OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center

Upsetting management

Former Employee - Rrt in Rockford, IL
    Former Employee - Rrt in Rockford, IL

I worked at OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center full-time

Pros

The patients are wonderful, good ventilators, epic computer software, fresh looking clinic, coffee shop is great

Cons

Rude physicians, unorganized management, untrained direct supervisors, some very dated respiratory technology, actual hospital inside of hospital needs renovations, no RT protocols

I worked at OSF for over 20 years.

Former Employee - Medical Imaging in Rockford, IL
    Former Employee - Medical Imaging in Rockford, IL

I worked at OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center (more than 10 years)

Pros

Co workers, Ok Benefits, not much else

Cons

Management!! OSF at one time was a good place to work, not anymore. Management is not held to the high standards of living the Mission and following the values they insist on all employees follow. Employees are often told they are easily replaceable. Long time employees are not valued as they once were. Management wonders why long term employees are leaving and new employees are working only for a paycheck. Management needs to listen to the comments made by all employees and change their views or they will continue to loose valuable long term employees that helped make OSF the medical center it was once known as.

Listen to all your employees. Value those employees who have been with the company for a long time. Promote your employees who have been committed to your organization for years. Go back to valuing your long term employees or as you can see by other reviews your company will continue to decline.

Not what it used to be but still a great team.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockford, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockford, IL

I worked at OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center

Pros

Most employees are great.

Very good support and documentation for most jobs. Friendly and smart team members.

The structure that is set in place is decent despite being overbearing.

If you are coming in new, this is a pretty stable place and I think you can feel safe in your job. (Just maybe not benefits)

Cons

Overbearing policies governing what you can and can not do. Think union labor where the guy who hammers things together isn't allowed to screw things together, due to screwing things together belonging to another person, even if you're fully certified to use the screwdriver and will have to stop what you're doing and wait for the other person to be available to use the screwdriver for you.

You will not advance very far since it is difficult to take on responsibilities beyond what you are hired for (See above for why). In some cases it simply will never happen.

Benefits being cut since restructuring a while back. People being pushed out and having benefits slashed over technicalities. This is all due to the restructuring. If you are coming in new this won't ever be relevant to you. You can't miss what you don't have or be bitter about what you never saw.

Start listening to your people. Our ENTIRE department said in so many words the same things for suggestions on the yearly survey on our opinions. If you are going to blow off an entire department, at least pay us lip service instead of pretending we did not all unanimously ask for the same thing.

If upper management in our department was not so overbearing and if the company (after becoming one osf) as a whole had not screwed over so many long term employees, this would be a 5 star review.

WATCH YOUR BACK! Employees are encouraged to report each other!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockford, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockford, IL

I have been working at OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I have learned to watch my back for the constant backstabbing that occurs!

Cons

Leadership was brought in that turned the caring among employees into hostility! Many cut backs and people with years of senority forced out with false accusations. I have been witness to an employee almost lose a job from an anonymous (COMPLETELY FALSE) accusation from another angry/jealous employee! Management falsely accuses with NO factual evidence. You are "guilty" before you can EVER defend yourself! You cannot even produce witnesses to defend yourself! If you talk to anyone, you will be immediately terminated! (How they pass their lies as truth) It is a shame. We were actually ENCOURAGED by senior management to report (via 4444 & Integrity Line calls) not only each other but also the physicians! (anonymously, of course) I am at the top of the pay scale (which is the lowest of the 3 Rockford hospitals), and have NO possibility to make more money. I was flat out told by my senior management that although I have MANY years of experience, I will never be able to advance into a supervisory position! NOT FAIR or in the best interest of good patient care!

HIRE the MOST QUALIFIED, not just letters behind a name!

Excellent until the last year.

Former Employee - Nursing in Alton, IL
    Former Employee - Nursing in Alton, IL

I worked at OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

For years it was like a large family. People cared about each other and worked together to get the job done.

Cons

New leadership was brought in that turned the caring among employees into hostility. Many cut backs and people with years of senority forced out with false accuisations.

Replace your CEO with an American born citizen that's able to improve the hospital and keep the family atmosphere.

Stress level high; saddened by loss of community.

Former Employee - Guest Relations in Rockford, IL
    Former Employee - Guest Relations in Rockford, IL

I worked at OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center

Pros

Decent pay. (Nursing staff wasn't real happy, though.)
    Coworkers, for the most part were decent.
    Good benefits.
    Lots of classes so employees can stay updated on healthcare issues.

Cons

No job security, layoffs were common. Employees didn't know what was going on from day to day.
    Didn't seem to want to promote from within, I guess to take advantage of new staffs' starting pay being less than someone who has been there for years.

How about, instead of laying people off, training them for another position? In this economy, a lot of people would prefer taking a paycut to getting an unemployment check. Loyalty means a lot!

The Mission "...to serve person with the greatest care and love..." is evindent at every level.

Current Employee - Clinical Engineering
    Current Employee - Clinical Engineering

I have been working at OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center

Pros

My fellow employees make work enjoyable and rewarding.

Cons

Missing needed comunication paths from corporate supply chain make decision making difficult.