Oakton Reviews

Updated September 5, 2014
3.1

CEO

Satisfactory

Current Employee - Consultant Architect  in  Melbourne (Australia)
    Current Employee - Consultant Architect in Melbourne (Australia)

I have been working at Oakton full-time for more than a year

Pros

On the whole, management are open and approachable, work-mates tend to be competent and intelligent.
    There have been a couple of re-evaluations of the company position in the market (I am not sure if this is pro or con).

Cons

As with most consultancies they are more interested you being billable than whether you are suitable for the work or the work is suitable for you. Mileage may differ in other parts of the organisation.

Do not take chance with this company - oakton hyderabad

Current Employee - Senior Developer  in  Hyderābād (India)
    Current Employee - Senior Developer in Hyderābād (India)

I have been working at Oakton full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have worked less than 6 months with this company. I found lot of issues with their work culture. Managers are too worst and always do micro level management. They may pay you well, but you be like a slave in this company.

Cons

if you are ready to work 14 hrs a day then go for this company. lot of politics around you and this is not good for any associate.

Top management and managers need to be changed across the organisation, so that new blood will run this organization in better direction.

Declining company controlled by shallow leadership and sales team

I have been working at Oakton

Pros

- Maintains industry relationships with certain niche clients. This provides some good work for existing consultants
    - Has a lot of very bright employees
    - High turnover rate of employees contribute to the wider industry

Cons

- Middle to senior management are not inclusive in their plans, remain aloof, and treat employees as dispensable resources to be deployed and dumped at anytime.
    - Sales and senior leadership teams are led by very shallow individuals who are often unable to take advantage of real opportunities because they don't engage in much dialog with anyone but themsleves
    - Very little regard for employees careers, training or continuous improvement. Upward mobility is more focused on relationships and who you know
    - Continuously pushes a facade of professionalism which does not exist.
    - Makes empty promises to clients based on non-existent intellectual capital and then attempts to deliver or make up solutions on the fly
    - Your career is never stable at Oakton. I have observed lots of talented individuals being dumped for flaky reasons as soon as the market takes a down turn.
    - Oakton has a very high turnover rate with lots of ex Oakton employees found every where (Bad for our company but good for the industry)

- Develop an inclusive Company which listens to the voice of its employees and not just that of shallow individuals who have become powerful but lack imagination
    - Appreciate the talent of employees, treat them better and encourage innovation
    - Stop selling non-existent intellectual capital to clients and spend more time building intellectual capital

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Company - Prosperous & Ahead of the Game

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Melbourne (Australia)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

I have been working at Oakton full-time for more than a year

Pros

A great culture where you are valued, offered many opportunities and room to move around. Lovely people to work with. I feel Oakton is a true leader in the industry and it is great to be a part of the team.

Cons

A little old school and stuck in the 'old' Oakton operations however there has been recent change and movement in the business that suggests this will most certainly be addressed.

Recognise and reward - in any way you can -even the tiniest recognition can have a hug impact on the employee's performance, especially when it is comes from the top.

a boys club of 'yes' men & sales guys

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Canberra (Australia)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Canberra (Australia)

I have been working at Oakton full-time

Pros

There are some good and experienced people here - but many more have left or are thinking about it.

Cons

More concerned with making a buck than providing anything like quality customer service.
    Poor staff management, poor communications, lack of understanding of IT delivery and the arrogance of senior management has to be seen to be believed.
    There is a core of senior management (boys club) who can repeatedly stuff up and are never held accountable. In fact accountability goes downwards and they will sacrifice others for there own mistakes.

Resign please, for the sake of others.

Over-promise under-deliver, always!

I have been working at Oakton

Pros

Very little unless you are a 'yes' person with little interest in work ethic and personal dignity.
    Great environment to listen to your own voice and make promises that no one understands so long as it sounds positive.

Cons

Does not recognise expertise. Constant promises never to be realised. No investment in personnel. Implementation never matches strategy: Oakton-as-a-Service but people are still in a box.
    Senior management goes out of their ways to fail projects. Ego thrives at the middle and senior management level and they would rather spend millions in cover up than address the issues at the source.

Harakiri!
    Stop believing your own lies and change the culture. Break the boys club and recognise the value in front of your eyes. Invest in your people and they may stay and work harder for you. Don't make promises you can't hold. Accept and acknowledge your weaknesses so you can improve and provide decent services to your customers.

A good place to work for experienced self-motivators

I have been working at Oakton

Pros

Supportive culture; good employee collaboration and knowledge sharing; high employee engagement from senior management; good work-life balance compares to tier-1 consultancy

Cons

Limited opportunities for large scale strategic consulting gigs

Very Nice

Former Employee - DWH Consultant  in  Hyderābād (India)
    Former Employee - DWH Consultant in Hyderābād (India)

I worked at Oakton full-time for less than a year

Pros

Friendly and Flexible Work Environment

Cons

I didn't found any Cons here

A mixed bag.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Melbourne (Australia)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

I have been working at Oakton for more than a year

Pros

Sadly, lower standards and hence less pressure to perform/deliver quality.

Cons

Information Management has a body-shop culture. They don't look after employees. In the 2 years that I have worked for this company I have hardly ever felt like I am a part of large consulting organization.

Selling projects with no forethought towards timelines will do more harm than good to both the client and the consulting company.

work hard, minimal recognition, no investment in R&D, minimal innovation, but times are changing

Current Employee - Principal Consultant  in  Melbourne (Australia)
    Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Melbourne (Australia)

I have been working at Oakton full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

some great people, good jobs, lots of variety

Cons

snr. management can be too old fashioned, minimal innovation, too reactive ...

take care of good people, invest in them, change the culture to attract and retain better people, become an employer of choice

Worked for Oakton? Contribute to the Community!