Oberon Associates

4.0

Oberon Associates Chairman and CEO Jodi L. Johnson
Jodi L. Johnson

Too it's gone

I worked at Oberon Associates (more than 3 years)

Pros

Enjoyed my colleagues while working with the company

Cons

They are no longer in business

Great Company to work for

Former Employee - Capabilities Analyst in Sierra Vista, AZ
    Former Employee - Capabilities Analyst in Sierra Vista, AZ

I worked at Oberon Associates full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Despite the fact that Oberon has been purchased twice in the last couple of years by large international contract companies, it has maintained a wonderful culture and sense of family within its areas of operations. This company has many leaders who want to take care of the employees and go out of their way to create a positive working environment.

Cons

The company has been sold/purchased multiple times in the past few years. This has led to confusion in the local offices and field about new policies and benefits. It has created a lot of frustration for employees who were familiar with the way things "were done" or who may have been victim to the rumors and assumptions of others.

Get a better handle on what the policies are how they will be implemented. Reduce the amount of nepotism.

I learned a lot and had a great time

Former Employee - Biometrics SME in Manassas, VA
    Former Employee - Biometrics SME in Manassas, VA

I worked at Oberon Associates full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great work environment, great pay, and flexible schedules

Cons

Too many family members working side-by-side with each other, caused some internal conflicts

Oberon has great potential but needs to be more selective on those individuals they put in leadership positions.

Current Employee - JAICC in Sierra Vista, AZ
    Current Employee - JAICC in Sierra Vista, AZ

I have been working at Oberon Associates

Pros

Oberon itself is a very caring company that seems to be heading in the right direction. As a contractor on a government contract I don't get to see that side often but I hear they really support their office employees. They pay fair and have an open door policy. It is pretty laid back and a very family environment in the actual office. I keep saying the "actual office" because in the office I work under a government contract these attributes that Oberon is known for don't exist due to inexperienced leadership who are strictly in their job to further themselves.

Cons

I hear working in the actual offices is great, but as a contractor the individuals put in charge often have no actual experience in their job field which makes for a stressful work environment. Although there is a proclaimed open door policy you may find that it's very hard to get past your immediate supervisors if they feel your issue may hurt their chances for advancement in any way. I think if the majority of Oberon employees experienced life the way we hear the office employees do then it would be a much happier place, however that is not the case.

I think that the senior management for Oberon itself does a great job. They seem very open and friendly like they really care for the employees. I would encourage them to mentor their site leads to ensure that communication is a reality and that the site leads ensure those individuals they put in leadership positions have actual experience they can use to help under them.

Oberon Associates, Inc. at great place to work.

Current Employee - Sorry, Since Oberon IS A Small Company This Would Identify Me in Falls Church, VA

I have been working at Oberon Associates

Pros

Oberon is a medium size company with a small company attitude and style. I enjoy the type of work I do, I have a very good salary for the area, I have good advancement opportunigies. Leadership including the CEO, Jodi Johnson, and President, Dave Young, try to see all employees as much as possible. They are very pleaseant personalities and are very easy to talk to. All my management is pleasant to work with. It is pervasive throughout the company.

Cons

I would like to see some of the benefits improved, for example, dental and education.

Allow more training slots in the Mentor/Manager and Technical programs.

Awesome Job, Below-Average Company

I have been working at Oberon Associates

Pros

Pay was outstanding. Benefits were above average.

Cons

Incompetent and uncaring leadership, constant turnover.

Ok

I have been working at Oberon Associates

Pros

Respected by managers, pay is ok and benefits are good. Vacation time is long. Last year I took a huge break for Christmas and went on a cruise with my family.

Cons

Work is tedious and sometimes boring. Can be a strain on the eyes to stare at a computer screen all day.

Listen to the average workers for suggestions. Sometimes we have some very good ones.