OPSWAT Reviews

Updated July 30, 2014
Updated July 30, 2014
3.7

Benny Czarny

OPSWAT is a great place to start!

Former Employee - Marketing in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing in San Francisco, CA

I worked at OPSWAT as an intern (more than an year)

Pros

I loved working at OPSWAT. I worked as a marketing intern. My boss was extremely smart, talented and very flexible.

Location
    Free food
    Go Big Friday's

Cons

I worked as an intern so I didn't really see any cons to working at OPSWAT

Engaging work content with opportunities galore for personal and professional growth...

I have been working at OPSWAT full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There's definitely a ton of work on my plate at OPSWAT, but I love it! The people I work with are intelligent and amazing at teamwork. The new office has been in construction mode for over a year now, but the space is looking really great! The office space is comfortable and the people keep me engaged in my projects and deliverables. The free food isn't bad either, although the sponsored gym membership is my favorite perk.

Cons

I wish the construction would finish.

Keep me challenged and growing professionally.

Employee of OPSWAT

I have been working at OPSWAT

Pros

OPSWAT sells a great product. The leadership from managers is great. Benefits are good. Work environment is fun. Co workers are great. Never stressed, just really really busy. Management support is great!

Cons

I currently don't have any to share

Continue to recognize hard work in the employees and the company will continue to grow (both financially and in happiness)

Varied and fast-paced, a great learning experience

I have been working at OPSWAT full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The people are fun and work hard, your colleagues are motivated. You will learn a lot and interact with many different teams. Benefits are solid. The good managers are great. Open and accepting hiring practices.

If you work hard and make sure you get noticed by the CEO, there is room for advancement.

Cons

Work-life balance is poor. Fires (metaphorical) come up often and they consume much of your time. Management can be unrealistic about how long certain tasks take. Turnover is very high, documentation low. Pay is lackluster.

Business is run like it is still in a garage. Enterprise tools shunned in favor of cheap alternatives. Product stability is put secondary to new features, often based on CEO's favorite customers, not necessarily most requested.

Upper management is penny smart, dollar dumb. Managers exist as a buffer for CEO's micromanagement. You put them there for a reason, don't overrule them on an almost daily basis.

Stability, security, and reliability are features just as important as any other.

Great place

I have been working at OPSWAT full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Ground breaking technology - our leadership team and engineers know what they're doing.
    * Career growth - if you can perform well here, there are plenty of opportunities for upward movement.
    * Solid benefits - medical, dental, vision, bonus plan, stock, etc.
    * Free snacks in the break rooms.
    * Friendly employees - people are always smiling and saying hello to each other (even between folks they don't know).
    * Company events - they don't do it too often, but the events are nice when they do host.
    * Innovative environment.

Cons

ometimes groups (even in the same department) can be a little segregated. Wished there was a bit more unification.
    * We need more of an assortment of healthy snacks.

Great job so far - I hope we can keep up with the momentum we've gathered so far.

OPSWAT Review

Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at OPSWAT part-time (less than an year)

Pros

One of the best environments I've worked in. Very organized, polite people and good benefits.

Cons

Didn't get a full time job.

Get rid of the unhealthy, free food.

Best place to start and grow your career

I have been working at OPSWAT full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

1) Excellent Leadership
    2) Product dominance in the market
    3) Passionate colleagues
    4) Stocked Kitchen and other perks :)

Cons

1)The rapid pace of innovation should not lose its quality as we grow into a larger organization.

Keep up the good work.

Innovative, flexible and fun company to work for!

I have been working at OPSWAT full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great pay, the company has the most amazing security products, I get to travel the world, work with great staff and deliver outstanding solutions to our customers.

Cons

When working for a company that's at the same pace as a start up, the working hours are long and hard, but somehow, we all see the upside to this.

Keep doing what you're doing. It's working.

Great Company

Current Employee - Developer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Developer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at OPSWAT full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great salary and people to work with.

Cons

There are no cons so far.

Great opportunity... if you are up to it

Current Employee - N/A in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - N/A in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at OPSWAT full-time

Pros

Career enhancement opportunities, company is growing fast, unique and industry leading products, exciting atmosphere, decent benefits, top notch customer list.

This isn't a place where people can skate by with mediocre performance. Everyone who lasts here shows that they are up for the challenge, which in my opinion, is a good thing. There are many complaints on this site about the overly aggressive nature of the company and complaints about the CEO. Although some of the items may be warranted, he is a very smart guy, with big ambitions as to what this company can acheive. As we are bootstrapped, there isn't room for slackers who aren't helping us reach that goal, and I'm fully supportive of the 'trim the fat' mentality we have.

I'd highly recommend this company to someone who wants to come in, work hard, and easily see the fruits of their labors... the sky is the limit with what we are putting together here. The career opportunities I've been exposed to by working at OPSWAT are great, and promotions are a regular thing at company meetings.

Cons

Aggressive deadlines, long hours, high pressure.

People tend to work more than 8 hours per day, with plenty of pressure to do whatever it takes to get things done. Layoffs can come very quickly, as someone who doesn't demonstrate immediately that they are a good fit will be let go.

The benefits could be better too, we have some nice perks (food delivery every night), but they seem to be more of an afterthought than something that is truly focused on. I'm hopeful that this will improve soon though.

More empowerment needs to be granted from the top down in they day to day decision making. The company is also at a point in which I believe getting outside investment will allow for us to grow really quickly. More money should be spent on advertising and branding as well... grassroots marketing will only get us so far, and more budget should be spent on outside services to promote our brand, products and services.

OPSWAT Photos