Objectifi

Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Sushee Perumal

overall great culture

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosits a great supportive environment. very easy to talk to upper management and other employees

ConsNeeds a better internal office support, HR or general admin

Objectifi has given me the opportunity to expand my skill set and forward my career.

Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsI have found that in the 1.5 years I’ve worked here, all of the Senior Managers I’ve worked with have been quick to give me more and more responsibility, and to help me branch out and develop additional skills. My efforts have been consistently rewarded and I’ve never encountered a single instance of “micro-management”. Objectifi’s client base is a large and growing list of Fortune 500 and 100 companies, but the small size of the company means most (if not all) team members get direct exposure to the client. The projects are varied and interesting, and Managers have worked with me to put my skill set to use. I’ve always felt challenged and like a crucial part of every team I’ve been on, but have never encountered unreasonable timelines.
        I’ve greatly enjoyed working for Objectifi and feel in the time I’ve been here I’ve been treated with the utmost of fairness and respect. I’ve had the opportunity to gain many new skills and gain exposure to some of the most exciting developments in the industry. I would happily recommend working at Objectifi to any qualified candidate.

ConsObjectifi has grown rapidly and as such, has fallen a bit behind on the “admin” side of things and I think the company could soon benefit in hiring a dedicated admin/HR person.
        While I appreciate the independent work environment at Objectifi, I recognize that it may not be for everyone. I could see employees feeling “unsupported”, as everyone, including Senior Management, is occupied with client work. Personally, I would take this environment over one where I felt overly-managed any day, but it could be an adjustment for those used to a more traditional environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to invest in your company and team, and I have no doubt you will see even more success in the future.

Great place for people who are not afraid to work their way up!

UT Manager (Current Employee)
    Toronto, ON (Canada)

Pros- Extremely friendly and casual work environment (not to be mistaken for low volume work)
    - Less strict office hours
    - Fortune 100/500 client base & related projects - excellent for the resume
    - Excellent senior management from a capability/knowledge perspective and always willing to share that knowledge with those who seek it
    - No micro-management where not absolutely required
    - Excellent on-the-job learning environment
    - Very supportive team mates

Cons- Needs a more formal back-office touch (accounts/admin/HR)

Advice to Senior Management- Please provide a "Consulting 101" to all new incumbents who are not very familiar with the way consulting works in order to align professional/career expectations with Objectifi way of work
    - If possible, please arrange more group activities - monthly/bi-monthly - involving family members

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to grow your skills and grow with the company

Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee)
    Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsObjectifi is very focused on balancing the growth of the company with developing the skill set of their employees. Objectifi provides a great opportunity to work in a variety of industries, in various business or technical capacities. With both excellent leadership and staff, a highly collaborative environment is easily accessible. An open door policy allows employees to gain feedback and support at all levels of the organization. This is an excellent place to participate in a growing company, build on your own strengths, learn from peers and management, and work with leading Fortune 500 customers.

ConsAs with any growing company, career development at Objectifi is self-directed and largely dependent on your initiative and level of interest.

senior management is great...but not much else

(Former Employee)

Pros-great senior management
    -competent and show leadership quality.. can at times be inconsistent in their goals/objectives
    -asks the right questions about your work and gets you .. a track ... until they change that track

Cons-hardly get to work with senior management (they're busy attending to clients)
    -not the workplace for everyone
    -lot of work to be done and unless you personally have the right tools you're only provided with the basics (ms office) which may slow you down
    -more concerned about presentation and work projections than actual content

Advice to Senior Management-... senior managers have good heads and are plenty capable of running their business
    - can manage employees better ... work some levels of abstraction into your approach with employees as you do with your clients

Budding Consulting firm has growing pains in early stages but owners lack unified goal and clear direction.

Solutions Architect (Former Employee)
    Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsGenerally a flexible place to work in terms of hours. Management's overambitiousness allows for exposure to bleeding edge technologies. Small firm environment (4 to 10 people) which allows direct involvement in both the technical and business aspects of each project.

ConsVery bad management. Owners do not have clear focus or unified management or execution strategies. This filters down to employees in the form of micro-management. The overambitiousness of the owners results in "reaching beyond their grasp"; i.e. project deadlines will be unrealistic due to that; micro-management cripples the productivity and creativity of their developers. Over-emphasis on perfecting minute technical details such as "tight coding" and "tight documentation" shows imbalanced perspective and lack of vision in management, which leads to bad relationships with clients. Management also makes promises they do not keep. Management does not encourage collaboration. The mentality that "throwing someone into the fire" does not work and is not a productive way of getting the best out of employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave a clear unified goal for your company. Be a consulting firm that groups your developers and architects according to areas of specialization. Be a firm that makes the best of your employees specific strengths. Encourage collaboration and teamwork. Have a plan for investing into your employees through training.

Worked for Objectifi? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Objectifi reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Objectifi CEO Sushee Perumal. All 6 reviews posted anonymously by Objectifi employees.