Oakland County, MI

Oakland County, MI Reviews

Updated Jul 27, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Best work experience learned and work with new software and hardware everyday .

Customer Support Specialist Tech I (Current Employee) Pontiac, MI

ProsGreat work place , great people , and lots of new thing to learn .

ConsI am only a contract employee so I don't get full benefits .

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up good work .

Not all it's cracked up to be.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe Pros to working here are good pay, OK Benefits, Good Time off, and they stay up on technology which means your not working on a 15 year old computer.

ConsSome of the challenges to working at this job are leadership and promotions. Management here is not concerned with promoting employees unless those employees suck up to the managers. Promotions are not done on based on how hard you work or how much you know. In fact, the people that do the bare minimum are the ones that get rewarded.

Advice to Senior ManagementReward the people the go above and beyond. Stop forgetting where you came from and that you once started out at the bottom.

Overall, it's been great. Lots of opportunity for experience. Great collaborations with other partners and agencies.

Health Education (Current Employee) Pontiac, MI

ProsGreat pay, benefits, tuition reimbursement, great experience in public health. Great collaborations with other partners and agencies. Opportunities to move up or to other county divisions.

Conspolitics, too many bosses, not flexible at times.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Benefits are nice - environment is not.

Account Clerk I (Current Employee) Pontiac, MI

ProsGreat benefits and job security

ConsPoor management, poor employee communication.

Intern - 2012

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros-Close to home for me, but great people and coworkers. Great learning experience!

ConsNone of that I can think of

Office Assistant

Office Assistant (Current Employee)

ProsGreat training, Good management support.

ConsAs part time benefits not available.

Dead End Job

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWork / Life balance can be good depending on team.

ConsThe morale there was terrible. What would one expect when Senior Management will NOT promote from within. Any and all Supervisory positions are filled with people from the outside. An interesting contrary narrative to the managements statements that the workforce is appreciated and well respected. Don't work here if you can avoid it because you will not be able to advance your career without leaving like I did.

very nice place to work

Assistant Prosecuting Attorney (Current Employee) Pontiac, MI

ProsOakland County is a nice place to work. Good benefits, good vacation time, numerous paid government holidays, health and wellness screenings, exercise classes available at lunch, nice people

ConsTypical bureaucracy. There’s a ceiling to the amount of upward mobility. Promotions not always based on merit.

Was good while I was at school. Not good after..

ProsFlexible work schedule while I was in College

ConsTotal lack of opportunity. The job you get hired into is the one you are stuck in unless you are friends with the right people in management. It is an uneven playing field and they keep trying to do more with less

Advice to Senior ManagementStop playing favorites and create more opportunities for your employees

Great place to work for motivated individules

Inspector (Current Employee) Waterford, MI

ProsGreat benefits and good compensation

Consthere are no real cons working here

Advice to Senior Managementkeep on doing what you are doing

Worked for Oakland County, MI? Contribute to the Community!