Object Builders

www.objectbuilders.com

Object Builders Reviews

1.0

Robert L. Schmitter

Absolutely terrible place to work

Former Employee - Assembler in King of Prussia, PA
    Former Employee - Assembler in King of Prussia, PA

I worked at Object Builders full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Going out for lunch with coworkers.

Cons

They work you until you have no life. You better be free every night and on weekends after your training's up. Be prepared to end up stumped due to lack of training and blamed for late assignments. Also be prepared to work for the worst management team ever. Enjoy being cussed at for any incorrect work? This is the place for you! Like hostile environments when you don't know when or what they'll give you a hard time for next? Great! Do you like working in an office with an office mgr who yells and slams his fist at people on the phone? Do you enjoy getting constant contradictory information and being expected to perform work based on this information? You'll love this place!

I'm giving Compensation & Benefits a 3 because they'll hire people with no degree or former training and pay them fairly for it.

One last point: People are CONSTANTLY hired and fired. The second they decide to try to switch up their style, you're gone. And you will not win if you try for unemployment. They have a really high-profile lawyer working for them. Guess that's necessary when clients probably want to sue you for putting out a deceitful product.

Learn fairness.

Stay away from this place.

Former Employee - Project Manager in King of Prussia, PA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in King of Prussia, PA

I worked at Object Builders full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Use of OO programming Concepts.

Cons

On of the worse company I ever worked for.

Trying to sell as new, production concepts that are 50 years old or more. Cars and most product assembly does not occur the way you insist on having software modules, built. Has not for decades. This, on top of the rather poor way you treat people who you manage to lure to work for this enterprise.Only place I have worked at that was attempting to force me into a top down approach to project management and prohibit any interaction with the people actually building the application.

Idea Rats

Former Employee - Software Developer in King of Prussia, PA
    Former Employee - Software Developer in King of Prussia, PA

I worked at Object Builders

Pros

Well, I was told about all kinds great things they had to offer - stock options, advancement oppertunities, technologies... it didn't pan out

Cons

Nothing these people say is true. I don't bad mouth companies I've worked with in general, but in the time I worked there (9 months) we fired and rehired 2 people every month except for 1 month when we fired 4 people. It's the only company I've ever worked for where the present and past employees still got togeather years later to tell stories and complain about the company. And if you could only see what kind of cobbled together code runs their system (built using an '87 non-supported Object C compiler though they will tell you it's C++)

There is no advice you can give to them. The company already has a horrible name with their clients (Idea rats) and if everything fall down around them, they will just rename the company AGAIN