Oblon, McClelland, Maier & Neustadt

www.oblon.com

Oblon, McClelland, Maier & Neustadt Reviews

3.3

Bradley Lytle

Excellent Company and No.1in USA.

Former Employee - Trademark Processing Assistant in Alexandria, VA
    Former Employee - Trademark Processing Assistant in Alexandria, VA

I worked at Oblon, McClelland, Maier & Neustadt full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

It 's a multicultural company, I know a many people from different countries, very professionals.

Cons

I worked here long time and I got a lot experience and I changed my life.

The compensation is fine. I have a great experience to work there, I would like to back the company again.

Good work is valued here but is very busy

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Oblon, McClelland, Maier & Neustadt full-time

Pros

People are amazing and are always really helpful - seem pretty dedicated. Benefits are good; and best if all, no screaming attorneys.

Cons

Company going through some changes which has been ok so far, but seems to be causing some uncertainty

Ask employees for their ideas

Be willing to accept the fact that staff are not treated well.

Current Employee - Support Staff in Alexandria, VA
    Current Employee - Support Staff in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at Oblon, McClelland, Maier & Neustadt part-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

It's a fine enough place to get experience and build a resume.

Cons

OSMMN made a lot of changes in the last year or so. Benefits have been cut back and long time employees have been let go. Staff are tightly regulated, forced to abide by a handbook more appropriate for a high school. There is a general feeling that if you are not part of the "in crowd" your job is on the line. This firm is out of touch with the DC firms they strive to be like.

Start treating staff fairer and enforce basic rules across the board. Show real appreciation for them. Real market salaries. Instead of being so concerned about internet usage, put a little trust in the staff to act like the adults they are.

Run

Current Employee - Patent Specialist in Alexandria, VA
    Current Employee - Patent Specialist in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at Oblon, McClelland, Maier & Neustadt full-time (less than a year)

Pros

This job was a true learning experience.

Cons

For support staff, this is a sweatshop environment with absurd levels of oversight and supervision. Rude attorneys throwing tantrums. An inefficient assembly line with multi-layer review process before a simple letter gets out the door. Often returned to revise as the client sends another letter wanting to know why the hell they haven't received a response yet. It's laughable. Lost files. Support staff supervisors are under-trained and running around like rats in a maze. Into job-protection big time. Below market salary. Indifferent HR Department with the primary job of filling constant vacancies and breaking the rules for management. Support staff has no voice in this environment. I've worked in different arenas and this one is a true nut house.

They already know it all or don't care. It's all about the money.

OK place to work but they almost always under pay but 10-15k

Former Employee - Legal Secretary in Alexandria, VA
    Former Employee - Legal Secretary in Alexandria, VA

I worked at Oblon, McClelland, Maier & Neustadt full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Good Benefits package and longevity program

Cons

No real HR department, the firm Executive Director seems to be incapable of finding an HR director she can get along with and the last 3 have been fired. The ED goes on power trips and makes any decision she want regarding staff without any input from the supervisors or attorneys involved.

High reputation, but numerous senior staff who continue to work at Oblon because no one has the courage to fire them.

Former Employee - Assistant in Alexandria, VA
    Former Employee - Assistant in Alexandria, VA

I worked at Oblon, McClelland, Maier & Neustadt

Pros

Great benefit packages, staff appreciation week, professional work environment.

Cons

Jealousy international guest coordinator who is not professional in her work at all.

If you want to cut your budget, spend less on taking clients' out to golfing, shooting, fancy dining.

Working as a patent associate at Oblon.

Former Employee - Associate in Alexandria, VA
    Former Employee - Associate in Alexandria, VA

I worked at Oblon, McClelland, Maier & Neustadt

Pros

Oblon provides a ready, steady and consistent stream of work for the associates. Oblon has had a long enough history and a large enough client base so that when other firms in the Washington area may be having gaps in what amount of work available, this is not the case with Oblon. An associate that is even average in ambition should be able to meet the hour billing expectations.

Cons

To emphasize efficiency, the assigned cases for patent prosecution may be very repetitive. While such practice helps get the work out the door, this repetitive assignment can may one feel, locked in without much chance of readily broadening into other technical areas.

Be more receptive to what the junior associates are recommending as methods and practices to improve the quality of life and production in the office.

excellent

I have been working at Oblon, McClelland, Maier & Neustadt

Pros

opportunities for a variety of work
    growing firm

Cons

current starting salary for attorneys a little low

Oblon, McClelland, Maier & Neustadt Photos