Oak Grove Technologies Reviews

1 Rating

1. A good place to work

Current Employee - Instructional Designer in Alexandria, VA
    Current Employee - Instructional Designer in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at Oak Grove Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Oak Grove has given me ample opportunity to grow my skills. I manage a team of designers and developers producing courses for deployment across the Web and in the classroom. The best part of my job at Oak Grove is the team of professionals with whom I work. They are highly skilled, produce consistent high quality work, and are fun to collaborate with!

Cons

We have transitioned to a work from home environment. This meant a shift in approach from managing by location to managing by results. It seems to be working out to everyone's benefit.
    One challenge is the cost of parking and public transportation, which is borne by the individual employee who still works in the office full time. We're located in a metro area where land values are high, so our transportation costs are high, too. Other than that, everything else is fine.

Advice to Management

I would welcome the opportunity to learn more about other parts of the company. We offer myriad services across a broad spectrum of disciplines and it's sometimes difficult to keep up with what other parts of the company are doing. An opportunity to share our achievements would be rewarding, since it might reveal areas where we could collaborate.

2. All the good senior managers left

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

I worked at Oak Grove Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flex schedule. Most of the people are nice. Diverse projects. Opportunity to learn new things from a variety of perspectives.

Cons

Company structure is confusing. Underpaid, overworked. Favoritism. They don't always follow their own policies and don't listen to their employees concerns.

Advice to Management

Pay people what they're worth. Listen to your clients. Remove managers that practice favoritism and are down-right nasty. People don't want to work for nasty people.

RSS Feed </> Embed