OTO Development

Updated January 5, 2015
Updated January 5, 2015
2.5

Corry Oakes

Results oriented, driven but at the same time caring and family oriented

I have been working at OTO Development full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It feels like family because it is really a team of people working together to accomplish goals. The new hotels and continued growth is exciting because it presents more opportunity. You have the ability to make your mark and try new things if you choose to make the effort. The people really make this company a great place to work.

Cons

It's hard work and there are high expectations for results. But it wouldn't be worth doing otherwise!

A great place to learn and grow

I have been working at OTO Development full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

You're able to assume a lot of responsibility quickly and to see the results from your efforts. I like the autonomy to run my own organization and there are great people in the company who help me get things done. The company continues to grow and there are lots of opportunities if you live or can move to the places where the growth is happening.

Cons

The investors are pretty tight with cash for rewarding management and employees.

Pretty good culture

I have been working at OTO Development full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They work hard & hire great people

Cons

Helps if you are "connected" to the owner

It is what it is

I have been working at OTO Development full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Gorgeous hotels, no expense is too much to bring this babies up, good enviroment for the most part.

Cons

Once opened you are pretty much on your own except for the contant change of strategies, enough to leave your head spinning for weeks. Bunch of amateurs directing.

Remember the basics and why you hired talent to start with. It is discouraging to be under utilized and knowing there is not much room to grow. Re-organize some of the knuckle heads that are running your company!

Exciting, growing company

I have been working at OTO Development

Pros

They are one of the few companies successfully developing at this time, which means that there will be more opportunities here in 1 - 2 years. They build beautiful hotels & the senior leadership is very involved in the business.

Cons

It's a new company, still learning & operating pretty lean corporate staff. Not much spare cash to share.

Listen to your team

No growth potential

I worked at OTO Development

Pros

Great people to work with

Cons

No growth potential; lack of pay increases; no communication; too top heavy

Great caring people who value family and treat their employees well

I worked at OTO Development full-time

Pros

Great management team who is easy to work with, sets clear goals and expectations, and helps you acheive them. Benefits are decent and work/life balance is good. Good resume-building company.

Cons

Possibly as a result of being based in SC where it is extremely cheap to live, company management doesn't respect cost of living differences. Pay is not very good unless you live in Spartanburg, SC, which is where they prefer you live but simply isn't realistic for many people.

More company profit needs to trickle down to the employees. If the company isn't making a profit then more of the perks need to be cut from upper management so that some profit can be made and shared.

still needs a lot of work

I worked at OTO Development full-time

Pros

good people, growth opportunities, cross training

Cons

budgeting, high turnover, compensation and low benefits

keep your word, be more informative to the staff

Get your Branded Hotel Experience elsewhere

I worked at OTO Development full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

beautiful hotels. some, more like few, at corporate are incredible and really truly care about the company. o

Cons

COO is a very unprofessional person. cares only about himself. Does't care about the team at all. HR is a joke. Nothing is confidential or objective. Turnover is outrageous and there is so much pressure to perform that it's focus is all about dollars and could care less about team members...because "everyone can be replaced"...well, replace the COO. CEO is a great person but perhaps focused too much on development and growth and not involved anymore in daily operation. COO covers things up so it doesn't reach CEO. They talk the talk but never walk the walk

Get a new Executive Leadership Team, from COO, to VP of HR to Regional Directors. Too self centered.

OTO development is one of the worst companies to work for!

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at OTO Development full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I can honestly say the best thing about working for an OTO Hotel (Hyatt Place) would be our guests. Nothing else!

Cons

management is crap! They don't care about their workers which is front desk, housekeeping, Houseman, maintenance, everyone! We don't have human resource on site, there's a lot of favoritism, discrimination and no type of recognition. Not one thank you! The general manager is a nice guy but does not know one thing about working for this hotel which makes it difficult for the actual assistant manager to do his job because he has to do the general managers job as well! Since the assistant manager can't do his job we have to do his job plus our job plus everyone else isn't doing their job because management can't discipline. Another thing is that every time you try to talk to the general manager or assistant manager about a problem they can't help you or they have an attitude. It seems like the front desk is running the hotel and for the crappy pay they give us, it's to much work. Even guests complain about management and instead of OTO looking into it, they do NOTHING! I can keep on going on how HORRIBLE it is to work for this company but it would be a never ending story. They are waiting for a lawsuit to get them!

My advice to management would be to ACTUALLY MANAGE! Appreciate your employees and MAYBE then you will have a successful hotel and make way more money with happy employees.