Oatey Reviews

John McMillan

Very Accepting and Relaxing When Paced Well

Current Employee - Production Technician  in  Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Production Technician in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Oatey full-time for more than a year

Pros

The best reasons for working at Oatey are you get a lot of hours, holiday pay and benefits. They will train you in areas you are uncertain of how to do the work, and you will be a leader no matter what after a while.

Cons

Some of the challenges of working here is attendance is of utmost importance, and you must let them know in advance when you need time off.

If I were to share some advice with upper management, I would say don't be so aloof with those waves.

Not a nice place to work

Current Employee - Northside  in  Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Northside in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Oatey full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Very nice co-workers on the floor,nice pay,vacation.and 401k

Cons

Unfairness ,favortism,never rewarded for doing a good job not even a thank u,don't want associates talking to each other,always trying to find a reason to terminate someone,especially the people who have been there along perid of time,employees are held accountable for their wrong doing, but not Senior leadership,and Senior leadership doesn't give its employees the respect they deserve.

Show more appreciation towards the employees,stop the nick picking,shouldn't terminate people just cause you can,show respect,listen to the people who perform the job on a daily basis,the Oatey family needs to get back involved.

not worth it.

Current Employee - Northside Operator  in  Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Northside Operator in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Oatey full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

401k, vac. pay, and employee's on the floor NOT management., hourly pay

Cons

will fire you when on fmla, unfairness to the worker's, lack of training, if you do 1 thing wrong they will hold it against you for the life of your employment there.

listen to the people on the floor, don't hold judgment, give credit where it dew. the Oatey's need to get back involved.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Given the opportunity to make a big difference.

I have been working at Oatey full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Given multiple opportunities to make things better. Still much more to improve. Chance to work closely with top management on regular basis.

Cons

Many systems and processes need to be revamped. Some segments of business reluctant to change.

Take good care of your best and brightest.

Nice place to work but.... turnover is ongoing issue

I have been working at Oatey full-time

Pros

Friendly co workers
    good profitable company cares about product and customers

Cons

very conservative business practices
    could communicate better to associates

Keep on moving forward the company is going up

Extremely satisfied working at Oatey...great people make the difference

I have been working at Oatey full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I thoroughly enjoy the people I work with at Oatey. There's a mutual respect and sense of camaraderie among the us. The work is rewarding because the business invests to improve every year.

Cons

Having enough offices can become an issue when new associates arrive. Upper management is working on the problem though.

Better coffee is always a good investment

Good a first, bad for the rest

Former Employee - Warehouse Clerk  in  Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Warehouse Clerk in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Oatey part-time for more than 8 years

Pros

In the 8 years I worked as a part time worker there, what little flexibility I had as a PT worker, looking back really wasn't worth the trouble. Things are a bit better now than before. You had 1/4 of the people walking around as managers of some sort. If you were one of the chosen ones, you could do nothing and slide by. Pays decent but I make 3x what I did there by just going to community college for a year.

Cons

You had people they didn't know what to do with, that they just created jobs for them. So then you had these people wandering around with nothing better to do than try to catch people talking to each other. This place was like a prison. I hated it there so bad that I finally just quit for a job that paid less. I had several 2nd jobs that I tried to switch to in order to get out of there and finally I found one that I took and quit this place. I went back 2 summers ago to catch up on money until I started my paid internship for where I work now, and it was significantly better. over 1/2 the people working there were no longer there.

Telling your employees "you should feel lucky you have a job" or if you don't like it, then leave" is immature and bad for company morale. You want people to want to work for you don't you? Oh that's right, you only care about how you look and will throw anyone under the bus. Listen to your employees instead of hiring consulting groups to tell you what is wrong.

Terrible place to be, backwards.

Former Employee - Worst Work Experience of My Life  in  Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Worst Work Experience of My Life in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Oatey

Pros

Majority of people are friendly. Comardary among people for how unreasonable decisions made by management.

Cons

Working here is like being on a reality tv show. People make alliances to keep their job. Managment is too busy in meetings scheming on how they'll take advantage of employees rather than noticing
    People who produce and care about company's well being. This job wasted prime Years of my career. I hope I'll be able to recover.

Start treating people w/ respect. Remove honor God in all we do from
    Moto. There's nothing honorable about how you treat people.

A Safe Place for the Unmotivated to Lay Low...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Oatey

Pros

-Great work/life balance
    -Great associates
    -Very unstressful/unchallenging (con or pro...you decide)
    Oatey is a good place to work if you have a family and can afford to raise them on what Oatey pays you. The workplace is without urgency or concern, and the work/life balance is satisfied as a result.

Cons

-Ridiculous compensation, on the verge of insulting
    -Incredibly shrinking benefits year after year
    -Indefinite wage freeze
    Never expect to earn your way up or earn more income at Oatey. The company is intimately coupled with the housing market...as the market withers, so do the opportunties at Oatey. The hiring philosphy is to bring in talent from the outside only, most often at wages that far exceed internal talent for the exact same positions. This is not a company to come to if you are a motivated, energetic, and high-performing worker with management potential.

Stop the political nonsense. This company may be family-owned, but it shouldn't ACT family-run. Get more mid-level managers, because there is a huge age gap between senior managment and the potential management pool. Unless, of course, the plan is to simply buy the management talent from the market at highly inflated prices...

No fun

I worked at Oatey

Pros

Paycheck, that was about it.

Cons

Senior leadership is only worried about themselves

Get out of your bubble.

Worked for Oatey? Contribute to the Community!