Oakley Reviews

Reset
3.4
Oakley CEO Colin Baden
Colin Baden

Pros
  • Very cool work environment, upbeat with a progressive vibe (in 17 reviews)

• Amazing work life balance, still corporate but you can work out during lunch breaks and adhere to a casual dress code (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Constant conflicting directives from silo-ed upper management, resulting in fire drills (in 10 reviews)

• Then compound this wiaht no career path and pay which is at least 15-20% below the area average (in 4 reviews)

1. decent

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Oakley full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

pretty decent discount and get to see a lot of cool stuff and people come through the dooes

Cons

its retail. what else do i need to say

No Loyalty, toxic environment to work, revolving door

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Foothill Ranch, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Foothill Ranch, CA

Pros

nothing not a dayam thing

Cons

Luxattica take over resulting in 300+ people being laid off. Owner wants to double the business by 2018 with less people, less time, more work. My manager said "I don't care. There is 24 hours in a day and 7 day's a week" I've seen people go in and out of Oakley. Company can't keep good workers here. Some that have been here for 20+ years is only here because no other company will hire them. Many non college grad managers. management abuses good workers and bully them. Very old school thinking here at Oakley. Uses negative reinforcement instead of positive reinforcement. Glad I am being recruited out by a better company. People are jumping form this sinking ship. Mic drop

3. Stay Away from Customer Service

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative III in Foothill Ranch, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative III in Foothill Ranch, CA

I worked at Oakley full-time (More than a year)

Pros

When dealing with non-management people, it's great. The CSRs tend to get along really well. The Supervisors are really good (not a bad on on the team). The employee discount is pretty cool. The customers are pretty easy to deal with, but on occasion can get out of control. The Training team is awesome so I started out really prepared to do good (which I did).

Cons

Lots of reps have left the business due to recent changes. So, there is rarely any breaks between calls now. PAY: Pay is weak. If you plan on joining the company because you think you will get opportunities elsewhere in the company, that's a possibility. But across the board, pay tends to be low. In Customer Service, you start out as a temporary without benefits. If you perform (which I did), you will have a chance to get hired on. But unfortunately, the best temps don't always get hired on. It wasn't always that way, so I'm not sure what changed. MANAGEMENT: About as bad as it gets. They are getting rid of the good managers and keeping the worst one of the group. One Manager they let go was super cool, treated people well, respected the job we did, and was open and honest. Unfortunately, he had a enough of the BS and left the company recently. The Manager they are keeping is fake. She only cares about herself and how she looks and honestly, will stop at nothing to destroy others (the Supervisors are very open and honest about sharing this!). So - beware! The only Manager staying there makes working at a great company, with a great brand, not great at all. As for the Director, she's nice, but non-existent. She rarely (if ever) spends time with the employees. I'm not sure she even knew who I was. And, she does nothing to address issues with the workforce management team (who can be quite rude at times).

Advice to Management

Bring back the strong managers. Eliminate the bad one. Hire the right people again. Increase the pay and give benefits to reps on day one!

5. Busiiness systems analyst

Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst
    Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst

I have been working at Oakley (Less than a year)

Pros

Work life balnce, good Products

Cons

Poor Vision, running for things,

Advice to Management

Implove forcasting

Machine operator

Former Employee - Machine Operator in Foothill Ranch, CA
    Former Employee - Machine Operator in Foothill Ranch, CA

I worked at Oakley (Less than a year)

Pros

When I was working at Oakley the process was very easy to learn. I also noticed that time went by fast. It was always easy to meet the quota since everything was so simple.

Cons

The cons were the employees at Oakley. They would gossip and say bad things about everybody. They would always be insulting each other and the people around them. Even the supervisors were the same.

Advice to Management

My advice to management would be to tell the employees to just work and stop bringing other people down by insulting them.

Sales Associate

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Oakley part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun, exciting work environment

Cons

Hard to put together some of the glass pieces

8. Great pleace to work

Current Employee - Production Operator in Mullingar, Co. Westmeath (Ireland)
    Current Employee - Production Operator in Mullingar, Co. Westmeath (Ireland)

Pros

Laid-back, fun atmosphere. Great people.

Cons

None. Everything about my experience has been wonderful.

Advice to Management

Hope things haven't changed, it was a great experience working for Oakley.

Laidback College Job

Current Employee - Sales Lead in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Sales Lead in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Oakley (Less than a year)

Pros

flexible, laidback, low stress, do-able work load

Cons

ineffecient processes in computer software and scanning abilities

Advice to Management

-upgrade the computers to be able to handle simple tasks that force several crashes weekly -incorporate mobile scanners to check inventories of other stores and current stock in an easier to read format -supply better organizational tools for eyewear, lenses, ear sock kits

10. Customer service rep

Pros

Great environment! Customer base is very easy to get along with

Cons

Have to be on top of your game when it comes to systems and learning how to deal with escalation s

Advice to Management

Keep the stoke high

Corporate Review

Pros

Lifestyle, Iconic Brand, Brand Strength, Oakley Family, Heritage, Overall Dedication and Team Environment.

Cons

A lot of silos and egos. A bit of a stressful place to be nowadays with the massive restructure. Inconsistent direction from the top down (multiple areas) or even lack of direction for that matter.

RSS Feed </> Embed