in. -Outstanding Training program it is a week long of intense yet great introduction to the technology which is what you need, and the entire upper management is always available to talk to and very reasonable in terms of what is possible and not - Sales dept is glorified at ON24, everything revolves around sales, so being in the department is very nice as we get a lot of recognition. -Tremendous growth of product and so as a result ton of untouched opportunity -Very talented mentors and sales professionals to learn from -Leading technology and platform for webinars so proud to represent a great product! -Health Insurance is great

Cons

-Technology ie: laptops are outdated and could be much nicer for employees -Could offer some perks such as catered lunch, they have sodas and coffee but no food. -Match/ help/ contribute at all to your 401k -overall would just like a bit more company perks but cant have it all -

Advice to Management

-invest in y our employees (401k) -get newer laptops for employees - keep doing what your doing with on-boarding and inspiring motivation from within!! -Keep the structure the same now as it is because its great!!

6. webcast manager

I worked at ON24, Inc.

Pros

Sometimes lunch is catered for the staff. They have a break room with unlimited soda and coffee. There is a parking lot that does not require paid parking.

Cons

Extreme work load that may easily lead to putting in well over 60 hours a week on a constant basis. Management is overwhelmed and cannot keep up with the demands as well.

Advice to Management

Engage with staff on a daily basis; not just sales or other managers. Show staff that you do care and ask what can be done to improve work environment for the better . Listen and be proactive.

7. Plenty of potential

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at ON24, Inc. full-time

Pros

-Great product -Great pay -Great coworkers -Nice office location

Cons

-Focus on retention -Add more benefits like 401k matching program, stock options, catered meals, company outings, etc.

Advice to Management

-Continue to improve the benefits package for employees

Please don't believe the positive reviews...

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in New York, NY

I worked at ON24, Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some of the people are nice, but don't bother getting to know them because they will probably be gone in a week. Salary is decent and medical benefits were also decent.

Cons

turnover of employees is through the roof! I have been working for 15 years and I have never seen a company have more turnover. DO NOT believe ANYTHING that is told to you by HR or management. Everybody tells you something different -- it seems like they make things up as they go along. I do not think that the positive reviews on here are real. I know for 100% that HR used to plant positive reviews because there were so many negative reviews -- I am sure that they are still up to their same tricks. Do not work for this company -- if you have any other option...pick the other option.

Advice to Management

Stop lying to everybody. Look what is going on in your company. Make sure HR is on the up and up. Do everything legally and legitimately. Take more interest in your company and employees. Make the company culture and office atmosphere an enjoyable place to be. Be fair and respectful. Don't sell the job to people and make it something that it is not. be HONEST!

Senior Account Executive

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at ON24, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Absolutely amazing co-workers (while they are there) Competitive Compensation Excellent sales support staff (sales engineering)

Cons

Pretty convinced that most positive reviews on regarding ON24 were submitted by ON24. Sales rep turnover is through the roof. Out of 100 sales reps there are 10 that have been there longer than 3 years. Extremely under-qualified sales management consists of former sales reps, the same goes for director level.. cultural environment is akin to working your way into a fraternity... like a racist southern university fraternity when you Indonesian.. Absolutely no work/life balance. Your job will consist of making reports on top of reports for the sake of making reports. micromanagement is an understatement.

Advice to Management

Any advice to management would land on numb ears.

Awesome company that is focused on the product, on the company, and on keeping its employees happy!

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Alexandria, VA
    Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at ON24, Inc. full-time

Pros

ON24 is an awesome company that has a great product and a workforce full of capable employees. If you're looking to take on more responsibility you can always find more things to do and grow both personally and professionally.

Cons

The only con is this--if you are good at your job then you'll find yourself getting a TON of work. If you're hungry and looking to advance it's a good thing, but it's up to you to know your limit and speak up when you are overwhelmed.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on what has made ON24 successful thus far--a great product and a customer centric workforce

Hmmm...the enthusiasm of the other reviews seem suspect

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at ON24, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some of the people are great. Product is admirable.

Cons

I worked on the business side for about a year. Against my better instinct, I took the job because I thought highly of the products which I used in a previous life. The fact that there was so much turn around just in my first month of working there should've been a huge red flag. I am suspicious of the volume of "favorable" posts recently-I think it's only fair that potential employees get the big picture. It is NOT a fun culture. The office feels like a graveyard. People come and go and the ones who stay are there for 15+ years because of some warped perception of loyalty. I will say that work/life balance is great there. But it isn't worth it given the cons.

Advice to Management

Make it a more exciting and fun culture. Offer more competitive packages because you can't compete with the high volume of tech companies the rate that you're going. Loosen up and have fun.

RSS Feed </> Embed