Oasis Outsourcing

Professional Employer Consultant

Current Employee - Professional Employer Consultant in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Professional Employer Consultant in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Oasis Outsourcing full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Awesome Working Environment! Great Manager, great Pay and employee benefits

Cons

Getting deals approved through underwriting are very tough in this industry. You hired to go out and sell the customers and then you are challenged with the internal selling process of getting the clients approved to come onboard

being more leniant on client deals for approval, but all in all this is the industry we work!

No respect for their employees.

Current Employee - PEO Consultant in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - PEO Consultant in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Oasis Outsourcing full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Their product is very flexible so it makes it easier to sell compared to other PEOs. Their commission package is very attractive because the more you sell the more commissions and excelerators kick in.

Cons

They treat their employees poorly. They fire people without warning, the sales people are penalized on their commission for selling business that is beyond the worker's compensation scope however Oasis still capitalizes on the administrative fees. Supervisors, manager and executive are all sleeping around. Creates a hostile environment to work in.

Enforce the direct supervisor dating policiy

No where to go

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL

I have been working at Oasis Outsourcing full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Co-workers are awesome people to work with

Cons

Need work on taking care of their employees

Stop focusing on yourselves

Not one of the better sales jobs

Current Employee - Sales in South San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in South San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Oasis Outsourcing full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Work/Life balance and immediate management is good.

Cons

Commissions do not work out to be as claimed. No leads until you bring in business and leads are not very good. The people that have been there the longest, have 99% of the professional relationships and networks all tied up (they are permanently named to these people). These professional relationships are absolutely needed to drive business to the rep. These reps are the ones that will always make club and there are only a small percentage of people that can go.. Otherwise is a very difficult and hard road for the new hire to bring in business and achieve quota.. They also hire and fire easily- big turnovers in sales.

Visionary CEO and knows the business very well. Advice would be to help new hires get off the ground with something other than bad training

I loved working for Oasis Outsourcing,

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

I worked at Oasis Outsourcing full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good PTO and Dental coverage. Great culture, the OP office was awesome. I would still be there if they had not closed the office.

Cons

Health insurance premiums were higher than any other place I had worked. So high, I couldn't afford to cover my kids.

Consider lowering the Health Insurance premiums.

Circus

Former Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY

I worked at Oasis Outsourcing part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Meeting celebrities if you consider that a pro.

Cons

Pay, hours, expectations, management, etc.

Start all over, hire new management. Reform must come from the very top, there is too much corruption in a glorified gift shop.

Payroll Mill

Current Employee - Payroll Specialist in West Palm Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Payroll Specialist in West Palm Beach, FL

I have been working at Oasis Outsourcing full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Pleasant co-workers, health insurance and benefits, a job. This requires a 20 word minimum but I cannot think of any more positive words about this company.

Cons

Poor training, poor management, constant turnover most likely due to horrible training.

Raise your standards.

Oasis is a decent company but there is little support and ZERO training for their sales team.

Former Employee - Professional Employer Consultant
    Former Employee - Professional Employer Consultant

I worked at Oasis Outsourcing full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Solid company. Good benefits. Decent culture...but very corporate and impersonal. If you know how to sell, they will roll out the red carpet and you can literally do WHATEVER you want.

Cons

There is zero training for new sales people. There is a 3 or 4 day orientation at the headquarters in West Palm Beach but its and intro to the company, what they do, and the people you'll interact with as a sales person. But, there is ZERO sales training if you're new to PEO. You get a cubicle, some business cards, and you're thrown in the deep end to sink or swim.

First and foremost, training for sales people new to PEO. Second, require all independent producers to work directly with District Managers in each city...instead of working directly with the sales reps. The DM's could then farm out the work on a deal-by-deal basis to all their sales people, based upon whatever criteria makes the most sense, rather than just based upon seniority. Currently, the older sales people simply inherit the IP relationships over time and then sit on them and milk them...rather than driver new relationships and new sales channels. There would certainly be complications but in the end, it would work better and prevent the "diva" sales people in PEO from holding the company hostage and threatening to leave and take the IP to with them.

Started off great, ended badly

Current Employee - PEC
    Current Employee - PEC

I have been working at Oasis Outsourcing full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great pay and nice coworkers.

Cons

District Managers do not help the PEC's. Focus is driven on number of first meetings each week (you need a minimum of 6) instead of helping/building the consultants up. This is a boiler room type of sales job and if you don't have certain numbers by month 6, they fire you. The company has "favorites." If you're not one of them, you get no help. There is no room for growth/advancement. It takes most sales consultants 6+ months to get a deal, if you even get one. My advice, don't work for this company unless you need a paycheck for 6 months. I left and took a $10,000 pay cut to get out of the nightmare that was Oasis.

I would do background checks on your District Managers and listen to the consultants when they come to you or the RVP's with concerns. It's not all about the numbers, we're sales people, we need a fun/exciting atmosphere to build us up, not a grind house.

If I ever leave, I've been fired

Current Employee - District Sales Supervisor in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - District Sales Supervisor in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Oasis Outsourcing full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Flat management, open communication, excellent benefits, great pay, plenty of opportunity for an upward career path, company has integrity and does right by clients, employees and their families as well as the community. Management values employees and their opinions. Constant promotion from within. Employee opinions regularly sought and acted upon.
    Oasis has on countless occasions assited employees or their families in times of crisis and tragedy. This is a small company getting biggish, but not losing it's soul in the process.
    The year of Katrina, Oasis collectively chose to forgo its annual holiday party and donate the budget to victims and recovery. Since that year, that same budget is distributed among nonprofit clients annually. Oasis partners with and sponsors it's client's fundraisers; Humane society, various Chambers of Commerce, charitable organizations and community outreach.

Cons

Having grown by 75% over the past 8 years, technology has been added on as needed rather than overhauled. Largely visible on employee side, Clients do not see or experience the lags. The overhaul began summer of 2013 with major technology investments. Streamlined processes are evolving and being implemented througout, management and shareholders are completely committed to evolution. Lots of light on this issue.

I think evertything that needed to change in terms of management has happened within the past year. The few who needed to go are gone and the new CTO and COO are top flight. Certain veteran employees have been moved to different areas in order to facilitate cross training and cohesion. the investments being made in technology and the enhancements to HR and compliance services have been dead on. Senior management is committed to happy employees and happy clients. Keep it up!

Oasis Outsourcing Photos