OSI Restaurant Partners

Updated May 5, 2014
2.8

OSI Restaurant Partners President, CEO, and Director Elizabeth A. (Liz) Smith
Elizabeth A. (Liz) Smith

Was okay until it became so corporate

Current Employee - Staff Accountant  in  Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Tampa, FL

I have been working at OSI Restaurant Partners full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

it used to be a lot of fun with various team building events like minigolf tournaments and office olympics. people are friendly

Cons

it became very corporate, less focus on employees

Remember "if we take care of our people, the company takes care of itself"

Sexual harassment much? Illegal work practices, poor employee support from corporate...

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Pensacola, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL

I worked at OSI Restaurant Partners full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

None for this company. I am greatful to this website though. Warning others is the best I can do right now.

Cons

If you want a promotion you had better be male. Our district had 32 manager positions including general managers. 9 female assistant managers, no female general managers. A company fully aware of its district, general managers inappropriate behavior yet did nothing when complaints were filed.

Sure they have policies written down in a book for legal purposes. However, the general manager was allowed to change stores to a different region(replaced by a male). The district manager retired. The employees harassed were not acknowledged other than termination. Lawsuit with EEOC still pending, OSI still denying. They even drug their feet on verifying my termination so I could receive unemployment benefits.(healthcare,etc.)

Dont do the 401k and need to withdraw it. This crack squad will sit on your request for months, literally.

Corporate leadership changed recently, zero improvement. Congratulations to the $5 billion dollar a year monster that runs freely over its employees without having to own up to their actions.

I no longer eat anywhere affiliated with this company. Person by person I share these truths. These morally bereft people should not have a right to practice business. Maybe someday they will really be punished by the law.

Quit. All of you executive/corporate representatives. Take the entirety of your last years paychecks and bonuses and pay out to the people you have hurt through your negligence. Then go back to the basics. Work for a living you actually earn. Start at the basement of any of your restaurants and see what its like. Never manage anything ever again. Ever. See how your efforts and 70+ hour work weeks are rewarded. Assuming your replaced with competent personnel you may have a shot at a career yet.

Please stop insulting people with silly postings about how great you are.

Disliked how outback ran things and how they treated the staff

Former Employee - hostess/ takeaway/ waitress  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - hostess/ takeaway/ waitress in Houston, TX

I worked at OSI Restaurant Partners part-time for more than a year

Pros

Met new people there's really no other pros to working here I hated working there specially for a year as a high school student

Cons

I was over worked as a part time worker and never saw my full profit. They also made bus boys as hostess which messed up the whole restaurant atmosphere "a cut back" but nobody saw the money come in.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Worked for Roy's and loved the food, atmosphere and professionalism of the staff

Former Employee - Food Server  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Food Server in New York, NY

I worked at OSI Restaurant Partners full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Professional, fun environment, excellent product that sells itself

Cons

Hard to qualify for benefits, last location was overstaffed and couldn't get enough hours

Not much I can advise

Great.

I worked at OSI Restaurant Partners full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great tips, Great Management, excellent scheduling

Cons

Drive for perfection could be a little overbearing at times. Don't expect someone to sell hundreds of dollars in alcohol on prom night, or give happy go lucky service to funeral parties. Not much upward mobility.

They know what they're doing.

I work too hard for too little.

Current Employee - Food Server  in  Greensboro, NC
    Current Employee - Food Server in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at OSI Restaurant Partners full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

My store is so desperate for workers that we will hire anyone. You interact with many interesting people. The employee discount makes McDonalds seem expensive.

Cons

I make $1000 a month and work almost every day. I have no benefits. Schedules come out less than a day before the new work week. I have a vindictive manager. I get verbally abused by staff and management. I am more qualified, in education and experience, to manage, but have no way to advance.

Employees voice these concerns. Listen to the employees. Hire people who are available for more than a few days. If you have a hole on a Tuesdays, due to availability, don't hire 3 new people who also can not work Tuesday. I need to see more of my manager.

It's a job

Current Employee - Prep Cook/Grill Cook/Fry Cook/Expediter/Sauté/Pantry/Opener/Closer  in  Northern, KY
    Current Employee - Prep Cook/Grill Cook/Fry Cook/Expediter/Sauté/Pantry/Opener/Closer in Northern, KY

I have been working at OSI Restaurant Partners full-time for more than a year

Pros

It's a job, pretty much guaranteed 40 plus hours, colleagues are knowledgable

Cons

Can't seem to keep the quality employees, management is somewhat "lazy"... Personally I have to pick up ALOT of slack do to scheduling issues on top off call offs.

Need more competent managers.... I was previously a manager at a restaurant similar to to the this restaurants theme. None of the managers at my location would last there do to poor performance and knowledge. I believe that my location in particular needs to add another manager.

Decent experience, corporate runs the show big time

Current Employee - Server  in  Frazer, PA
    Current Employee - Server in Frazer, PA

I have been working at OSI Restaurant Partners part-time for less than a year

Pros

Friendly and helpful employees for the most part

Cons

They do things strictly by the book and get irritated if you deviate at all.

Used to be fun to work here

Current Employee - IT Developer  in  Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - IT Developer in Tampa, FL

I have been working at OSI Restaurant Partners full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good people to work with, everyone is willing to pitch in to do what needs to be done. Discount cards for restaurants is a nice perl

Cons

New Management needs to understand more about the business. Health Benefits keep getting worse. Salaries are stagnant. Older employees seem to be deprecated over new hires.

Get better benefits

Accountig Services-Tampa Office -Negative work environment

Former Employee - Accountant  in  Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Accountant in Tampa, FL

I worked at OSI Restaurant Partners full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Hours are balanced with lifestyle. Work space is new but smaller desks and storage. Discounts on meals. Employee benefits. Team building outings. Youthful atmosphere.

Cons

Management needs to improve best practices in the workplace especially with all of the changes that are currently going on. Creating a workplace that is safe, productive and pleasant requires a maximization of good practices and a minimization of bad practices.Saying nasty things about coworkers behind their backs undermines staff morale, creates rivalries between coworkers and generally damages the character of a workplace. Even professional and mature employees often have problems with other people, but they are aware enough to keep their destructive comments to themselves. Constructive criticism is sometimes needed, but should be presented in a constructive way to the person involved, not to someone else as a form of gossip. In addition, accounting services have been outsourced.

My advice to management is to take a refresher course in best and worst practices in the workplace. My feelings on outsourcing-It looks bad. Sprint and T-Mobile are prime examples of companies that look bad because of their decision to outsource.

Worked for OSI Restaurant Partners? Contribute to the Community!