OU Medical Center

Be The First To
Add Photos

OU Medical Center President & CEO Cole C. Eslyn

Cole C. Eslyn

I love working for OU Medical center, in the transplant unit for the hospital atmosphere and the experience I gained.

Medical Biller/Patient Registration (Former Employee) Oklahoma City, OK

ProsThe best reason for me to work there is because I really wanted to work in a hospital/clinic atmosphere and the job gave me a lot of experience in the vast medical billing field. I would like to return to hospital setting but I'm willing to work myself up the ladder with work experience to be able to return to the hospital medical unit.

ConsThe one challenge I experienced while here at this job was trying to track down a Dr to verify his notes, for any errors a Dr had in his coding/notes etc.

Advice to Senior ManagementI feel there should of been more availability for me as a medical biller to ask direct questions to the Dr or his nurse if I had any problems with what I had to deal with as far as billing.

Great place, great people!!

Sterile Processing/Distribution Tech II (Former Employee) Oklahoma City, OK

ProsOU... Great Place, Great People!! Competitive wages. Good benefits.

ConsNot too much room for advancement unless you get lucky!

Great Hospital

Assistant (Current Employee) Oklahoma City, OK

ProsNice culture, good people and warm environment

Conslow pay rates compared to other hospitals

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good experience

ProsLots of team work with a friendly atmosphere.

ConsNeeds better staffing, the nurse to patient ratio is too high, with not enough nursing assistants.

good company

Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) Oklahoma City, OK

Prosgood mangers that don't micro manage you. working in the outpatient areas gives you standard hours while working in the emergency room you are bound to crazy shifts.
    company offers paid holidays.

Consno room for advancement be prepared to stay in the same role until someone retires or leaves.
    poor benefits
    poor pay
    paid holidays but you must use out of your PTO bucket rather than the company paying for it.

great place to work in oklahoma

Research (Former Employee) Oklahoma City, OK

Prosflexible work environment. great place

Consno cons experienced to report.

Advice to Senior Managementno advive

Nice Benefits and Pay for the Area

Maintenance (Current Employee) Oklahoma City, OK

ProsSolid place to work and many people have been here for several years.

ConsTo much Red Tape and an outside company (Sodexo) hired to Manage our department. It appears that Sodexo is slowing taking over our Department. They are constantly hiring more management and they cannot fill our open positions.

Advice to Senior ManagementTalk to the people who actually work for OUMC and stop accepting the opinions of outside self-promoting company.

Good people, horrible HR

Registrar (Former Employee) Edmond, OK

ProsDecent benefits, good coworkers, fast-paced environment, tons of learning opportunities, decent chances of advancement

ConsFor registration only: horrible pay, too many responsibilities, no one ever gets fired for any reason unless they will NOT receive unemployment

Advice to Senior ManagementNone. Management is amazing, but they can't do much of anything without HRs approval. HR is absolutely DREADFUL to deal with.

OU Medical Center is a top notch employer.

Anesthesiologist (Current Employee) Oklahoma City, OK

ProsGood people. Great variety of cases. Dedicated to providing the best patient care possible and has programs developed to help achieve that.

ConsSome of the patient population is difficult to work with.

It's a job

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Oklahoma City, OK

ProsThis job is just ok. The benefits and pay I receive I believe are very good.

ConsThe management shows favoritism to employees. Employees are not praised or rewarded adequately unless they are a boss' "pet." When higher management is aware of this but doesn't listen, you know there is a problem...

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to what people are telling you. They will only work so hard out of fear of losing their job

Worked for OU Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!