Oakleaf Partnership

Updated March 31, 2015
8 reviews filtered by
4.2
Richard Colgan

1. The ideal first step into recruitment!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I worked at Oakleaf Partnership full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I joined Oakleaf a number of years ago as a fresh graduate and it turned out to be the perfect launch pad to career in recruitment. In keeping with the company ethos I was handed a great deal of responsibility, client management and business development opportunities well ahead of my experience levels, which was the perfect way to learn the trade. With continual guidance and support from the senior management team and co-workers, you're given the opportunity to learn a lot, quickly.

Oakleaf Partnership provided what I felt to be a very entrepreneurial and fast-paced environment, where hard work is encouraged and a sense of humour a must! It's a testament to my time there that I'm still in touch with a number of the current team and OP alumni.

Cons

Not necessarily a con, but you will be expected to work at pace and like with any entrepreneurial firm, you need to be a self-driven to make the most of the opportunities and comfortable taking the responsibility that comes with it.

2. Committed team, common goal, consistent leadership team.

Current Employee - Recruiter in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Recruiter in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Oakleaf Partnership

Pros

The Oakleaf Partnership is a refreshingly honest place to work. The brand provides a great platform for recruiters at all levels to develop their presence in the market. Staff are trusted and empowered by management to get on with the job. Its unusual but the focus really is on quality of service and providing professional, advisory recruitment partnership to clients and candidates across the board.

Cons

Just that expectations are high; but the support is there when needed.

Advice to Management

Maintain the current culture as the company continues to grow.

3. Forever changing, honest and fun organisation

I have been working at Oakleaf Partnership full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

In short it is great fun! The business is fast paced, innovative, non hierarchical and outputs focused. Oakleaf is flexible enough to have a variety of long term career options giving consultants the opportunity to really design their own career path. The management team lead from the front and are open to hearing about new initiatives no matter what level you are within the business.

Cons

We are still growing and although this is an exciting time it does also mean that you have to have to be prepared to stand on your own two feet.

Advice to Management

Keep listening.

5. Top class business

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Oakleaf Partnership

Pros

Oakleaf is a superb business to work for. Since joining the organisation I have been promoted once and am aiming for another. As well as the promotion I genuinely feel well recognised by business and believe that all of the employees would agree. There is the chance to take on extra responsibilities and get involved with a number of projects internally and externally. Culturally it is a great environment to work in with a great mix of experienced and junior staff. The Senior Leadership Team are exceptionally experienced within the market and have not only a clear vision for the business but a very successful one.

Cons

Some people are not pushed hard enough.

Advice to Management

Keep on trucking!

6. Innovative, fun and busy!

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant

I have been working at Oakleaf Partnership full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

A great culture - your ideas are valued and you have the chance to act on them with the backing to do it
    Strong brand and highly respected in the market - a huge amount of business is repeat or via recommendation
    Internal opportunities - new divisions and expansion - the business is growing
    Great bunch of people to work with and very social
    Very high levels of support, especially from your peers

Cons

Not really a con but expectations are high (and fair) and you have to love recruiting and want to put the work in to be successful here - you are rewarded well for it

7. Too political!

Former Employee - Recruiter in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Recruiter in London, England (UK)

I worked at Oakleaf Partnership full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Some great consultants work there and if your face fits then you should get on.

Cons

Uncompetitive bonus scheme
    Weak senior management who don't practice what they preach!
    High staff turnover

8. Shoddy candidate experience

I have been working at Oakleaf Partnership

Pros

Supposed to be a professional HR agency

Cons

Having established personal contact either by phone or in person - no follow up as agreed by them. In fact, no contact at all. If they do not want to represent candidates, then they should be honest enough to say that! Cannot believe they are overwhelmed for each job they are trying to fill .... mainly because they do not respond to candidates, its a wonder that anyone wants them to represent them! Also some of the adverts are poor quality with little due diligence undertaken by the consultant. For example, not knowing the difference between Surrey and Berkshire... in terms of location.

9. Your Vision, Our Passion - great company to work for

Current Employee - Founder & Managing Partner in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Founder & Managing Partner in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Oakleaf Partnership full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Well run, professional, fun - totally customer-centric business. We try incredibly hard to deliver a progressive offering.

Cons

Quite demanding but very supportive culture. It's all about output not input - not about beating people with endless (meaningless) KPIs.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!!

Oakleaf Partnership Photos