OSI Restaurant Partners

No Rules, Just Wrong!!

Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Tampa, FL

I worked at OSI Restaurant Partners

Pros

The pay is decent and you get a comp card which is very nice. You are eligible for 3 weeks of Paid-Time-Off which is also nice.

Cons

This company is soooooooooo unprofessional it is hard to know where to begin. Given its size you would think it would be structured like a blue chip company, but it is a joke. The organization is the most political I have ever worked in and is full of cliques. There is no professional leadership and the credentials of the leadership are more fitting of a fraternity or sorority president than a corporate executive. If you are the fortune 100 or 500 type and want to work with a reputable company I would not work at OSI as you will not progress with the industry. Also, OSI has no HR so there is very little support of its employees.

Take your business more seriously and get rid of the good old boy network. Quit acting like this large company is some sort of fraternity or sorority--it is ridiculous.

Do not have career path structure

I have been working at OSI Restaurant Partners

Pros

Good work life balance
    Friendly people

Cons

Lack of career structure
    Not interested in professional training assistance
    Do not reward those that go out and get more education/professional training

Recognize those that have gone out to get more education. Create a clear career path for employees.

Flexible and fun

I have been working at OSI Restaurant Partners

Pros

The flexibility in hours is a great benefit to working at OSI. If you need to take an hour off to go to a doctor's appointment or go see your kid in school, they will let you. Their comittment to having a balance between work and personal life is one of the best things about working for OSI restaurant partners. I also like the relaxed dress code. I can't complain about being able to wear jeans every day of the week. They also support a fun atmosphere to work in and team building is key. They are also committed to doing good for the community.

Cons

Pay and benefits are lacking. The company does not contribute to 401ks. Also there is a lack of job growth in the company.

Honestly in these economic times, I am happy to have my job. They have cut back on financial items but I still have my job so I am happy about that.