ON24, Inc.

Updated November 11, 2014
3.1

ON24, Inc. CEO Sharat Sharan
Sharat Sharan

Pros
  • It was really organized and the people I worked with were great (in 5 reviews)

• A handful of good people work there but this will not be for long as they are all looking to leave (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • The work-life balance part of ON24 was good at some points, a little hectic at others (in 5 reviews)

• Hard work is rewarded with more work (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Things are looking up for ON24

Current Employee - Client Services in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Client Services in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at ON24, Inc. full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You get to work with a lot of really talented, professional, hardworking people.
    The product is top notch and continues to evolve thanks to the vision and dedication of the engineering team.
    I can’t speak for everyone but my managers are really supportive.
    There has been a lot of focus and improvement over the past couple years in systems and process.

Cons

Need more support and appreciation from the executive level, not much flexibility or support for taking time off, lack of 401K match.

Some of the negative reviews here by current/former employees seem suspect. You have a lot of loyal hardworking employees who are happy to be here. That said there is always room for improvement. My suggestions: celebrate employees who are doing amazing work, encourage people to take time off, don’t micro-manage, encourage open and direct communication and discourage excessive emailing, remove red-tape. This is a great company with a bright future – that’s why we’re here.

They work you very hard but there's little reward

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at ON24, Inc. full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There's not a whole lot to say in terms of pros:

Central location; close to Yerba Buena park, SF Moma, restaurants, stores, Moscone center.
    Fast paced environment.
    Lots of work & projects with cross functional teams.
    My unit was willing to try new ideas.
    Supportive supervisor and team members (but not all).

Cons

I worked there for 1.5 years. I burned out. There was way too much to do, and not enough hours in the day. Absolutely no work-life balance. You get pressure from the top down. My supervisor was supportive but stressed out from the pressure and demands, so this was then passed onto me.

The turnover is incredible. I've never seen so much turnover at any other companies. Seemed to be focused in the sales dept mainly. People would start one week, and be gone the next week. If you can't produce/close deals, then you're outta there. And things were always changing; interal teams, roles, so hard to keep up with the changes.

Very critical place too. People judge you very critically, especially if you make mistakes. This then stays with you, especially if you want to move up the ladder.

Stressed out environment.
    Extremely sales focused.
    No fun; all business.
    High turnover.
    CEO Sharan only cares about $$$$
    Loong hours. Little recognition.
    Some team members not supportive/helpful; like to keep knowledge to themselves.

The comapny goal I believe is to go public, but not sure that's going to happen with the current management. Something drastic would have to change. Perhaps get bought by another company.

Bleed working and no sleep

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at ON24, Inc. full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Autonomy and you own your projects start to finish

Cons

There is no work life balance

Listen to your employees

Cutting edge technology - pay less?

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at ON24, Inc. part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great poduct solution and working environment.

Cons

Low pay in relation to other technology companies.

Horrible - Why did I come here?

Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at ON24, Inc. full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Product is really good. Good SF location - close to Bart. I like my co-workers.

Cons

- Management is out of their league and tired, just looking to cash in
    - Culture is brutal
    - Impossible to make good money
    - Turn-over is off the charts
    - Disinterested BOD
    - Most of the best people from sales are already gone

Quit and let a seasoned exec take your job so company can succeed. I am leaving shortly.

NOT A Good Place for Smart, Hardworking and Talented People

Former Employee - Client Services in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Client Services in San Francisco, CA

I worked at ON24, Inc. part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company has a very good platform for webcasting.

Cons

Unfortunately, the above is the ONLY sentence I can say good about this company. As with many other reviewers who do not hold this company in high esteem, this company is a "sweatshop". Employees are expected to give their all - most people work outside of their scheduled work hours just to keep up with their work loads. Work/life balance? No such thing.

They are extremely understaffed and when management has been approached about this ongoing issue, they responded with employees have lack of organization. Oh really? Several departments suffer from lack of organization all at the same time?! They do not give any direction and any manuals or documentation written is at least 5 years old. Most of them do not apply as procedures have changed, software is updated or no longer exists and management keeps changing their minds on how they want you to do things.

Forget about rules, integrity, a good solid work ethic, intelligence, common sense or talent - if you have any of those, you don't belong at ON24.

Change the management model to that of more healthier companies who treat their employees better and employees get rewarded for their amazing efforts. The old adage, "What goes around, comes around" applies strongly here.

Decent Company in SF

I worked at ON24, Inc.

Pros

Growing Company since 1998
    Great Employees at all levels
    Good location in downtown San Francisco

Cons

Challenging economy
    Many competitors in various guises
    Culture is not fun

Listen to your employees
    Strive to change the Company and it's culture

Horrible place!

Former Employee - CSS Support in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - CSS Support in San Francisco, CA

I worked at ON24, Inc. full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Close to BART, Downtown location.

Cons

On24 is completely mismanaged and they do not care at all about employees. On24 is all Sales, but no support. They will sell ( a bit overpriced in my opinion ) products, but then will have 1 or maybe 2 people to support it. Hence, the Engineering / Support / IT / Signal operations teams are all OVER WORKED and have to work way too many weekends and over time. The CEO runs On24 like a Chinese labor camp, you will get pushed around, micromanaged, thrown under the bus. its mainly all due to upper management and of course the CEO! Everybody is totally overworked that any company event will seem forced. On24 just celebrated Huge revenue for end month on the year and the "token of appreciation" was a measly happy hour and an " ON24" branded towel that Marketing had made as swag at a trade show and had to get rid of them somehow. Or, the CEO will stand up every morning and do " row call" at 8 am to make sure his slaves are all working. Its terrible, do yourself a favor, don't waste time at on24. I used to think they could change, it is an interesting product, but I have given them 4 + years and I am burned out. If you do interview, ask them about company culture, then you will know :-)

I give up, they will never listen. They are all too overworked and something trivial like good management is back-burner. 50% turnover at on24.

Worst company to work for in SF. Very bad for career

Former Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I worked at ON24, Inc. full-time (more than an year)

Pros

*Surprisingly, other employees are nice to work with.
    *Engineers are the gem of the company.
    *Decent platform

Cons

* No appreciation for sales. "There are a dime a dozen" attitude by CEO and management regarding sales people.
    * VPs are just micro managers for hire. CEO barks, they jump. Highly political environment.
    * Daily, weekly, monthly tactical activities. Absolutely, no strategic thinking whatsoever.
    * CEO stands by office door to see who's in by 8am and who's gone by 5pm. Runs company like a sweat shop because he knows people need jobs in SF. 50% plus turnover.
    * Very bad decision to join company for career.

None. They don't listen anyway. Artificially plant 5 star reviews on glassdoor site to prevent new hire candidates from finding out what it is really like working there. Ever ask yourself why the reviews are so bi-polar...either really bad or really good.

Good place to work

I worked at ON24, Inc. full-time

Pros

Good product
    Good team mates
    Work Life Balance

Cons

Average or below average salaries
    Management do not appreciate/recognize loyal employees

Find ways how you can satisfy your employees and can give them extra something.