Oak Harbor Freight Lines

Updated August 12, 2014
Updated August 12, 2014
1.8

Edward H. Vander Pol

A company with good pay and growth

I have been working at Oak Harbor Freight Lines

Pros

Good Staff and Good pay

Cons

No much for full time

This place is terrible

Former Employee - Dock Worker/Janitorial in Fontana, CA
    Former Employee - Dock Worker/Janitorial in Fontana, CA

I worked at Oak Harbor Freight Lines part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Consider dissusing what ? Compensation im laughing, leadership non exsistant , promotions forget it who is the captain of this sinking ship quick someone throw a life preserver

Cons

The whole company is a con dont expect to pass your probation if you have an emergency or if you call off 1 day you should just fire yourself

Does the titanic ring a bell

company used to be good but is now a joke.

I worked at Oak Harbor Freight Lines full-time (more than an year)

Pros

none, none, none, none, none, none

Cons

two co-owners never there and don't care, lots of drama, upper management won't train you, and if you complain you get in trouble. Very unprofessional company and claiming they are a company with christian values is an insult to christians. pretty eye opening when all the local headhunter agencies ask what is going on at Oak Harbor we have people coming in for interviews by the truckload.

try training your employees and helping when they ask for it instead of writing them up, quit allowing all the drama, and owners...try showing up to work once in awhile.

Oak Harbor Freight Line

Former Employee - Receptionist in Auburn, WA
    Former Employee - Receptionist in Auburn, WA

I worked at Oak Harbor Freight Lines (more than an year)

Pros

clean,friendly,interesting,local,updated systems, open to religious expression

Cons

lack of training,AR manager unprofessional, CFO is a lair

They think one person can do the job of 3 people... Customer Service

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Rodeo, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Rodeo, CA

I worked at Oak Harbor Freight Lines (less than an year)

Pros

Decent pay.. But not enough for what you are expected to do

Cons

They hire as a part time. Then they quickly change their minds and expect you to work during the hours that you aren't even able to work. Most of the time I put in almost 12 hrs and that was with no break except lunch. Yea by law you are required to take additional breaks but then you get yelled at if the phones aren't being answered. This management is nuts. They want to take a failing office and make it produce better but they aren't willing to provide the personal for it. To top it all off they pay so badly to nonunion drivers that they can't get decent drivers. Half of our drivers couldn't even park their trailers to do pick ups or deliveries. This in turn made for very pissed off customers. Every time that we weren't able to deliver I was asked to lie to the customers, which just pissed them off more. Then I was told to transfer the pissed off customers to the manager and when I did they yelled and got pissed off too.... Don't work here unless you want to feel like a failure at your job!!!

Take another look at how your business is run. It just seems like the business is just too big for its own good.

Favoritism

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Montebello, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Montebello, CA

I worked at Oak Harbor Freight Lines full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Some people there were very friendly and others would do and say things to get you in trouble with higher personnel.

Cons

To much laughing and messy around in the customer service department, ladies dressy unprofessional then or knows now.

Please do not fire anyone that the supervisors do not like because they are the ones that work the hardest. Make sure you do not hire friends to work in the same facility because work lacks professional appearance.

Good company unless you get injured

Former Employee - Forklift Operator in Auburn, WA
    Former Employee - Forklift Operator in Auburn, WA

I worked at Oak Harbor Freight Lines full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

good union benefits, good pay, good hours. Was able to get forklift certefied on site

Cons

When you get injured like I did they forget about you like they did for me. Didn't offer light duty

Fire yourselfs

Use to be a place you were proud to work for. Those days are a memory now.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Auburn, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Auburn, WA

I have been working at Oak Harbor Freight Lines

Pros

They are union. Teamsters, even the office staff. Union benefits are great and support working families, improving the quality of life.

Cons

Ownership greed and lack of caring for long time employees. Too many chiefs not enough indians. Most management are new to the company and don't truly have long time employees respect.

You can't put a price on loyalty and hardworking employees, no matter what the hourly wage says. Those are priceless. Stop trying to micromanage employees. We are all trained at our jobs and are capable of being productive and contributing to the success of Oak Harbor without much input from management.

Great company if you're at a Non-union terminal

I have been working at Oak Harbor Freight Lines

Pros

Great pay, and benefits. company cares. In spite of all the mud slinging from the union if you look outside oak Harbor where else are you going to get 21.00 per hour with full family medical and a company paid for pension. I make enough to allow my wife to stay home and raise our kids and we still have enough to have fun.

Cons

part of the company are represented by teamsters union. the drivers don't get it that the teamsters fight with the company is all about maintaining thier trust funds, it really has nothing to do with what is good for employees. if the union could keep their trust funds in the contract by throwing the employees under the bus they would. fortunately the owners care more for their employees than the union does.

get the best deal you can in the negotiations. educate the employees on what the union representatives are really like.

Lack of respect for labor

I have been working at Oak Harbor Freight Lines

Pros

they have good equipment but it comes out labor paychecks

Cons

management and lack of respect from owners. If it was'nt for the labor unions this place would be a joke. Oak harbor was a very respectable truck carrier and people were proud to work for them. Nowwe are the joke of the industry. The workforce is so fed up with these owners that they hate even coming to work now. Alot of people put alot of hours in everyday, they sweat oak harbor and bleed oak harbor. And by the end of the day you have to hear what you could have done better or what the owners want to take for us next

Senior management is nothing but a bunch of union breakers. They dont care about how long or hard you work everyday. Its all about numbers. And from the owners down, the lack of respect for good labor is zero to none and that is sad