OQO

OQO Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

Andy Popell

Family oriented workplace and filled with very smart people.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at OQO

Prosnetworking, experience, knowledge, new technology, pushing technology to the limit, great location which allowed an eclectic environment to the business.

Conscommute, parking, the product was not well marketed, one major issue which makes this term true "too many chefs in the kitchen"

Advice to Senior Managementcompany spending was focused on engineering development which is not a bad thing, but in order to stay in business we need sales.

start-bliss

Sales Representative (Former Employee)
San Francisco, CA

I worked at OQO full-time for more than a year

Prosgreat product
great benefits
great location
every week deliver of fruit guys

Consto many chiefs not enough Indians
the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is going to do

Best days are behind ...

Electrical Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at OQO

ProsOQO does take on challenging projects. There are many very smart people at OQO.

ConsOQO was a very innovative company three years ago, but today it is past its prime. The company has no money and little prospect of raising more. The sales force and marketing team are very understaffed. There have been tons of layoffs. The former CEO died, then the company was run ineffectively by three founders, then a new CEO came in but the writing was already on the wall. After he left, one of the founders again took over the role of CEO.

Advice to Senior ManagementSell the company! Maybe communicate less often, and only when things are certain because so much of what is said in company meetings turns out to be untrue, or delayed, or just lipstick on a pig.

Great innovative company, but needs better leadership and strategy.

Sales/Marketing Team (Current Employee)
San Francisco, CA

I have been working at OQO

ProsGreat people that have truly changed mobile computing. OOQ pioneered the Ultra Mobile PC (UMPC) and is the recognized leader in the category. It is nice to work a company that created a product that makes jaws drop from friends and family when it is shown off.

ConsThe CEO is not very good. He has no natural leadership ability and seems to think he is good at things he is not. Many people don't really understand what he does everyday. He is not good in customer situations and sometimes does not really listen well and sometimes talks just to hear himself or to prove he is smart. nice guy, but really not a good fit for this role. he would be good as product management VP, but as a CEO, I just don' see it

Advice to Senior ManagementFind new jobs if CEO is not fired soon. The Sr. Management team is decent.

It had it's issues but this was a fast, fun, and familial place to work with a lot of very smart, hard workers.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at OQO

ProsThis was a place where everyone was involved. Smart people doing smart things and working incredibly hard creating a new product space.

ConsIt felt a bit loose at times. It was a startup and that had its pluses but that also meant things could seem to go in random directions at times. Occasionally too marketing driven.

Advice to Senior ManagementSchedules and specifications needed to be more clearly identified. With clear definitions it would have been easier to stick to a schedule and not allow slip or push to move things up too quickly.

Worked for OQO? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at OQO reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for OQO CEO Andy Popell. All 5 reviews posted anonymously by OQO employees.