Oak Beverages

Not yet rated.

Debra E. Boening

Not a bad place to work

Sales Representative (Current Employee) Brooklyn, NY

ProsI understood the monthly incentive program, and hit it every month. Those that ignore this, won't make the great money.
    Good place to work if you are self motivated. I was glad that Oak let me develop my own territory.
    Trucks deliver every weekday, so easy to keep fresh product in.
    Best Holiday schedule ever.

ConsOak is slow in paying out the bonuses, so you are usually 30 days behind. Alot of time is spent on picking up money from accounts.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed a faster inventory system

What it is like to work here

Sales Representative (Former Employee)

ProsYou get to meet some really nice customers

ConsThis is not a 40 hour a week job. You wind up working evening and weekends and there is no extra compensation. No vacation days until you are there for 1 year.

short

Sales Manager (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsThey have a decent portfolio of products, some are excellent.

ConsGM didn't understand the craft category. He liked to control his employees so that only the weak stayed with him. I asked every week for my expense money and every week I was given an addition to the procedure. That last denial came when I was told the report needed a paper clip not, a staple. He walked away and I found a new job the next day. I never did get the expense money.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere has been a change in management since I left and I hope it's a change for the better.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Rude, condescending, vulgar and unprofessional upper management.

Sales Representative (Former Employee) Blauvelt, NY

ProsWorking for a beer distributor is kind of a perk in and of itself, and they do give you a generous employee discount on their products. Also, there is great camaraderie between sales reps and lower-level management, I suppose as a result of our understanding that the company treats everyone equally terribly.

ConsWhere to begin... What they pay is not remotely close to enough to live on anywhere in the NY metro area. Monthly incentives and supplier incentives are paid 5-6 months late if even at all. When management closes the office due to inclement weather they dock all employees a vacation day. In the time I worked there I was promised three different promotions, none of which ever materialized. They provide horrendous customer service, including but not limited to refusing to accept returns of defective kegs, damaged cases and outdated product, which in turn reflects poorly on the sales reps. Upper-level management scream, yell, curse and belittle everyone below them as if they are all idiots with no idea how to do their jobs, and purposely keep objectives, policies and rules vague and undocumented so they can change them to suit their purposes as they see fit and without notifying anyone of the changes.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe guidelines of this website will not permit me to say what I would really like to tell the management of Oak Beverages.

Worked for Oak Beverages? Contribute to the Community!