Oak Harbor Freight Lines

Updated Jul 17, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Edward H. Vander Pol

Good company unless you get injured

Forklift Operator (Former Employee) Auburn, WA

Prosgood union benefits, good pay, good hours. Was able to get forklift certefied on site

ConsWhen you get injured like I did they forget about you like they did for me. Didn't offer light duty

Advice to Senior ManagementFire yourselfs

This place is terrible

Dock Worker/Janitorial (Former Employee) Fontana, CA

ProsConsider dissusing what ? Compensation im laughing, leadership non exsistant , promotions forget it who is the captain of this sinking ship quick someone throw a life preserver

ConsThe whole company is a con dont expect to pass your probation if you have an emergency or if you call off 1 day you should just fire yourself

Advice to Senior ManagementDoes the titanic ring a bell

company used to be good but is now a joke.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosnone, none, none, none, none, none

Constwo co-owners never there and don't care, lots of drama, upper management won't train you, and if you complain you get in trouble. Very unprofessional company and claiming they are a company with christian values is an insult to christians. pretty eye opening when all the local headhunter agencies ask what is going on at Oak Harbor we have people coming in for interviews by the truckload.

Advice to Senior Managementtry training your employees and helping when they ask for it instead of writing them up, quit allowing all the drama, and owners...try showing up to work once in awhile.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Oak Harbor Freight Line

Receptionist (Former Employee) Auburn, WA

Prosclean,friendly,interesting,local,updated systems, open to religious expression

Conslack of training,AR manager unprofessional, CFO is a lair

They think one person can do the job of 3 people... Customer Service

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Rodeo, CA

ProsDecent pay.. But not enough for what you are expected to do

ConsThey hire as a part time. Then they quickly change their minds and expect you to work during the hours that you aren't even able to work. Most of the time I put in almost 12 hrs and that was with no break except lunch. Yea by law you are required to take additional breaks but then you get yelled at if the phones aren't being answered. This management is nuts. They want to take a failing office and make it produce better but they aren't willing to provide the personal for it. To top it all off they pay so badly to nonunion drivers that they can't get decent drivers. Half of our drivers couldn't even park their trailers to do pick ups or deliveries. This in turn made for very pissed off customers. Every time that we weren't able to deliver I was asked to lie to the customers, which just pissed them off more. Then I was told to transfer the pissed off customers to the manager and when I did they yelled and got pissed off too.... Don't work here unless you want to feel like a failure at your job!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementTake another look at how your business is run. It just seems like the business is just too big for its own good.

Favoritism

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Montebello, CA

ProsSome people there were very friendly and others would do and say things to get you in trouble with higher personnel.

ConsTo much laughing and messy around in the customer service department, ladies dressy unprofessional then or knows now.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease do not fire anyone that the supervisors do not like because they are the ones that work the hardest. Make sure you do not hire friends to work in the same facility because work lacks professional appearance.

Use to be a place you were proud to work for. Those days are a memory now.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Auburn, WA

ProsThey are union. Teamsters, even the office staff. Union benefits are great and support working families, improving the quality of life.

ConsOwnership greed and lack of caring for long time employees. Too many chiefs not enough indians. Most management are new to the company and don't truly have long time employees respect.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou can't put a price on loyalty and hardworking employees, no matter what the hourly wage says. Those are priceless. Stop trying to micromanage employees. We are all trained at our jobs and are capable of being productive and contributing to the success of Oak Harbor without much input from management.

Great company if you're at a Non-union terminal

Driver (Current Employee) Auburn, WA

ProsGreat pay, and benefits. company cares. In spite of all the mud slinging from the union if you look outside oak Harbor where else are you going to get 21.00 per hour with full family medical and a company paid for pension. I make enough to allow my wife to stay home and raise our kids and we still have enough to have fun.

Conspart of the company are represented by teamsters union. the drivers don't get it that the teamsters fight with the company is all about maintaining thier trust funds, it really has nothing to do with what is good for employees. if the union could keep their trust funds in the contract by throwing the employees under the bus they would. fortunately the owners care more for their employees than the union does.

Advice to Senior Managementget the best deal you can in the negotiations. educate the employees on what the union representatives are really like.

"The dog wags the tail"

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Auburn, WA

ProsCompetative pay and that's about it.

ConsDisrespectful towards employees. Have used the term "the dog wags the tail, not the other way around".

Advice to Senior ManagementThey are not very clear on what is expected of the employees, and are often hypocritical.

Lack of respect for labor

Driver (Current Employee) Auburn, WA

Prosthey have good equipment but it comes out labor paychecks

Consmanagement and lack of respect from owners. If it was'nt for the labor unions this place would be a joke. Oak harbor was a very respectable truck carrier and people were proud to work for them. Nowwe are the joke of the industry. The workforce is so fed up with these owners that they hate even coming to work now. Alot of people put alot of hours in everyday, they sweat oak harbor and bleed oak harbor. And by the end of the day you have to hear what you could have done better or what the owners want to take for us next

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior management is nothing but a bunch of union breakers. They dont care about how long or hard you work everyday. Its all about numbers. And from the owners down, the lack of respect for good labor is zero to none and that is sad

Worked for Oak Harbor Freight Lines? Contribute to the Community!