OTO Development Reviews

Updated February 10, 2015
16 reviews filtered by
2.4
Corry Oakes

1. Worst employer to work! No recognition or appreciation for hard work. No growth or opportunity! Low wages & no benefit!

Current Employee - Housekeeping in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Housekeeping in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at OTO Development full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I work here because of location and proximity close to where I live but looking for other opportunity elsewhere.

Cons

Management put priority on guests 1st and employees last. No growth opportunity for advancement and they treat employees like disposable and they don't value or appreciate hard work from employees. Low wages with no benefits.

Advice to Management

Management need to appreciate and recognize the staff team members hard work.

2. Results oriented, driven but at the same time caring and family oriented

I have been working at OTO Development full-time (more than a year)

Pros

It feels like family because it is really a team of people working together to accomplish goals. The new hotels and continued growth is exciting because it presents more opportunity. You have the ability to make your mark and try new things if you choose to make the effort. The people really make this company a great place to work.

Cons

It's hard work and there are high expectations for results. But it wouldn't be worth doing otherwise!

OTO development is one of the worst companies to work for!

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at OTO Development full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I can honestly say the best thing about working for an OTO Hotel (Hyatt Place) would be our guests. Nothing else!

Cons

management is crap! They don't care about their workers which is front desk, housekeeping, Houseman, maintenance, everyone! We don't have human resource on site, there's a lot of favoritism, discrimination and no type of recognition. Not one thank you! The general manager is a nice guy but does not know one thing about working for this hotel which makes it difficult for the actual assistant manager to do his job because he has to do the general managers job as well! Since the assistant manager can't do his job we have to do his job plus our job plus everyone else isn't doing their job because management can't discipline. Another thing is that every time you try to talk to the general manager or assistant manager about a problem they can't help you or they have an attitude. It seems like the front desk is running the hotel and for the crappy pay they give us, it's to much work. Even guests complain about management and instead of OTO looking into it, they do NOTHING! I can keep on going on how HORRIBLE it is to work for this company but it would be a never ending story. They are waiting for a lawsuit to get them!

Advice to Management

My advice to management would be to ACTUALLY MANAGE! Appreciate your employees and MAYBE then you will have a successful hotel and make way more money with happy employees.

No growth potential

I worked at OTO Development

Pros

Great people to work with

Cons

No growth potential; lack of pay increases; no communication; too top heavy

Get your Branded Hotel Experience elsewhere

I worked at OTO Development full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

beautiful hotels. some, more like few, at corporate are incredible and really truly care about the company. o

Cons

COO is a very unprofessional person. cares only about himself. Does't care about the team at all. HR is a joke. Nothing is confidential or objective. Turnover is outrageous and there is so much pressure to perform that it's focus is all about dollars and could care less about team members...because "everyone can be replaced"...well, replace the COO. CEO is a great person but perhaps focused too much on development and growth and not involved anymore in daily operation. COO covers things up so it doesn't reach CEO. They talk the talk but never walk the walk

Advice to Management

Get a new Executive Leadership Team, from COO, to VP of HR to Regional Directors. Too self centered.

They just care about money

I worked at OTO Development full-time (more than a year)

Pros

New Hotels, they work with great hotel brands such as Hyatt, Marriott, Hilton.

Cons

They don't appreciate their employes, the "open door" policy doesn't work, low pay for line associates.

Advice to Management

Doesn't matter if the Hotels are new and beautiful if the associates are unhappy the guests are going to be disappointed (Hospitality 101)

A great place to learn and grow

I have been working at OTO Development full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

You're able to assume a lot of responsibility quickly and to see the results from your efforts. I like the autonomy to run my own organization and there are great people in the company who help me get things done. The company continues to grow and there are lots of opportunities if you live or can move to the places where the growth is happening.

Cons

The investors are pretty tight with cash for rewarding management and employees.

Great caring people who value family and treat their employees well

I worked at OTO Development full-time

Pros

Great management team who is easy to work with, sets clear goals and expectations, and helps you acheive them. Benefits are decent and work/life balance is good. Good resume-building company.

Cons

Possibly as a result of being based in SC where it is extremely cheap to live, company management doesn't respect cost of living differences. Pay is not very good unless you live in Spartanburg, SC, which is where they prefer you live but simply isn't realistic for many people.

Advice to Management

More company profit needs to trickle down to the employees. If the company isn't making a profit then more of the perks need to be cut from upper management so that some profit can be made and shared.

Very disappointing ! OTO does not have a Culture in place.

I have been working at OTO Development full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The Front line employees work very hard.
    They have beautiful and new hotels.
    They work with great Hotel Brands such as Hyatt, Hilton & Marriott.

Cons

Corporate just care about money, no employee recognition program.
    They try to have as many part time employee as possible.
    Horrible communication between corporate, hotel managers & staff.
    Upper management don't take the time to carefully look for competent GMs.

Advice to Management

Take the time to know your staff. We are not just numbers. Beautiful hotels any one can have but a outstanding team that is proud of their job take a lot of work and commitment.
    Don't hire your GM & AGM based in only 1 interview or 2.

Pretty good culture

I have been working at OTO Development full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They work hard & hire great people

Cons

Helps if you are "connected" to the owner