OSTCS

Add Photos

Brian Pinkus

Could be better

Tech Agent (Current Employee) Covina, CA

ProsIf you're the type of person that doesn't like to move around too much then you'll love this job because you're literally sitting in a chair for 8 hours. It's also good tech experience for those of you in computer related fields.

ConsPolicies change on a weekly basis. If you're not an adaptable person this is definitely not the job for you, not to mention for the workload that is expected of you minimum wage seems highly unreasonable. You are expected to meet quotas outlines by management. Whether or not that amount of work is available does not seem to be of much concern to them. The cases we receive are outsourced by Advanced Tech Support, so if on a slow day we don't receive a lot of work we are still held accountable.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay is probably a common complaint in any job, the thing that was extremely frustrating was when management would mention pay raises, or incentives that never seemed to be implemented. Don't feed your employees lies to get them to be more efficient.

Terrible company to work for

Remote Desktop Technician (Former Employee) Covina, CA

ProsNot physically demanding. There is no dress code. The break room is nice.

ConsThey started me off at $8 an hour. To me, this shows that they do not value their employees. They expect you to have customer service skills as well as have a technical aptitude for the job, but yet they only pay you what they are legally required by the state. I was fired from this job, and they told me that they “Didn’t know why." I was fired from the company without being told the reason. If I did something wrong, how am I expected to learn from the mistake (if any) that I made? I am unable to learn from it, because they refused to tell me what the reason was. In the end, the real mistake was me accepting this job. I read the reviews that were written about this company and saw that almost all of them were negative. At the time, I just figured that the reviews written here were just being written by disgruntled ex employees who had an axe to grind. Well, it turns out that OSTCS really is that bad of a company to work for.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't fire people without providing them a reason. Show that you value your employees by paying them above minimum wage. It will go a long way in showing that you value your employees. It doesn't have to be a lot more, maybe just 25-50 cents more an hour? Hey, what do I know, I'm just the disgruntled former employee who was fired (for no reason).

STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE!

Tech (Former Employee) Covina, CA

Proscoworkers are friendly that's just about it until your coworkers get fired without reason.

ConsJust about everything, this company is one of the most unprofessional companies I had ever work with, like the previous person mention this place is an unorganized circus, they expect you to meet a quota for each day that you work, change the rules on a daily bases fires an entire staff then rehires on a constant basis.

Advice to Senior Managementshould find replacements for themselves.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

great place to work

Tech (Current Employee) West Covina, CA

Prosif ure good at what u do, and you ask questions, and u do it quickly, and can multi task and talk on the phone and work at the same time, and have good people skills, and real tech experience and background, you can actually make decent money here. management and coworkers are very helpful with problems and collaborating, pay scale is broken down quite well despite other people's reviews, good scheduling if u request time in advance, kitchen has free tea/coffee/2 fridges/hot water/filtered water, parking is great, the view from the building is nice, air conditioning/heat is well, work space is sufficient, and they are good at firing people who are stupid and lazy and rude.

Consbathrooms are gross, health coverage is nice but it's HMO which is gross.

Unorganized circus

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Covina, CA

ProsThe five star rating is clearly written by management to bump up the rating. The only pro is the people working there.

ConsEverything is very unorganized. Your hours are cut at any given time with little notice. No vacation, sick time, and no holiday bonus pay. The pay structure is not broken down for you on your pay check, so there is no way of determining if you are getting screwed. The owner just makes countless empty promises and boast about opportunities that will never exist. The training is almost useless as the trainer doesn't work the floor. The training also does not prepare you for the actual work and for a job that bases your pay on the number of tickets you do, it doesn't help your pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop making empty promises to employees. Get freakin organized. The owner needs to open his eyes and shut his mouth. Stop expecting unrealistic numbers from your employees. Get a well developed system in place because it not only hurts the business but It makes it especially hard on your employees.

My Opinion of Working at OSTCS

Tech Support (Former Employee) Covina, CA

ProsMy co-workers are some of the best people I've ever been around. They had to be in order to put up with the constant uncertainty surrounding our work with OSTCS

ConsThe cons were obvious. While we were all happy to have a job in the midst of a poor economy, our hours were constantly being changed (once I found out that our entire shift's hours had been reduced by 40% via email). The owner was incredibly janus-faced, constantly talking up non existent opportunities while failing to treat people like adults.

Advice to Senior ManagementShow some genuine respect for your work staff; stop treating them like cattle and make some effort to be honest.

OSTCS Is The Best Company To Work For!!!!

(Current Employee)

ProsWorking at OSTCS is great! The environment is completely fun and it transends into everyones work. I never thought that I would love coming to work. We work extremely hard, but everyone is so supportive and fun that we truly love our work! By the way I'm not sure what the other poster was talking about that the place is unstable. That truly hasn't been my experience.

ConsI really have nothing negative to say. This company has transformed my life. They treat everyone like they are family and that is not something that you can find these days.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice to management would be to keep doing what your doing we all love working here!!!

Company is unstable, coworkers were great.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIt is not a regular work place, it is fun. The workers are good at what they do and love it.

ConsThe company is very unstable since they work for different companies. The workers have to be sales department and technicians in a short amount of time.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey should get the company organized before trying something new on the workers. It makes it more stressful than it needs to be.

Worked for OSTCS? Contribute to the Community!