Oakley

www.oakley.com
Employer Engaged

Great Place to work, but it depends on the department you are in and who is running it.

Former Employee - Manager in Foothill Rnch, CA
    Former Employee - Manager in Foothill Rnch, CA

I worked at Oakley full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Exciting place to work always some cool activity going on. Great "can do" work ethic, very innovative products, lots of energy. People were generally open to trying new ideas. Strong desire to build or develop technologies rather than buy or lease them. Met some outstanding professionals while there and It was great experience.

Cons

Due to relatively low salaries they attract many people that are fairly new in their careers. There is a ton of inefficiency due to the lack of experience. There was not much real career growth opportunity, they would typically hire new roles from the outside rather than develop talent from within. No executive training or development programs that I am aware of. Vacation Policy: 10 days and 4 of those days had to be used during holiday shut down leaving you with 6 for the remainder of the year.

Oakley Employees work harder than those at any other company I have seen. They are passionate about what they do and the results show it. You need to adjust your vacation policies so that people who work hard can truly play hard. Develop your staff like you do your athletes.

Cool place to work on some days, wish I was compensated more

I have been working at Oakley

Pros

Fun atmosphere, good products. Access to employee sales which is a great place to get lots of product for significantly less than retail.

Cons

Tend to be underpaid due to the desirable "Culture" that is slowly dying since being bought out by Luxottica. Becoming more corporatized and less chill. Heard so many stories of crazy, fun, things happening and when I get here, I don't see any of it.

Amazing environment

I have been working at Oakley

Pros

Loved every minute of working with this organization! Great sales experience in a low stress environment.

Cons

No complaints, unless you are looking for a place that sucks. I had a great time wroth nameless throughout the training process!

It was okay

Former Employee - Sales Lead
    Former Employee - Sales Lead

I worked at Oakley full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The discount was the only positive thing about job. I mean people were cool but not great.

Cons

Too much micro management. No promotions. It was very hard to do what you as an employee to get things done.

Promote within

Manager

I have been working at Oakley

Pros

Benefits, Culture, Corporate, Loyal Employees, Family

Cons

work, work, work, work, work

I should of left years ago

Former Employee - Creative in Foothill Ranch, CA
    Former Employee - Creative in Foothill Ranch, CA

I worked at Oakley full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good benefits, medical, dental, vision, holiday time, sick time, 401k matching, overall great people.

Cons

A lot of work expected without market equivalent compensation. There is not a lot of extra training to help with the growth of your career. Managers can play favorites.

Operations Coordinator

I have been working at Oakley full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Casual dress and relaxing environment.

Cons

No chance of promotion. Leadership does not know how to prepare for the future.

Love the company, not the career path

I worked at Oakley

Pros

Amazing work life balance, still corporate but you can work out during lunch breaks and adhere to a casual dress code. The hiring process is very selective, so once you're in you're guaranteed to be a good fit with your fellow coworkers.

Cons

Flat organization. Lux is like the mothership trying to hold back their teenage son. Either the son grows up or .. gets into a lot of fights with the mothership. Both are currently happening.

It was okay...

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Waikïkï, HI
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Waikïkï, HI

I worked at Oakley part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great employee discount. Fun coworkers. Great training.

Cons

Learning the name of every pair of Oakley Glass's, and lenses, along with the specific use of each lens.

Sales

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Oakley

Pros

The discounts are pretty good and the people are great. A lot of opportunity to grow and develop. I was attacking school at the time and management was able to work with me and my availability.

Cons

Hours were a bit tough. It may have had to with my school schedule. Customers expected discounts that did not exist.