Oak Mortgage Group Reviews

Living your mantra

Current Employee - Area Manager - Builder Relations in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Area Manager - Builder Relations in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Oak Mortgage Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Oak is full of ambitious employees, from top to bottom, that live in a culture of change in the industry as well as giving back to the less fortunate. Leadership has a clear and concise message and outlines how to effectively reach those goals. Co-workers carry out projects and goals as a team in an atmosphere of selflessness. Oak’s environment of team work, selflessness and ambitious change makes it a place that you are excited to go to everyday.

Cons

A company with an ambitious growth plan must work with several departments and third party services to achieve success.

underwriter

Former Employee - Undergraduate Research Assistant in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Undergraduate Research Assistant in Dallas, TX

I worked at Oak Mortgage Group full-time

Pros

Great company to work for

Cons

None to say at that time

Excellent people, cutting-edge business, high vision and impact! Consistently expanding!

Current Employee - Office Manager, Loan Opener in Waco, TX
    Current Employee - Office Manager, Loan Opener in Waco, TX

I have been working at Oak Mortgage Group part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The culture of oak is magnetic. Leadership never settles and holds high vision. They value quality both for the company and for their clients. We have fun outings and incentives! As the company continues to grow there are training's and meetings that follow to support the vision. Everyone is willing to partner in reaching the goals and vision of Oak Mortgage Group both in the US and across the world through Oak for the Oppressed.

Cons

We are consistently growing and it's hard to keep clear and constant communication. There is a learning curve and growing pains to be had for any business.

Positive outlook for the future!!

Current Employee - RESIDENTIAL MORTGAGE LOAN OFFICER in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - RESIDENTIAL MORTGAGE LOAN OFFICER in Austin, TX

I have been working at Oak Mortgage Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are several things about the Oak Mortgage Group that I find very positive. There is a breadth of experience among the Senior Executives (Origination, Processing/Underwriting, Builder Operations, Strategic Marketing, etc..). The Company has a lot of energy and a passion for continuous improvement. I am looking forward to the opportunity to participate in the growth of the Company.

Cons

My role is new to the Company and the Leadership Team is working to roll out the new programs and operations procedures.

Advice to Management

I appreciate the updates from the Senior Executives about the strategic plans for the Company. Keep up the good work on the operations development and alignment between the Dallas, Waco, and Austin Teams..

Oak: Not your average Mortgage Bank

Current Employee - Loan Officer in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Loan Officer in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Oak Mortgage Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I like being in an environment where the plan is to disrupt and challenge the status quo. I want to be around the best, most talented, passionate people there are in my field. Oak has all of these - I'm proud to be a part.

Cons

We need a bigger ping pong table! More parties!

What an awesome place to go to work and call family! I love working for Oak Mortgage Group!

Current Employee - Vice President of Central Texas in Waco, TX
    Current Employee - Vice President of Central Texas in Waco, TX

I have been working at Oak Mortgage Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I enjoy the culture of Oak Mortgage Group and have never worked in a place where I've felt like my job made a difference outside of the workplace until I started working here. I feel like I work in a team environment. Leadership is supporting and forward thinking. Compensation is only limited by oneself.

Cons

The industry we work in can be a high stress environment but Oak puts processes into place to try to help with any opportunities!

Unbelievable Ride that Keeps Getting Better!

Current Employee - Loan Originator in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Loan Originator in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Oak Mortgage Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are a lot of pros to working with Oak Mortgage that you don't see at other companies. As a loan officer I believe their compensation package is among the best in the industry, along with their support and willing to help you grow in not only your professional life, but all areas of life. Its very easy to get caught up in your daily work life and look up and realize you aren't really helping humanity. I love working at Oak because they are always focused on others, how can we help the customer have a better experience, how can we contribute more to those in Abject Poverty, etc. Seeing where we can come from in the year and half I have been here I could not be more excited on where this company is headed!

Cons

There aren't really, you always have your occasional miscommunication or industry related problems, but what I like best is usually any problem that arises it is addressed quickly.

Advice to Management

Keep changing the game! The mortgage industry is know for being slow adapters and not being open to change. The more we can be trend setters and not followers the more we can make a difference in this industry.

May 21, 2014 – CMO

It makes us so excited to see your passion and enthusiasm! It's also encouraging to see your feeling towards our passion to help people in all areas and walks of life. Great team members with a heart ... More

I'm proud to be a part of a company that truly cares and helps people

Current Employee - Residential Loan Mortgage Originator in Waco, TX
    Current Employee - Residential Loan Mortgage Originator in Waco, TX

I have been working at Oak Mortgage Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love the people I work with - exceptional company culture Filled with purpose in helping people become home owners and empowering those out of poverty Commitment to excellence

Cons

Oak will constantly look to grow and improve - if you don't like change this is not the company for you

Advice to Management

Continue to be wise in who you hire to protect the culture that we aim to remain central

It's my family

Current Employee - RMLO in Waco, TX
    Current Employee - RMLO in Waco, TX

I have been working at Oak Mortgage Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been here for 3 years now, when I came on it was at the request of my best friend and CEO, Holden Thomas. I was concerned it would ruin the friendship but was intrigued with the idea of growing and working in the industry. I can tell you it hasn't all been roses, but man I have grown so much personally, financially and in friendship with others. You will be pushed for excellence, challenged to change, and invited to impact the world around you. I love Oak, its my family.

Cons

You will be pushed for excellence. Like a mouse who's cheese is moved, will you really be ok with this? I am an entrepreneur and used to running my show. The sales manager and awesome training have pushed me in areas I needed. Come if you want the push. I guess that is a "con"

Advice to Management

Keep going!

May 21, 2014 – CMO

What a great review! Thanks for the feedback and for being willing to be pushed and pursue excellence!

I have a purpose and meaning going into work everyday!

I have been working at Oak Mortgage Group

Pros

Oak is a place where we not only help people with their mortgage but we get a chance at making a difference in people's lives all across the world!

Cons

I enjoy work so much it's sometimes hard to go home

Advice to Management

Don't lose focus and continue to make Oak a better place to work each and every day!

May 21, 2014 – CMO

Our biggest passion for all Oak team members is to find meaning and purpose in your work here. So glad you feel this every day!

RSS Feed </> Embed