OTO Development

Add Photos

Corry Oakes

No growth potential

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat people to work with

ConsNo growth potential; lack of pay increases; no communication; too top heavy

Get your Branded Hotel Experience elsewhere

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosbeautiful hotels. some, more like few, at corporate are incredible and really truly care about the company. o

ConsCOO is a very unprofessional person. cares only about himself. Does't care about the team at all. HR is a joke. Nothing is confidential or objective. Turnover is outrageous and there is so much pressure to perform that it's focus is all about dollars and could care less about team members...because "everyone can be replaced"...well, replace the COO. CEO is a great person but perhaps focused too much on development and growth and not involved anymore in daily operation. COO covers things up so it doesn't reach CEO. They talk the talk but never walk the walk

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a new Executive Leadership Team, from COO, to VP of HR to Regional Directors. Too self centered.

A great place to learn and grow

ProsYou're able to assume a lot of responsibility quickly and to see the results from your efforts. I like the autonomy to run my own organization and there are great people in the company who help me get things done. The company continues to grow and there are lots of opportunities if you live or can move to the places where the growth is happening.

ConsThe investors are pretty tight with cash for rewarding management and employees.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

They just care about money

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNew Hotels, they work with great hotel brands such as Hyatt, Marriott, Hilton.

ConsThey don't appreciate their employes, the "open door" policy doesn't work, low pay for line associates.

Advice to Senior ManagementDoesn't matter if the Hotels are new and beautiful if the associates are unhappy the guests are going to be disappointed (Hospitality 101)

Great caring people who value family and treat their employees well

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat management team who is easy to work with, sets clear goals and expectations, and helps you acheive them. Benefits are decent and work/life balance is good. Good resume-building company.

ConsPossibly as a result of being based in SC where it is extremely cheap to live, company management doesn't respect cost of living differences. Pay is not very good unless you live in Spartanburg, SC, which is where they prefer you live but simply isn't realistic for many people.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore company profit needs to trickle down to the employees. If the company isn't making a profit then more of the perks need to be cut from upper management so that some profit can be made and shared.

Very disappointing ! OTO does not have a Culture in place.

ProsThe Front line employees work very hard.
    They have beautiful and new hotels.
    They work with great Hotel Brands such as Hyatt, Hilton & Marriott.

ConsCorporate just care about money, no employee recognition program.
    They try to have as many part time employee as possible.
    Horrible communication between corporate, hotel managers & staff.
    Upper management don't take the time to carefully look for competent GMs.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake the time to know your staff. We are not just numbers. Beautiful hotels any one can have but a outstanding team that is proud of their job take a lot of work and commitment.
    Don't hire your GM & AGM based in only 1 interview or 2.

Pretty good culture

ProsThey work hard & hire great people

ConsHelps if you are "connected" to the owner

Negative work environment and culture

Hotel Accountant (Former Employee) Spartanburg, SC

ProsGreat really great and dedicated coworkers in operations.

ConsWorking at the corporate office of OTO is like being in a time warp. It’s as if every employee advancement made during the last 100 years disappeared. They have none of the perks of a modern employer – no flexible work arrangements, no option to work from home at least occasionally, not even a business casual dress code. They desperately need some human resource management.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart treating employees in operations with a little respect.

A Very Young and Inexperienced Company

Sales Manager (Former Employee) Herndon, VA

ProsYou will find a great deal of hard working and experienced employees (mid level management and below) who have come from other great companies. Everyone is under a great deal of stress from upper managment but supports one another to maintain a positive atmosphere.

ConsThe company/hotels are VERY new and turnover is VERY high. The hotels rarely make budget and every month/quarter that budget is not made, finger pointing begins. Stress is very high with little importance on employee growth. During the interview process they will rave about immediate potential for growth but this is rare since you are not likely able to maintain employment long enough to move forward. Perform immediately or be let go immediately! Upper management constantly lies to cover their butts and unfortunately the employees suffer. This is not your normal hotel... In Sales, they have to complete Quarterly Action Plans, Weekly Sales Plans and Daily Traces which are combed through with a fine tooth comb. EVERYTHING is criticized on a weekly basis so be ready to constantly be on the defense!

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide more training and tools so that employees can have a chance to grown "within" your company. Training needs to be consistent and continual with an emphasis on good attributes within employees and less on mistakes made by them.

still needs a lot of work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosgood people, growth opportunities, cross training

Consbudgeting, high turnover, compensation and low benefits

Advice to Senior Managementkeep your word, be more informative to the staff

Worked for OTO Development? Contribute to the Community!