OSI Restaurant Partners

Be The First To
Add Photos

OSI Restaurant Partners President, CEO, and Director Elizabeth A. (Liz) Smith

Elizabeth A. (Liz) Smith

Worked for Roy's and loved the food, atmosphere and professionalism of the staff

Food Server (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsProfessional, fun environment, excellent product that sells itself

ConsHard to qualify for benefits, last location was overstaffed and couldn't get enough hours

Advice to Senior ManagementNot much I can advise

Excellent place to work great enviroment

Implementation (Current Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsGreat environment to work in

ConsDoes not pay for further education

Great.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat tips, Great Management, excellent scheduling

ConsDrive for perfection could be a little overbearing at times. Don't expect someone to sell hundreds of dollars in alcohol on prom night, or give happy go lucky service to funeral parties. Not much upward mobility.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey know what they're doing.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Used to be fun to work here

IT Developer (Current Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsGood people to work with, everyone is willing to pitch in to do what needs to be done. Discount cards for restaurants is a nice perl

ConsNew Management needs to understand more about the business. Health Benefits keep getting worse. Salaries are stagnant. Older employees seem to be deprecated over new hires.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet better benefits

The Company is one of the best places to work.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsThe Company really cares about giving their customers a great dining experience with great quality at an affordable price. They also listen to customers comments and makes changes where needed. As for the employees, OSI believes in life balance and allows flexibility to meet your work and family needs. It is really a good company to be a part of.

ConsPromoting people to manager positions that do not have management experience. They should have a program in place to develop managers before they can be promoted. Also, the direct reports should be given a survey or list of questions and their feedback on the performance of the new manager.

OSI seems to care about their people.

Bartender (Current Employee) Overland Park, KS

ProsThere is consistency of product from store to store, allowing for repeat customers and a sense of pride in one's work. There is a considerable amount of training. That's always a positive.

ConsIt's corporate. If there is a problem it can take a long time for resolution. It also means that if a mistake is made, there are more people to point it out. Mistakes are far more readily recognized than a job well done.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe store I work at is run down. As far as I can tell, nothing is being done to resolve the physical issues. These include sewer and roof issues as well as drainage.

If you've worked at one restaurant, you've worked at them all.

Bartender (Current Employee) Aurora, CO

ProsFlexible schedule, understanding managers, opportunity of advancement if you are truly good at what you do.

ConsWorking at a restaurant means the bottom of the barrel as far as customer service is concerned. Pay is not good. Qualifying for benefits means being on your feet for 35+ hours a week; this is difficult and the benefits are expensive and suck anyway!

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer a better benefits package to your part-time employees. Give your quality employees more responsibility and ability to build your business. Allow your quality employees to provide you with more structured insight and suggestions to become more successful.

Outback Steakhouse

Server (Former Employee) Bayside, NY

ProsThe only good thing about working there was the coworkers. And you would earn about 650 a week which is comparable to my carear job now.

ConsWaiting on tables just sucks,management is overworked and underpaid and they let you know it. It was very hard to call out sick.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a chill pill, you signed up for this to be your carear not us. Stuff is gonna go wrong in that industry probably everyday-learn to deal with it better.

If it's the casual dining segment you want, then OSI is the company to work for

Managing Partner (Current Employee)

ProsSome of the best concepts in the business, best name recognition. They treat employees with respect and are great in community awareness.

ConsThe hours are not so much long, but they are so inconsistent you never feel rested. Base pay is a joke, you have to have a great location with good sales to make any money via bonus. No match on 401k.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange the 401k, get better health insurance, and get some reviews of your JVP's from your MP's. You may not always know what is going on!

Nice people, Clean Enviornment

Server (Former Employee) Pittsburg, CA

ProsNow open for lunch and dinner. Flexable schedule and part-time work is ok. Good for students, 2nd job and parents.

ConsLike all server jobs, it is hard physical labor with minimal breaks and it is not encouraged to eat on your break.

Advice to Senior ManagementYearly parties are nice, continue having them. Maybe you can give other awards away, like letting the server pick their section for a night.

Worked for OSI Restaurant Partners? Contribute to the Community!