Océ North America Reviews

Updated June 23, 2014

2.9

Océ North America President & CEO Patrick Chapuis
Patrick Chapuis

Pros
  • Good benefits package and a great deal of nice people to work with (in 12 reviews)

• Good people to work with, excellent product line, benefits are good (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management had no clue as to how to deal with people (in 5 reviews)

• brand recognition that does exist is often negative (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Lay offs abound

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Océ North America

Pros

Local management decent and fellow workers are dependable.

Cons

Lay offs now for third year in a row. Over 1/2 the field has been laid off. Company is laying off core employees now. I believe that alone is a major indication of what direction senior management is moving the company.

Stop pushing the some of your useless employee parameters. Give the under paid and very over worked employees a raise. We have not had a raise in over 3 years, and 2011 looks like more of the same. For the most part the customers know whats going on with the company and they have no problem expressing their concerns.

Once upon a time...

Former Employee - Analyst  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Analyst in Chicago, IL

I worked at Océ North America

Pros

Oce was a fantastic place to work. Advancement opportunities were plentiful, pay was based on performance. Raises with promotions were outstanding, and benefits were terrific. The culture was conservative, but still fun. Overall a great place to work.

Cons

Purchasing Imagistics was the biggest mistake ever made, putting the "box movers" at Imagistics in charge was the second biggest mistake. These people were cheap, unaware of how to sell the value of an outstanding product, treated their employees like cattle, and all around one of the worst management teams I have ever seen in place at a large corporation. I believe the downfall at Oce can be solely attributed to the senior management team in place from the time of purchase of Imagistics to the sale of Oce to Canon. Sad.

Get rid of anyone in senior management previously associated with Imagistics.

A Castle of Chaos!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Océ North America

Pros

Good benefits package. Salary is decent.

Cons

No appreciate is show to employees by management. Way too much internal office politics goes on that keeps people in positions that they do not belong in. The work environment could certainly be described as hostile. Granted there is an acquisition going on now, but management does not do enough to boost morale, encourage any sort of teamwork, or even praise those who do a good job. Communication is horrible! It can be compared to working in a government job! So much red tape to go through to get anything done. Many managers treat their employees like idiots and berate them at every opprotunity. No respect shown at Oce.

Get in touch with your people more. Do things to boost morale. Replace some of your supervisors & managers with people who know how to treat employees with some dignity and respect. Learn how to communicate with people within your organzation.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Soory for people still working and waiting for the Cannon layoff

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at Océ North America

Pros

Good benefits package and a great deal of nice people to work with. The Denver location had nice office space and was centrally located in the metro area.

Cons

Management was only concerned with cutting cost, moving functions to reduce cost and did not treat all employees as a valuable resource. Many times there was confusiion as to where we needed to go but an emphasis on getting there.

The least cost solution is not always the best solution for your customers. Customer loyalty will bring you profitability. Stop dumping product like a used car lot. Pick an ERP system that you can get support for and stop running two independant systems that don't communicate. Make more of an effort to re-establish a middle management structure and stop reporting managers to vice presidents. They have too much to do so they are not good at doing much of anything accept asking for updates. Joe S will always makes sure he gets his bonus no matter what he has to do to hurt the overall company to achieve it.

An excellent place to learn and strengthen your expertise

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Trumbull, CT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Trumbull, CT

I worked at Océ North America

Pros

Cross-functional project opportunities
    Forward thinking
    Opportunities to develop skill set and experties
    Open communication between employee-manager
    My manager was truely an excillent manager

Cons

Negotiate a good salary at hire. Oce lags market in salary. If they had offerred me a good raise I would have stayed with Oce.

Continue to involve employees in decision making. Compensation needs to be reassessed for the professional level employees. Internal equity is important.

I've been here along time

Current Employee - Digital Technician  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Digital Technician in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Océ North America

Pros

Decent pay depending witch division you work for.Benefits seem about average.

Cons

Oce is in the process of being purchased by Canon.This could be a very bad thing

Don't forget your customers.let your employees do the right thing for them

Great experience to obtain for a person who wants to enter Corporate Sales....BUT!

Current Employee - Commercial Sales Representative  in  Troy, MI
    Current Employee - Commercial Sales Representative in Troy, MI

I have been working at Océ North America

Pros

Being in sales, you manage your own time and your daily schedule. It give you the opportunity to meet a number of professional and possible networking opportunites.

Cons

Management is not the best. The product is similar to the competition and the company does not advertise, which makes it hard for the sales reps. to partake and win those major deals. Not many "minorites" are in position of autority, despite being qualified or more qualified then their surpervisor.

If your want sales exp. this is one that will give you that. As it is one of the hardest sales to manage, but it prepares you for other opportunities that may come your way

I can't complain

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Nashville, TN

I worked at Océ North America

Pros

Very laid back atmosphere. You really have to be self motivated because you are really on your own most of the time. As long as you do your job effectively no one will bother you and let you do your own thing.

Cons

You can not move up in the company unless you are willing to pack up and move where ever a better position might be. If you are willing to pack and up leave when a new job become available you can easily advance far in the company.

Just like I put in the cons, you have to be willing to relocate to move up in the company.

Cubicles

Current Employee - Inside Sales - Drafting/Engineering Supplies  in  Itasca, IL
    Current Employee - Inside Sales - Drafting/Engineering Supplies in Itasca, IL

I have been working at Océ North America

Pros

Pretty good money. Reasonable expectations for performance standards. They had some bonus opportunities that had payouts that were quite motivating.

Cons

Internal politics contributed to lower moral than necessary. Drab cubical office environment was difficult to overcome. Opportunity for advancement for this position was minimal.

Supervisors need to become believably content with their own position. They need to help create a more happy and proud culture within the call center both in their communication and the environment off the call center itself.

Oce Document Printing was a good stepping stone.

Former Employee - Commercial SALES Representative
    Former Employee - Commercial SALES Representative

I worked at Océ North America

Pros

Vacation time and benefits were good. The rewards were okay but you have to work extremely hard and long hours to make good money.

Cons

The company has suffered a lot in recent times and has layed off many people. Currently they are on a hiring freeze and have reduced everyones salries by 10%. If it does recover, I would be very cautious before accepting a position there.

There needs to be greater accountabiliyt among management and more communication in order to suceed and move forward and out of the mess the company is now in.

Worked for Océ North America? Contribute to the Community!