Oakton

Be The First To
Add Photos

Great Company - Prosperous & Ahead of the Game

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Melbourne (Australia)

ProsA great culture where you are valued, offered many opportunities and room to move around. Lovely people to work with. I feel Oakton is a true leader in the industry and it is great to be a part of the team.

ConsA little old school and stuck in the 'old' Oakton operations however there has been recent change and movement in the business that suggests this will most certainly be addressed.

Advice to Senior ManagementRecognise and reward - in any way you can -even the tiniest recognition can have a hug impact on the employee's performance, especially when it is comes from the top.

a boys club of 'yes' men & sales guys

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Canberra (Australia)

ProsThere are some good and experienced people here - but many more have left or are thinking about it.

ConsMore concerned with making a buck than providing anything like quality customer service.
    Poor staff management, poor communications, lack of understanding of IT delivery and the arrogance of senior management has to be seen to be believed.
    There is a core of senior management (boys club) who can repeatedly stuff up and are never held accountable. In fact accountability goes downwards and they will sacrifice others for there own mistakes.

Advice to Senior ManagementResign please, for the sake of others.

Over-promise under-deliver, always!

ProsVery little unless you are a 'yes' person with little interest in work ethic and personal dignity.
    Great environment to listen to your own voice and make promises that no one understands so long as it sounds positive.

ConsDoes not recognise expertise. Constant promises never to be realised. No investment in personnel. Implementation never matches strategy: Oakton-as-a-Service but people are still in a box.
    Senior management goes out of their ways to fail projects. Ego thrives at the middle and senior management level and they would rather spend millions in cover up than address the issues at the source.

Advice to Senior ManagementHarakiri!
    Stop believing your own lies and change the culture. Break the boys club and recognise the value in front of your eyes. Invest in your people and they may stay and work harder for you. Don't make promises you can't hold. Accept and acknowledge your weaknesses so you can improve and provide decent services to your customers.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A good place to work for experienced self-motivators

ProsSupportive culture; good employee collaboration and knowledge sharing; high employee engagement from senior management; good work-life balance compares to tier-1 consultancy

ConsLimited opportunities for large scale strategic consulting gigs

Very Nice

DWH Consultant (Former Employee) Hyderābād (India)

ProsFriendly and Flexible Work Environment

ConsI didn't found any Cons here

A mixed bag.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Melbourne (Australia)

ProsSadly, lower standards and hence less pressure to perform/deliver quality.

ConsInformation Management has a body-shop culture. They don't look after employees. In the 2 years that I have worked for this company I have hardly ever felt like I am a part of large consulting organization.

Advice to Senior ManagementSelling projects with no forethought towards timelines will do more harm than good to both the client and the consulting company.

work hard, minimal recognition, no investment in R&D, minimal innovation, but times are changing

Principal Consultant (Current Employee) Melbourne (Australia)

Prossome great people, good jobs, lots of variety

Conssnr. management can be too old fashioned, minimal innovation, too reactive ...

Advice to Senior Managementtake care of good people, invest in them, change the culture to attract and retain better people, become an employer of choice

Professional and has great management

Senior Consultant (Current Employee) Canberra (Australia)

ProsProfessional, flexible, culture and values are fantastic

ConsNone at all to be honest. Be honest, reliable and professional.

Drive your own career

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Melbourne (Australia)

ProsSupportive environment where you are encouraged to be proactive and drive your career forward, this is expected and supported by management. You work with a great bunch of people who are friendly and happy to assist.

ConsSome might struggle without guidance in terms of career opportunities available.

As work dries up, so does your future

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCertain teams can be very dedicated and enthusiastic.

The people in general are nice and typically very good at what they do.

ConsThis is one of those corporations who unabashedly operate like a body-shop.

They are very willing to let you stagnate in your career if it means they can maximize their profit

At the time of writing this company is struggling financially and they compensate by scrutinizing every cent spent

This is the sort of company that is happy to sub-contract/silo individuals to make money

This is the sort of place that will sell you to a client as an "expert" despite you never having seen the technology/product

Advice to Senior ManagementRe-think how you treat your employees that are "benched", stop demonizing those who are on the bench due to the incompetence of the sales team.

Hire a new sales team

Worked for Oakton? Contribute to the Community!