OTO Development

Updated Feb 7, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Corry Oakes

A great place to learn and grow

ProsYou're able to assume a lot of responsibility quickly and to see the results from your efforts. I like the autonomy to run my own organization and there are great people in the company who help me get things done. The company continues to grow and there are lots of opportunities if you live or can move to the places where the growth is happening.

ConsThe investors are pretty tight with cash for rewarding management and employees.

Pretty good culture

ProsThey work hard & hire great people

ConsHelps if you are "connected" to the owner

It is what it is

ProsGorgeous hotels, no expense is too much to bring this babies up, good enviroment for the most part.

ConsOnce opened you are pretty much on your own except for the contant change of strategies, enough to leave your head spinning for weeks. Bunch of amateurs directing.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember the basics and why you hired talent to start with. It is discouraging to be under utilized and knowing there is not much room to grow. Re-organize some of the knuckle heads that are running your company!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Exciting, growing company

ProsThey are one of the few companies successfully developing at this time, which means that there will be more opportunities here in 1 - 2 years. They build beautiful hotels & the senior leadership is very involved in the business.

ConsIt's a new company, still learning & operating pretty lean corporate staff. Not much spare cash to share.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your team

No growth potential

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat people to work with

ConsNo growth potential; lack of pay increases; no communication; too top heavy

Great caring people who value family and treat their employees well

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat management team who is easy to work with, sets clear goals and expectations, and helps you acheive them. Benefits are decent and work/life balance is good. Good resume-building company.

ConsPossibly as a result of being based in SC where it is extremely cheap to live, company management doesn't respect cost of living differences. Pay is not very good unless you live in Spartanburg, SC, which is where they prefer you live but simply isn't realistic for many people.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore company profit needs to trickle down to the employees. If the company isn't making a profit then more of the perks need to be cut from upper management so that some profit can be made and shared.

still needs a lot of work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosgood people, growth opportunities, cross training

Consbudgeting, high turnover, compensation and low benefits

Advice to Senior Managementkeep your word, be more informative to the staff

Get your Branded Hotel Experience elsewhere

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosbeautiful hotels. some, more like few, at corporate are incredible and really truly care about the company. o

ConsCOO is a very unprofessional person. cares only about himself. Does't care about the team at all. HR is a joke. Nothing is confidential or objective. Turnover is outrageous and there is so much pressure to perform that it's focus is all about dollars and could care less about team members...because "everyone can be replaced"...well, replace the COO. CEO is a great person but perhaps focused too much on development and growth and not involved anymore in daily operation. COO covers things up so it doesn't reach CEO. They talk the talk but never walk the walk

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a new Executive Leadership Team, from COO, to VP of HR to Regional Directors. Too self centered.

They just care about money

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNew Hotels, they work with great hotel brands such as Hyatt, Marriott, Hilton.

ConsThey don't appreciate their employes, the "open door" policy doesn't work, low pay for line associates.

Advice to Senior ManagementDoesn't matter if the Hotels are new and beautiful if the associates are unhappy the guests are going to be disappointed (Hospitality 101)

Very disappointing ! OTO does not have a Culture in place.

ProsThe Front line employees work very hard.
    They have beautiful and new hotels.
    They work with great Hotel Brands such as Hyatt, Hilton & Marriott.

ConsCorporate just care about money, no employee recognition program.
    They try to have as many part time employee as possible.
    Horrible communication between corporate, hotel managers & staff.
    Upper management don't take the time to carefully look for competent GMs.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake the time to know your staff. We are not just numbers. Beautiful hotels any one can have but a outstanding team that is proud of their job take a lot of work and commitment.
    Don't hire your GM & AGM based in only 1 interview or 2.

Worked for OTO Development? Contribute to the Community!