OSI Restaurant Partners

Updated February 1, 2015
2.8

OSI Restaurant Partners President, CEO, and Director Elizabeth A. (Liz) Smith
Elizabeth A. (Liz) Smith

Used to be a great place. not anymore

Former Employee - Fixed Asset Accountant in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Fixed Asset Accountant in Tampa, FL

I worked at OSI Restaurant Partners full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great co-workers. Decent food comps

Cons

Turned into a money grubbing company. not much fun to work for anymore. The culture of the Outback company changed to an strict place with a lot of unappreciated work

Was okay until it became so corporate

Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Tampa, FL

I have been working at OSI Restaurant Partners full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

it used to be a lot of fun with various team building events like minigolf tournaments and office olympics. people are friendly

Cons

it became very corporate, less focus on employees

Remember "if we take care of our people, the company takes care of itself"

Worked for Roy's and loved the food, atmosphere and professionalism of the staff

Former Employee - Food Server in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Food Server in New York, NY

I worked at OSI Restaurant Partners full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Professional, fun environment, excellent product that sells itself

Cons

Hard to qualify for benefits, last location was overstaffed and couldn't get enough hours

Not much I can advise

Sexual harassment much? Illegal work practices, poor employee support from corporate...

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL

I worked at OSI Restaurant Partners full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

None for this company. I am greatful to this website though. Warning others is the best I can do right now.

Cons

If you want a promotion you had better be male. Our district had 32 manager positions including general managers. 9 female assistant managers, no female general managers. A company fully aware of its district, general managers inappropriate behavior yet did nothing when complaints were filed.

Sure they have policies written down in a book for legal purposes. However, the general manager was allowed to change stores to a different region(replaced by a male). The district manager retired. The employees harassed were not acknowledged other than termination. Lawsuit with EEOC still pending, OSI still denying. They even drug their feet on verifying my termination so I could receive unemployment benefits.(healthcare,etc.)

Dont do the 401k and need to withdraw it. This crack squad will sit on your request for months, literally.

Corporate leadership changed recently, zero improvement. Congratulations to the $5 billion dollar a year monster that runs freely over its employees without having to own up to their actions.

I no longer eat anywhere affiliated with this company. Person by person I share these truths. These morally bereft people should not have a right to practice business. Maybe someday they will really be punished by the law.

Quit. All of you executive/corporate representatives. Take the entirety of your last years paychecks and bonuses and pay out to the people you have hurt through your negligence. Then go back to the basics. Work for a living you actually earn. Start at the basement of any of your restaurants and see what its like. Never manage anything ever again. Ever. See how your efforts and 70+ hour work weeks are rewarded. Assuming your replaced with competent personnel you may have a shot at a career yet.

Please stop insulting people with silly postings about how great you are.

Disliked how outback ran things and how they treated the staff

Former Employee - Hostess/Takeaway/Waitress in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Hostess/Takeaway/Waitress in Houston, TX

I worked at OSI Restaurant Partners part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Met new people there's really no other pros to working here I hated working there specially for a year as a high school student

Cons

I was over worked as a part time worker and never saw my full profit. They also made bus boys as hostess which messed up the whole restaurant atmosphere "a cut back" but nobody saw the money come in.

Great.

I worked at OSI Restaurant Partners full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great tips, Great Management, excellent scheduling

Cons

Drive for perfection could be a little overbearing at times. Don't expect someone to sell hundreds of dollars in alcohol on prom night, or give happy go lucky service to funeral parties. Not much upward mobility.

They know what they're doing.

I work too hard for too little.

Current Employee - Food Server in Greensboro, NC
    Current Employee - Food Server in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at OSI Restaurant Partners full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

My store is so desperate for workers that we will hire anyone. You interact with many interesting people. The employee discount makes McDonalds seem expensive.

Cons

I make $1000 a month and work almost every day. I have no benefits. Schedules come out less than a day before the new work week. I have a vindictive manager. I get verbally abused by staff and management. I am more qualified, in education and experience, to manage, but have no way to advance.

Employees voice these concerns. Listen to the employees. Hire people who are available for more than a few days. If you have a hole on a Tuesdays, due to availability, don't hire 3 new people who also can not work Tuesday. I need to see more of my manager.

It's a job

Current Employee - Prep Cook/Grill Cook/Fry Cook/Expediter/Sauté/Pantry/Opener/Closer in Northern, KY

I have been working at OSI Restaurant Partners full-time (more than a year)

Pros

It's a job, pretty much guaranteed 40 plus hours, colleagues are knowledgable

Cons

Can't seem to keep the quality employees, management is somewhat "lazy"... Personally I have to pick up ALOT of slack do to scheduling issues on top off call offs.

Need more competent managers.... I was previously a manager at a restaurant similar to to the this restaurants theme. None of the managers at my location would last there do to poor performance and knowledge. I believe that my location in particular needs to add another manager.

Decent experience, corporate runs the show big time

Current Employee - Server in Frazer, PA
    Current Employee - Server in Frazer, PA

I have been working at OSI Restaurant Partners part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Friendly and helpful employees for the most part

Cons

They do things strictly by the book and get irritated if you deviate at all.

Used to be fun to work here

Current Employee - IT Developer in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - IT Developer in Tampa, FL

I have been working at OSI Restaurant Partners full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good people to work with, everyone is willing to pitch in to do what needs to be done. Discount cards for restaurants is a nice perl

Cons

New Management needs to understand more about the business. Health Benefits keep getting worse. Salaries are stagnant. Older employees seem to be deprecated over new hires.

Get better benefits