Oatey Reviews

2.6
John McMillan

1. AR SPecialist

I worked at Oatey

Pros

Steady, nothing unexpected. Great if you like calm atmosphere.

Cons

Steady, nothing unexpected. Mid size company. Almost no communication between management and employees.

Advice to Management

Communicate more..supervisors are great. But it seems company doesn't have a good grasp of AR

2. Oatey

Former Employee - Production Worker in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Production Worker in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Oatey

Pros

2nd shift has a good supervisor and zone leaders.

Cons

1st shift- Favoritism, Zone lead aren't held accountable, Seniority rules, Temps have no say so. Assembly cells expectations outrageous, Seems not to care about employees if u have no personal relationship with management, Lack of training, Everyone tells u different things fir the same job.

Advice to Management

Everyone no matter position should be held accountable for there actions. Every shift should have the same rules because its confusing.

Bottom Of The Barrel Employer!, Despite your education or career level

Former Employee - Design Engineer in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Design Engineer in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Oatey full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A paycheck for an undetermined amount of time

Cons

I truly though I had seen it all when it comes to bad management until I joined Oatey. I was with Oatey just over a year as an engineer and after the first six months was quickly looking for an exit strategy. This place has unbelievably bad management on all levels. Since the product lines are not that technical in nature, they place some of the worst minded individuals in management that really fail to have any technical knowledge whatsoever. The company is family owned/privately held and ran. The ownership is easily manipulated by thier vice president structure who acts like hyenas picking at a dead carcass. It boils down to a popularity contest as to who succeeds and who don’t. If you’re able to spin doctor your way out of bad situations, you will go far here. The turnover in this company is astounding and just within my short time I’ve witnessed dozens leaving due to frustration. When asked about the astounding turnover, Human resources responds, “some turnover is normal, and the others we would have gotten rid of anyway”. When I left Oatey I provided a host of reasons as to why I was leaving and to my knowledge, no changes were ever made. ​When I joined Oatey, the ownership indicated that they were having trouble getting new innovative products to market in order to thwart the constant give backs to the big box stores. They had suffered a loss of business in the economic downturn and didn’t have any new products in the pipeline to aid recover. Little did I know that a huge part of the reason was that they cannot manage to keep any talented engineers long enough to develop these products due to the incompetence they put in charge of this group. They have gone through so many talented engineers but insist on keeping their lacking management members which is the reason people leave. The bottom line is, due to the management structure, working at this company is not a good career move for someone of any talent. It is truly a “bottom of the barrel” place to work for those who like to create and prosper. My advice: There is better, Keep Looking!

Advice to Management

I find it astounding that this company makes money with the incompetent management staff in various groups, What's even more astounding is how much revenue is lost due to this....

5. order picker

Former Employee - Order Picker in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Order Picker in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Oatey (Less than a year)

Pros

great place to work and love the work given.

Cons

none everything about the job was cool very clean and safe place to work.

Advice to Management

great people.

6. Customer Service

Current Employee - Customer Service in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Oatey

Pros

Very nice environment and great co-workers

Cons

Nothing to say negative or cons to the company

So much potential...

I worked at Oatey (More than 5 years)

Pros

A lot of smart people with a will to win.

Cons

Almost no investment in the people, the facilities or the future.

Advice to Management

Listen to the smart people that work for you.

Micro managed

Current Employee - Line Worker in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Line Worker in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Oatey full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pay is satisfactory. It's not great. The other floor workers are great.

Cons

11+ hours a day. People in charge make unattainable rules and expectations. Not the safest environment. Hardly any raises. God forbid a line worker has one minute of down time to take a minute outside of breaktime.....cuz if u do they will have a overpaid under trained engineer watch over them for a day so he can tell u how to use that extra minute. Extreme favoritism. ......

Advice to Management

Stop micro managing ur staff and let us show u how well trained and competent we are.

9. Very Accepting and Relaxing When Paced Well

Current Employee - Production Technician in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Production Technician in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Oatey full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The best reasons for working at Oatey are you get a lot of hours, holiday pay and benefits. They will train you in areas you are uncertain of how to do the work, and you will be a leader no matter what after a while.

Cons

Some of the challenges of working here is attendance is of utmost importance, and you must let them know in advance when you need time off.

Advice to Management

If I were to share some advice with upper management, I would say don't be so aloof with those waves.

Not a nice place to work

Current Employee - Northside in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Northside in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Oatey full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Very nice co-workers on the floor,nice pay,vacation.and 401k

Cons

Unfairness ,favortism,never rewarded for doing a good job not even a thank u,don't want associates talking to each other,always trying to find a reason to terminate someone,especially the people who have been there along perid of time,employees are held accountable for their wrong doing, but not Senior leadership,and Senior leadership doesn't give its employees the respect they deserve.

Advice to Management

Show more appreciation towards the employees,stop the nick picking,shouldn't terminate people just cause you can,show respect,listen to the people who perform the job on a daily basis,the Oatey family needs to get back involved.

not worth it.

Current Employee - Northside Operator in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Northside Operator in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Oatey full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

401k, vac. pay, and employee's on the floor NOT management., hourly pay

Cons

will fire you when on fmla, unfairness to the worker's, lack of training, if you do 1 thing wrong they will hold it against you for the life of your employment there.

Advice to Management

listen to the people on the floor, don't hold judgment, give credit where it dew. the Oatey's need to get back involved.

RSS Feed </> Embed